Just found a box full of ammo

Why would I want a "well used" Taurus? It might be one of the old models before Taurus changed hands. No thanks.
Actually the "old ones" were worse than todays models though I've seen a Model 85 out of time new in the box.

The only Taurus handguns I'm OK with are the P92/99 and the PT-1911 series. Lots of value with both series. I really don't know much about the "plastic" models they have come out with in the past five years or so.

I use a Kimber .22 conversion kit on a Taurus frame (poor man's Ace). Never a minute's problem with it and the Kimber kits are notoriously finicky with a lot of frames. I tried using it on a Colt 80 series and a old Essex frame and it did not like them nary a bit.

000 001 (2).JPG

You blew it again, Buddy.

A real gun nut would never think that they were happy with only what they have.

(just kidding, I understand that there are more firearms than there are available funds)
No problem, just giving you shit back. :thup:

Cleaning out as much as I can out of my garage and found a heavy plastic bin. On top was packed some old t-shirts and socks, underneath were two boxes, one with black powder supplies including a large box of .44 caliber lead balls. The other box was full of 7.62x39, 7.62x25, 9mm Mak rounds and 4 boxes of .38 Special wadcutters. There were even some loose 12 gauge shells. I had completely forgotten all about that not to mention I had sold my .38 back in 2013.
So now I have 4 boxes of 38 ammo to get rid of and no I'm not going to buy a 38 just because I have ammo for it unless I can get a great one for under $200..........

Just make your own device. It'll be more fun.

Actually the "old ones" were worse than todays models though I've seen a Model 85 out of time new in the box.

The only Taurus handguns I'm OK with are the P92/99 and the PT-1911 series. Lots of value with both series. I really don't know much about the "plastic" models they have come out with in the past five years or so.

I use a Kimber .22 conversion kit on a Taurus frame (poor man's Ace). Never a minute's problem with it and the Kimber kits are notoriously finicky with a lot of frames. I tried using it on a Colt 80 series and a old Essex frame and it did not like them nary a bit.

View attachment 658078
I've seen Colts, Rugars and just about every manufactured guns out there have some that should have never made it through quality control. As for Kimbers they're just plain finicky, they have a lot of feed issues so I'd never own one. If I had the money I'd buy Wilson Combat but I'm happy with my RIA GI model and my Tisas Tanker (Commander) model.

I've seen Colts, Rugars and just about every manufactured guns out there have some that should have never made it through quality control. As for Kimbers they're just plain finicky, they have a lot of feed issues so I'd never own one. If I had the money I'd buy Wilson Combat but I'm happy with my RIA GI model and my Tisas Tanker (Commander) model.
All I know is that their revolvers are the most returned to the distributor ones out there. In fact some quit taking them back and required the shops to send them directly to Taurus if there was a issue. I can't say about the customer service.

But yeah I'd not own a Kimber either. Too many other M1911s that run just fine to mess with their quirks. I've seen Wilson Combats shit the bed too and "Oh it will smooth out after 500 rounds" is a non-starter to me.

I thought about buying a Tisas but I had too many M1911s at the time to justify it. I still might get one of their H-P clones if I happen across one used.

All I know is that their revolvers are the most returned to the distributor ones out there. In fact some quit taking them back and required the shops to send them directly to Taurus if there was a issue. I can't say about the customer service.

But yeah I'd not own a Kimber either. Too many other M1911s that run just fine to mess with their quirks. I've seen Wilson Combats shit the bed too and "Oh it will smooth out after 500 rounds" is a non-starter to me.

I thought about buying a Tisas but I had too many M1911s at the time to justify it. I still might get one of their H-P clones if I happen across one used.
The Tisas is an amazing 1911 for the price. The one Turkish 9 mil I own is the SAR9, that thing is awesome though ya have to run about a hundred 9 mil NATO rounds through it to get the recoil spring soft enough to run the standard 115 grain. It's literally an enhanced (improved) Glock slide on a H&K VP 9 lower, the best of both worlds.

This is my daily carry, my Dad's old Colt MK IV Series 80 Government Model .380, which I inherited when he passed:

9079128973_95bdd22dbc_o.jpg

Dad had the wood grips made for it, and I guess he discarded the originals.

It's nice and small, and with hollow points it packs a punch. Not as much as a 9mm or a .40 caliber, but you'll know you've been shot...

This is my daily carry, my Dad's old Colt MK IV Series 80 Government Model .380, which I inherited when he passed:

View attachment 658125

Dad had the wood grips made for it, and I guess he discarded the originals.

It's nice and small, and with hollow points it packs a punch. Not as much as a 9mm or a .40 caliber, but you'll know you've been shot...
Not to worry. I watched the latest James Bond movie the other night. Ole 007 was killing the bad guys 50 and 75 yrds away with his .380 PPK.

I got a new Taurus M85 in 1980. In double action, lucky if 2 out of 5 went off. They have gotten better and have a few of interest.

In before he posts a well used Taurus within the next couple of days.....That's about the only .38 special you might get for $200.00.

Speaking of 9mm Makarov I was digging around one day a year or so ago and found a bag full of East German Mak mags and a rain drop EG holster. I must have bought them sometime in the 90s when they were dirt cheap. I kept the holster, put a few mags back for my EG Mak so I would have eight for it and sold the rest.
Uhh, $200 is what I paid for a model 10-7 .38 Special.

In before he posts a well used Taurus within the next couple of days.....That's about the only .38 special you might get for $200.00.

Speaking of 9mm Makarov I was digging around one day a year or so ago and found a bag full of East German Mak mags and a rain drop EG holster. I must have bought them sometime in the 90s when they were dirt cheap. I kept the holster, put a few mags back for my EG Mak so I would have eight for it and sold the rest.
Well damn! The only 9mm ammo I've seen is what my friend's dad took from a German officer at Dachau and the Luger that officer had before he killed him, and Federal Champion ball ammo. The German stuff says "9mm Luger" on the purple box. All the rest is in German and I'm American. Us kids shot it back in the woods and he let us..but that Luger jammed a lot with that ammo. We had more fun with my .22 and shotgun.

New Topics

Forum List

Back