Jussie Smollet Indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"

Those charges aren't worth the money it took to bring them. Maybe they should backcharge Smolette for all their legal expenses. If they don't, Smolette wins big even with a conviction.

Those charges aren't worth the money it took to bring them. Maybe they should backcharge Smolette for all their legal expenses. If they don't, Smolette wins big even with a conviction.

Here's the concern I have.

He insists on a Chicago Jury.

Then his lawyer gets up there and reminds EVERYONE that Jason van Dyke shot LaQuan McDonald 16 times and only got three years. They'll remind the jury of every bit of misconduct by the Chicago Police Department.

then they'll say, "Do you really believe anything these guys say, my brothers?"

A judge in August appointed Webb, a former U.S. attorney, as a special prosecutor to look into why the original charges were dropped. Webb also was looking into whether calls that Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx had with a Smollett relative and an ex-aide of former first lady Michelle Obama unduly influenced the decision to drop charges. Foxx recused herself from the case, but continued to weigh in.

Nothing to see here folks....

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

What he did was pretty serious in my opinion. Making false accusations to the police is no good. He ought to get a couple weeks in jail to admire himself in orange sweats and have some of the lovely food.
This has nothing to do with Trump, imo. Smollet really crapped the bed; he's a liar and a trouble maker and he can think of some better ways to get attention.

Your calling blind justice unfair?

Patrick W. O'Brien was a judge of the Cook County Circuit Court 1st Municipal District in Illinois.

O'Brien (Republican Party) is running for election for Cook County State's Attorney in Illinois. He is on the ballot in the Republican primary on March 17, 2020. (against Foxx-me)
Patrick O'Brien (Illinois) - Ballotpedia
-----------------------------------------
Also retired judge Sheila Obrien requested a special prosecutor to investigate the case of Smollett.
( if they are related its smells fishy, I infer they are somehow related)

Also Tramp knows Dan Webb , he asked him to lead his case against Mueller.

Its just 2 and 2 = 4, no matter how you try to have it not.

I think this is awesome publicity for DJT. Let's all talk about why Smellet had to do what he did and then lie to police. First, we need one of the best POTUS we've ever had to continue to drain the swamp. We need him to Make America Great Again and that's to get rid of Democrats and vote them out of office. In 2020, it's "Keep Making America Great Again!"

"Smollett told police he was walking home early on Jan. 29, 2019, when two masked men approached him, made racist and homophobic insults, beat him and looped a noose around his neck before fleeing. He said his assailants, at least one of whom he described as white, told him he was in “MAGA country” — a reference to President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

Read More
Jussie Smollett's Emails Must be Turned Over by Google, Judge Says

Several weeks later, authorities alleged that Smollett had paid two black friends $3,500 to help him stage the attack because he was unhappy with his salary as an actor on Empire, a Fox series about that follows a black family as they navigate the ups and downs of the recording industry. Smollett was accused of using the scheme to drum up publicity for his career.

A judge in August appointed Webb, a former U.S. attorney, to look into why the original charges were dropped. Webb also was investigating whether phone calls that Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx had with a Smollett relative and a former aide of former first lady Michelle Obama unduly influenced the decision to drop charges. Foxx recused herself from the case but continued to weigh in."

Emails and phone calls? Keep it going. Keep making America Great Again!
Jussie Smollett Faces 6 New Charges in Chicago

75593899_405478857005296_6792191664216604672_o.jpg

Imagine if someone like Tim Allen had staged being beaten by someone from Black Lives Matter and tried to say Obama words caused it and it was found out Allen lied, wasted government resources and made an ass out of himself my bet is you would have wanted Allen thrown under the jail...

But

With Smollett you believe this is all political and should be forgotten because hey it was just a black guy trying to pin a hate crime on Trump words...

Sorry but Smollett made his bed and should get six months County and hefty fine if possible...

He wasted police resources by staging a hate crime. Now I'll leave it to a court to decide his fate but what reason do you have that he shouldn't face the consequences of his actions and why should he be exempt? With all the information that we currently have I can't conclude at all why he should be allowed to walk away with no more than a slap on the wrist at most.

And their is still the matter of the threatenting letter being sent through the mail. That by itself is a felony. Now I don't believe it's been proven yet that that was him but if it does come out that he did, he has no leg to stand on. We already have proof and receipts of a premeditated staged hate crime, the letter would just be the nail in the coffin.

"First time offender" means different things for different people. Take a look at Baloon Boys parents and what happened to them.

He deserves the same penalty that his false claims would have carried if true

meaning if someone could be put in jail for 5 years thats how long smollett should go away for

What he did was pretty serious in my opinion. Making false accusations to the police is no good. He ought to get a couple weeks in jail to admire himself in orange sweats and have some of the lovely food.
This has nothing to do with Trump, imo. Smollet really crapped the bed; he's a liar and a trouble maker and he can think of some better ways to get attention.
If Felicity Huffman ends up having to do eleven days for coming clean from the very beginning about what she is guilty of, there most definitely had better be a longer sentence for Jussie.

God bless you and Felicity always!!!

Holly

Just like Obama, now Smollett is tarred and feathered.

What about the other 2 men, the brothers?

Forum List

Back