Just finished "Hammer of the Gods"

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I got to see Zep perform live a few times and they were the most awesome shows ever. I loved the music from my first exposure to them. LZII might have been the first album I ever bought.

I was amazed at the audacity of Robert Plant, that he could sing convincingly like he had such hard luck and trouble like an American black blues singer. Then I found out that he actually left home when he was 16 rather than face life as an accountant per his fathers demands. No money, no job, no other family to live with, he just left and said that he'd rather try his best and die along the roadside than live a life he knew wasn't his.

Pagey was afraid of flying, had stage fright was sickly and developed a major heroin addiction.

You think that you succeed in life like that and all your problems go away, but that's not how it works. We all get challenged, all the time. and that's why would should not covet your neighbors life.

LOL The Plaster Casters

I got to see Zep perform live a few times and they were the most awesome shows ever. I loved the music from my first exposure to them. LZII might have been the first album I ever bought.

I was amazed at the audacity of Robert Plant, that he could sing convincingly like he had such hard luck and trouble like an American black blues singer. Then I found out that he actually left home when he was 16 rather than face life as an accountant per his fathers demands. No money, no job, no other family to live with, he just left and said that he'd rather try his best and die along the roadside than live a life he knew wasn't his.

Pagey was afraid of flying, had stage fright was sickly and developed a major heroin addiction.

You think that you succeed in life like that and all your problems go away, but that's not how it works. We all get challenged, all the time. and that's why would should not covet your neighbors life.

LOL The Plaster Casters

Zep was arguably the greatest rock band of all time. I saw them live in '75 and have most of their albums. I thought their live performance was just okay, but maybe because we expected so much it was impossible for them to meet expectations.

I have not read the book, but many including the three surviving band members have asserted the author is a liar.

Forum List

Back