Judicial Watch Releases Special Report: "The Rebranding of ACORN"

Intense

Aug 2, 2009
WASHINGTON, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Scandal-Ridden Activist Group Lives on in the Form of "Bullet Proof Community-Organizing Frankensteins" Created Across the Country

Judicial Watch, the public interest organization that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released "The Rebranding of ACORN," a special report on the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) network, following an extensive investigation of the organization's transformation into various "spinoffs" and affiliated organizations.

The ACORN-affiliated groups existing today are ACORN in all but name. These groups tend to occupy ACORN's former offices, are staffed in many cases with former ACORN employees, and remain committed to ACORN's mission. Overall, Judicial Watch has documented 17 ACORN-affiliated organizations in the following states/regions: Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, New England, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington.

Among the conclusions of Judicial Watch's special report:

ACORN lives on in the form of numerous state entities and in such affiliated organizations as Affordable Housing Centers of America (AHCOA), The Advance Group, The Black Institute, and Project Vote. In the words of Bertha Lewis, former chief executive officer of ACORN, "... these entities are carrying on ACORN's work of organizing low- and moderate-income folks... [We have created] bullet-proof community-organizing Frankensteins that they're going to have a very hard time attacking."

Tens of millions of dollars in ACORN's funds and other assets are still unaccounted for. The attorney general's office for the state of Louisiana and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, as well as Judicial Watch, continue to investigate what happened to these missing resources.

Judicial Watch discovered that the Obama administration continues to bankroll ACORN and its affiliates in defiance of the federal government's funding ban. For example, on March 1, 2011, ACORN Housing Corporation--renamed Affordable Housing Centers of America (though it retained the same headquarters and many of the ACORN officers)--received a $79,819 grant from the Obama Department of Housing and Development (HUD).

Judicial Watch Releases Special Report: "The Rebranding of ACORN" - MarketWatch

It is like trying to stop a Federally Funded Virus from Killing the Host. The Host is the Republic. The Cost of repairing the damage done here? The Obama Administration appears to have a very serious Ethics Issue. These Clowns are gearing up for 2012 now. We do not appear to have any support from the Authorities. Why is that again?

Last edited:
"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

" If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

"Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."

-George Orwell

George Orwell Quotes - Quotes by the famous author George Orwell

The extent that you guys just simply don't understand how things work boggles the mind. This vision of ACORN as the boogeyman is hilarious to me.

Meanwhile Obama has his underlings float the idea of suspending elections for a "few years".

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

How is the governor of NC Obama's "underling"?

You guys connect dots that simply don't exist.

The extent that you guys just simply don't understand how things work boggles the mind. This vision of ACORN as the boogeyman is hilarious to me.

I'm thinking Miss-appropriation of Federal Funds, Tampering with the Voter Registration Process, Fraud. ID Fraud. Who do you think pays to have the messes these clowns make, get straightened out??? Put the Damn Voter Registration Forms in the DMV's, the Post Offices, the Welfare Offices, the Banks. What kind of Bullshit are you shoveling?

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

" If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

"Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."

-George Orwell

George Orwell Quotes - Quotes by the famous author George Orwell
He who controls the definition of words wins the debate.

Tell us why so many of them have been caught on the wrong side of the LAW? A skunk called a rose is a lie.

Nationwide, ACORN had thousands of staff.

There have been 5 or 6 that have been caught "on the wrong side of the law".

I think that's a better ratio than most police departments.

I'm thinking Miss-appropriation of Federal Funds, Tampering with the Voter Registration Process, Fraud. ID Fraud. Who do you think pays to have the messes these clowns make, get straightened out??? Put the Damn Voter Registration Forms in the DMV's, the Post Offices, the Welfare Offices, the Banks. What kind of Bullshit are you shoveling?
These people would have to prove whom they are. Many I bet have warrants and don't wish to unmask themselves.

I'm thinking Miss-appropriation of Federal Funds
How so? Link?
Tampering with the Voter Registration Process
There's no law that defines "Tampering with the Registration Process".
How so? Link?
ID Fraud.
What is "ID Fraud"? Link?
Who do you think pays to have the messes these clowns make, get straightened out???
What "mess" had to get "straightened out"?
Put the Damn Voter Registration Forms in the DMV's, the Post Offices, the Welfare Offices, the Banks. What kind of Bullshit are you shoveling?
No matter how much you wish for it, door-to-door voter registration isn't illegal, and never will be.

Guess what dupes? All those scandals amounted to a hill of beans, and you're brainwashed racist ? morons...LOL!

You are a waste of band-width. Grow up and try harder. Remember to Vote each Category only once per Election. That's not too demanding, is it. Try not to poke anything out or electrocute yourself in the Ballot Booth. ;) I'm concerned about you.

Meanwhile Obama has his underlings float the idea of suspending elections for a "few years".

He is the top dog in the Demoncat party.... like it or not :cool:

He is the top dog in the Demoncat party.... like it or not :cool:

That's what you're going to go with? Every Democrat is now Obama's "underling", and anything anyone does is Obama's fault?

Forum List

Back