Juror in Chauvin Trial Makes Stunning Admission over ‘Guilty’ Verdict

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
‘I Didn’t Want to Go Through the Rioting’:
'I Didn't Want to Go Through the Rioting': Juror in Chauvin Trial Makes Stunning Admission over 'Guilty' Verdict - Becker News
23 Apr 2021 ~~ By Kyle Becker

On Tuesday, a jury found Derek Chauvin guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in a case that had sparked nationwide riots: The death of George Floyd.
During the course of the trial, Judge Peter Cahill mentioned that the court case was getting dangerously close to mistrial. A new interview with an alternate juror named Lisa Christensen, who lives in Brooklyn Center, provides new insight into the courtroom dynamics.
“I just had a fascinating sit-down interview with one of the alternate jurors in the Derek Chauvin trial,” Kare 11 reporter Lou Raguse said Thursday on Twitter.
“Lisa Christensen was the juror who lived in Brooklyn Center. One night she could hardly make it home after testimony ended because of protesters blocking intersections.”
“She went home every night and took additional notes about how each witness,” he continued. “When he turned and said, Number 96, you’re an alternate, yeah, my heart broke a little bit.”
Here is the part where we begin to get a better picture of the immense pressure these jurors were under to deliver a “guilty” verdict.
“This was shocking to me, but Christensen told me she and the other jurors didn’t even share their real names and occupations with each other,” Raguse said. “Just called each other by juror number. Got along but mostly made small talk. Concerned about saying ‘too much.'”
Christenson outright admitted that jury intimidation played a major part in the trial.
Before the ‘guilty’ verdicts were rendered in the case, major Democratic politicians stated that the “right” decision would be a guilty verdict.

Comment:
There you go. There is now concrete evidence that if one Juror states they were intimidates, surely others felt the same way. They were all intimidated by the mob.. A decent lawyer could make the case for a mistrial.
Well, Ms. Lisa Christensen just went from the frying pan into the fire. Her statement lays the grounds for a mistrial, and she is going to have to reveal which juror made that statement. Whether she identifies that person or not, it isn't going to stop people from coming to her house. They are NOT going to let her live in peace now that she can identify the person who may cause this case to be thrown out, or be retried.
Minnesota's AG Keith Ellison is going to have a hard time stopping this.

‘I Didn’t Want to Go Through the Rioting’:
'I Didn't Want to Go Through the Rioting': Juror in Chauvin Trial Makes Stunning Admission over 'Guilty' Verdict - Becker News
23 Apr 2021 ~~ By Kyle Becker

On Tuesday, a jury found Derek Chauvin guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in a case that had sparked nationwide riots: The death of George Floyd.
During the course of the trial, Judge Peter Cahill mentioned that the court case was getting dangerously close to mistrial. A new interview with an alternate juror named Lisa Christensen, who lives in Brooklyn Center, provides new insight into the courtroom dynamics.
“I just had a fascinating sit-down interview with one of the alternate jurors in the Derek Chauvin trial,” Kare 11 reporter Lou Raguse said Thursday on Twitter.
“Lisa Christensen was the juror who lived in Brooklyn Center. One night she could hardly make it home after testimony ended because of protesters blocking intersections.”
“She went home every night and took additional notes about how each witness,” he continued. “When he turned and said, Number 96, you’re an alternate, yeah, my heart broke a little bit.”
Here is the part where we begin to get a better picture of the immense pressure these jurors were under to deliver a “guilty” verdict.
“This was shocking to me, but Christensen told me she and the other jurors didn’t even share their real names and occupations with each other,” Raguse said. “Just called each other by juror number. Got along but mostly made small talk. Concerned about saying ‘too much.'”
Christenson outright admitted that jury intimidation played a major part in the trial.
Before the ‘guilty’ verdicts were rendered in the case, major Democratic politicians stated that the “right” decision would be a guilty verdict.

Comment:
There you go. There is now concrete evidence that if one Juror states they were intimidates, surely others felt the same way. They were all intimidated by the mob.. A decent lawyer could make the case for a mistrial.
Well, Ms. Lisa Christensen just went from the frying pan into the fire. Her statement lays the grounds for a mistrial, and she is going to have to reveal which juror made that statement. Whether she identifies that person or not, it isn't going to stop people from coming to her house. They are NOT going to let her live in peace now that she can identify the person who may cause this case to be thrown out, or be retried.
Minnesota's AG Keith Ellison is going to have a hard time stopping this.

18 U.S. Code § 1503 - Influencing or injuring officer or juror generally. The attempt to sway the jury is enough. The Federal law on jury tampering does not require such proof. Waters attempt to influence the jury is itself illegal. Since Waters crossed state lines to do it, the Federal law applies.

Great to see a verification of what most of us knew already......this travesty of a verdict must be overthrown.

Great to see a verification of what most of us knew already......this travesty of a verdict must be overthrown.
I think he's guilty but, as my teachers and parents taught me 60 years ago, better that a hundred guilty men go free than for a single innocent man get locked up. The evidence is simply too strong that the jury was intimidated and that the risk of rioting impacted their decision. There has to be a trial but I don't think he can get a fair trial anywhere in the United States.

The idiots in the press need to realize that when they try to extract justice on CNN or MSNBC, they spoil the chance for true justice. Chauvin walking would be a consequence of the out-of-control press.

Forum List

Back