Just A Reminder That Barbara Lee Was Right About Afghanistan

"Just a few days after the attack on the U.S. on September 11, 2001, almost 20 years ago, a single voice in Congress warned against going to war in Afghanistan. Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Oakland casted the only vote against an open-ended war authorization for then-president George W Bush. Now, Lee is backing President Joe Biden's decision to pull U.S. forces out of Afghanistan. She said it's courageous to make such a difficult decision. Lee, like so many others said she is surprised by the speed that the Taliban has been able to sweep through Afghanistan. "This is something that unfortunately demonstrates that there's no military solutions to the problems in Afghanistan,” she said. She was also quick to defend President Biden from attacks being made by Republican leaders. Lee said Biden is simply carrying out a process former president Donald Trump started in his administration."

First, I believe we need to give more credit for the withdrawal to Trump and not let Biden take all of the credit for being the one "brave enough" to make such a hard decision....
View attachment 526470
But I do remember how demonized this woman was for voting against going into both Afghanistan and Iraq....I remember how anyone who opposed Bush and the so-called war on terror were called everything from terrorists to traitors -- so for anyone to stand up to all of that and not cower, that person deserves some credit...because nowadays, the same people who were gung ho for both of these wars now pretend they were against it all along....while still trying to point fingers at R's and D's as if one side has clean hands....fact of the matter is; no one will ever admit the role their political team played in this catastrophe as thousands upon thousands of people’s lives are reduced to fodder for the US political machine....There isn’t a single US president since this whole thing started whose hands aren’t bloodied.... Americans trying to make this a constant contest of Republicans v Democrats is part of the problem.
She was right once about 20 years ago, what a great track record.

when did i say anything about forever?

i don’t disagree with trump, but with conditions as he proposed.

by the way, we are still in Japan and Germany…how long has that war been over?

The Taliban was never going to honor any conditions. You don't even believe that.

Forum List

Back