Just a clump of cells

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I'm going to be flatly blunt. The pro-Abortion crowd is dead wrong about human biology. A human is a human inside the womb and out. This video is proof of such. This is the unborn child of a French couple who watch in amazement at the vigorous movement of the baby in the womb. To say the child isn't viable while in the womb is wrong, simply put. To say the child is not a real person until after birth is also wrong, this one seems real enough to me.

I'm going to be flatly blunt. The pro-Abortion crowd is dead wrong about human biology. A human is a human inside the womb and out. This video is proof of such. This is the unborn child of a French couple who watch in amazement at the vigorous movement of the baby in the womb. To say the child isn't viable while in the womb is wrong, simply put. To say the child is not a real person until after birth is also wrong, this one seems real enough to me.

Timing is everything in this case. A pan of batter isn't a cake. It needs time and heat. Same with a human.

And that neonate is ready to pop. Find out why I called it that.

Dude. You can't go the science route with these people. They don't give a shit about science. They give a shit about what their ideology and peers say is ethical and taking the position most likely to earn them praise from their peers. You have to appeal to their own values if you want to reach them at all. Anything else is going to provoke a sneering contest at best.

Dude. You can't go the science route with these people. They don't give a shit about science. They give a shit about what their ideology and peers say is ethical and taking the position most likely to earn them praise from their peers. You have to appeal to their own values if you want to reach them at all. Anything else is going to provoke a sneering contest at best.
Science don't support anti-abortion people. Their arguments are based on emotion, not reason or science, just like the OP who screams look, look...

Timing is everything in this case. A pan of batter isn't a cake. It needs time and heat. Same with a human.

Batter doesn't move, batter isn't sentient. You know you're making a cake when you mix the batter.

Your analogy is flawed.

It doesn't matter if one considers a fetus a clump of cells or a viable human infant as of yet to be birthed.

How do you rationally or ethically enforce laws the subjugate a woman's right to control her body? Abortion will happen either legally and as safely as medical practices can make it, or illegally and unsafely. Do you suggest that we strap women into beds in facilities if they maybe harbor thoughts of abortion? Put women in jail for aborting or attempting to abort? Jailing abortion doctors? It ain't gonna happen. A fertus doesn't have any legal rights and voters even in the most conservative states haven't supported measures to extend rights to the unborn.

The SCOTUS ruled on this issue 41 years ago. The fight is over. Don't like abortion? Don't get one.

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion. Decided simultaneously with a companion case, Doe v. Bolton, the Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that this right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests in regulating abortions: protecting prenatal life and protecting women's health. Arguing that these state interests became stronger over the course of a pregnancy, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the third trimester of pregnancy.

The Court later rejected Roe 's trimester framework, while affirming Roe 's central holding that a person has a right to abortion until viability.[1] The Roedecision defined "viable" as being "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid", adding that viability "is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[2]

Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Batter doesn't move, batter isn't sentient. You know you're making a cake when you mix the batter.

Your analogy is flawed.

No, it isn't. We call batter batter and cake cake because they differ from each other, greatly. An embryo is not a fetus, a fetus is not a neonate, and a neonate is not an infant.

Last edited:
Their arguments are based on emotion, not reason or science,

(Snort)

You're one to talk.
Yes, I am, because anti-abortion people cannot make rational arguments.

Really? Seems to me all you have is that slogan.
Nope. And nobody with knowledge uses it even though in the very beginning that is what a potential human is, a clump of cells. You need time and a lot of luck to make it into the circus called life.

Your analogy is flawed.

No, it isn't. We call batter batter and cake cake because they differ from each other, greatly. A embryo is not a fetus, fetus is not a neonate, and a neonate is not an infant.

So, what does the baby belong to? Who created it? Who is the progenitor? The moment the fetus takes on the form of a human child, it belongs to the human species and therefore it is human. Sorry.

(Snort)

You're one to talk.

Nope. And nobody with knowledge uses it even though in the very beginning that is what a potential human is, a clump of cells. You need time a lot of luck to make it into the circus called life.

"Potential human."

Is that science or you talking?

"You need a time [and] a lot of luck to make it into the circus called life"

That is provided you don't get aborted halfway to the circus. This is quite ironic coming from you.

Your analogy is flawed.

No, it isn't. We call batter batter and cake cake because they differ from each other, greatly. A embryo is not a fetus, fetus is not a neonate, and a neonate is not an infant.

So, what does the baby belong to? Who created it? Who is the progenitor? The moment the fetus takes on the form of a human child, it belongs to the human species and therefore it is human. Sorry.

And off he goes, spouting emotions not rational arguments.

(Snort)

You're one to talk.

Nope. And nobody with knowledge uses it even though in the very beginning that is what a potential human is, a clump of cells. You need time a lot of luck to make it into the circus called life.

"Potential human."
That is the science, yep.

Is that 1st trimester? Life shouldn't be so precious that a woman who is 1 week pregnant should be forced to give birth. Snip suck sorry.

It doesn't matter if one considers a fetus a clump of cells or a viable human infant as of yet to be birthed.

How do you rationally or ethically enforce laws the subjugate a woman's right to control her body? Abortion will happen either legally and as safely as medical practices can make it, or illegally and unsafely. Do you suggest that we strap women into beds in facilities if they maybe harbor thoughts of abortion? Put women in jail for aborting or attempting to abort? Jailing abortion doctors? It ain't gonna happen. A fertus doesn't have any legal rights and voters even in the most conservative states haven't supported measures to extend rights to the unborn.

The SCOTUS ruled on this issue 41 years ago. The fight is over. Don't like abortion? Don't get one.

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion. Decided simultaneously with a companion case, Doe v. Bolton, the Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that this right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests in regulating abortions: protecting prenatal life and protecting women's health. Arguing that these state interests became stronger over the course of a pregnancy, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the third trimester of pregnancy.

The Court later rejected Roe 's trimester framework, while affirming Roe 's central holding that a person has a right to abortion until viability.[1] The Roedecision defined "viable" as being "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid", adding that viability "is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[2]

Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
One of the main reasons women have abortions is money. If they make abortion illegal the rich who can afford it will still have access to abortion but the poor won't. Abortion is a necessary evil. A secular right in a free society.

Forum List

Back