Just A Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Having read your rules and trying to follow them leaves me with this question. One of the sites I use is another social media site but a limited one. It tracks Islamic terrorists all over the world. Some of the pictures I would like to use come from that site.

Now I know you want pictures credited AND no spamming. They WILL let me use the pictures with NO crediting. Can I post the pictures WITHOUT giving up the site?

Thank you
Fury

Are you talking about religionofpeace?

I use it.

I think the rules say you cannot link to another politics forum, where people can give commentary.

I often link to my own politics blog, which is not really open for commentary, and that is allowed. I often link because sometimes there is too much in the way of data tables to port over here.

But I think that is excellent that you are thoughtful enough to ask. Although we are likely to disagree about a number of things, I want to praise you for this.

Let's see what the admin says. You may need to send them the links and let them decide, but again, I have already linked many times to religionofpeace.

-Stat

Having just read the rules for other things, it actually says "may not link to another discussion site."

If inserting an image via the IMG codes, the site isn't really being "linked to" so should be fine. Would say the intent of that rule is so no one's saying Site B is better than Site A and such thus resulting in competition and in effect free advertising for the other site here.

• Banned
Are you talking about religionofpeace?

I use it.

I think the rules say you cannot link to another politics forum, where people can give commentary.

I often link to my own politics blog, which is not really open for commentary, and that is allowed. I often link because sometimes there is too much in the way of data tables to port over here.

But I think that is excellent that you are thoughtful enough to ask. Although we are likely to disagree about a number of things, I want to praise you for this.

Let's see what the admin says. You may need to send them the links and let them decide, but again, I have already linked many times to religionofpeace.

-Stat
It's an islamic tracking site and that is all it does. Greet/Geller/Wild Bill all post there along with Russians/Swiss and just about every country in the world.

The rules against posting links to other message boards are based in the fact that this site is a business, and we don't as a rule allow our competitors free advertising on our dime.

Please message me the site you're looking to link to, and I'll let you know how to handle the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back