June has the most heat of any month

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
June has the most heat because the Suns arch is the most north is the sky . At its biggest angle

July /August has the highest temperatures only because it takes a few months of lag time to release the excessive heat from the ground into the air

Heat is the sum kinetic energy of every molecule while temp is the avg vibration

June has the most heat because the Suns arch is the most north is the sky . At its biggest angle

July /August has the highest temperatures only because it takes a few months of lag time to release the excessive heat from the ground into the air
I recall hearing that from a meteorologist many years ago. On the gulf coast, hurricanes are always a possibility but they come strongest in late August, mid-September, usually. He said the water that fuels them has the heat build-up by the first day of summer - around June 20-21 most years.

ESDRAELON
Yes the oceans can only retain that heat for so long . It releases it in September and you get extra heat energy in the air that causes unstable conditions in the air

All I know is that I have played one hell of a lot of golf the 5 past Winters.

So I hope the planet fries more so Golf will be near year round

as far as the rest of you, Toof Kashinska...( Tough Shit in some other language)

Here is a little truth.

The earth has been warmer than it is now. That has led to unbelievable plant growth.

I know that the Oceans give up their heat every single day. To say that they only give it up in September, October, and November is clearly a failure of understanding.

The Oceans will give up their heat at a specific rate. When that rate is slower than the absorption of solar energy, they get warmer. But they give up their heat ALL FUCKING YEAR long.

Mankind benefits from a warmer climate and with 8+ billion people who need to be fed, a warmer climate is a good thing.

Finally. MANKIND is not causing global warming. Only a fucked in the head moron thinks so.

June has the most heat because the Suns arch is the most north is the sky . At its biggest angle July /August has the highest temperatures only because it takes a few months of lag time to release the excessive heat from the ground into the air

It's called Thermodynamic Hysteresis. There is always a time lag between putting more energy into a system and it overcoming its own inertia to begin responding to the added energy with increased motion.

The planet as a whole or the Northern or the Southern Hemisphere?

It's called Thermodynamic Hysteresis. There is always a time lag between putting more energy into a system and it overcoming its own inertia to begin responding to the added energy with increased motion.

I'm sorry, but no....... That's not right. I can't parse that out for nothing.

Where are you getting this "Thermodynamic Hysteresis" from? There is hysteresis in the phase transition of thermodynamic systems. That is, the phase change of water, going from solid to liquid or liquid to solid, has a hysteresis.

When a mass collides with another mass, there is no time delay between the addition of energy and the change in motion. That's because energy is the motion. It isn't something in and of itself. Energy isn't a "thing", it is a property. Inertia doesn't mean that a mass is hit by another mass and then there is a time delay before the first mass starts moving faster. On impact, for an ideally elastic collision, energy transfer is instantaneous as each mass changes velocity instantaneously, at the same moment.

For ideal gasses, liquids, typical thermodynamics systems, there are millions of little masses, atoms and molecules. Every impact between any two particles instantaneously transfers energy from one particle to the other. There is no time delay.

Where are you getting this "Thermodynamic Hysteresis" from? There is hysteresis in the phase transition of thermodynamic systems.
Thanks, professor. it isn't thermodynamic hysteresis, it is just hysteresis of thermodynamic systems! Got it.

How is that treatment for Aspergers working out for you?

There is no time delay.
Obviously there is, that is the basic idea behind hysteresis and why the hottest month of the year is August for the Temperate North and not June when we are at perihelion.

Forum List

Back