Judge tosses Trump suit over New York tax returns, without prejudice.

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I see the last thread on this ended in the Badlands...perhaps this one can remain civil enough to remain?
Vain hope,,,I know...LoL!

So...dismissed without prejudice-basically no ruling on the meat of the matter..Trump can, and no doubt will, refile....

Judge tosses Trump suit over New York tax returns, rejects conspiracy claim

"A federal judge on Monday dismissed President Donald Trump's lawsuit to prevent the House Ways and Means Committee from utilizing a recently passed New York law providing the panel an avenue to pursue his state tax returns.
Judge Carl Nichols of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that his court was not the proper jurisdiction to sue the New York officials named in the lawsuit, leaving open the option that Trump do so in the Empire State.
In his lawsuit, Trump sued to preemptively block the House Ways and Means Committee from requesting the returns, New York Attorney General Letitia James from enforcing the law, and to stop the New York Department of Taxation from furnishing the documents. Trump argued his lawsuit was necessary to prevent his state returns from being disclosed to Congress before a court could hear his opposition.
The House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., has not requested Trump's state returns through the new New York law.
"Based on the current allegations, Mr. Trump has not met his burden of establishing personal jurisdiction over either of the New York Defendants," Nichols, a Trump appointee, wrote. "The Court therefore need not reach the question of proper venue. Accordingly, the New York Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is granted, and Mr. Trump’s Amended Complaint is dismissed without prejudice as to them."

I see the last thread on this ended in the Badlands...perhaps this one can remain civil enough to remain?

So...dismissed without prejudice-basically no ruling on the meat of the matter..Trump can, and no doubt will, refile....

"A federal judge on Monday dismissed President Donald Trump's lawsuit to prevent the House Ways and Means Committee from utilizing a recently passed New York law providing the panel an avenue to pursue his state tax returns.
Judge Carl Nichols of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that his court was not the proper jurisdiction to sue the New York officials named in the lawsuit, leaving open the option that Trump do so in the Empire State.
In his lawsuit, Trump sued to preemptively block the House Ways and Means Committee from requesting the returns, New York Attorney General Letitia James from enforcing the law, and to stop the New York Department of Taxation from furnishing the documents. Trump argued his lawsuit was necessary to prevent his state returns from being disclosed to Congress before a court could hear his opposition.
The House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., has not requested Trump's state returns through the new New York law.
"Based on the current allegations, Mr. Trump has not met his burden of establishing personal jurisdiction over either of the New York Defendants," Nichols, a Trump appointee, wrote. "The Court therefore need not reach the question of proper venue. Accordingly, the New York Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is granted, and Mr. Trump’s Amended Complaint is dismissed without prejudice as to them."

The judge basically said trump filed it in the wrong court.

Which the judge is correct. This is a state matter. Not federal.

trump took it to federal court because he believed that he would get the ruling he wanted. He knows he won't get the ruling he wants in NY state court. Plus an effort to run out the clock before 2020.

So he will have to start over in state court which will take more time. However I doubt that it's long enough to run that clock out.

His taxes will be released. It's just a matter of time.

I bet there is no there there-like before and again, like before and again, like before and again, like before and again, like before and again, like before and again,like before and again,like before and again,like before and again,like before and again,like before and again,-get it?

I don't get it very well.

The tax return documents of president Trump are required to be open, for what?

What is the judicial case in progress which requires such action to be enforced by the court?

Is this about a new rule in New York which applies to everybody in that State? If yes, why such a rule came to be? What is the benefit for the People of New York if the president Trump or someone else, by mandate, must show his tax returns?

My tax returns are asked when I apply for a bank loan, so this step is not optional in several cases, it is required for financial business. But why the State of New York wants to check the tax return of president Trump?

To me it appears the motive of asking president Trump for those documents is malicious and that someone is abusing the power of that State in order to harm not only the president but also other individuals and business in New York.

Politics still is not "my thing", but so far is not looking good from my point of view.

No President has ever been so stalked by the opposition party in the History of this nation that wasn't at war.

The people who want his tax returns are damned liars, haters, and the worst sports in the world. They're led by Hillary Clinton's self-defeating run for president in which she felt (and her followers too) that she was ENTITLED to the presidency in spite of her entitlement to lie to the grand jury that she couldn't remember if she broke the law in the Whitewater case, and she just couldn't remember to say anything except "I forget."

What a lollipop.

What is the judicial case in progress which requires such action to be enforced by the court?

Is this about a new rule in New York which applies to everybody in that State? If yes, why such a rule came to be? What is the benefit for the People of New York if the president Trump or someone else, by mandate, must show his tax returns?

My tax returns are asked when I apply for a bank loan, so this step is not optional in several cases, it is required for financial business. But why the State of New York wants to check the tax return of president Trump?

To me it appears the motive of asking president Trump for those documents is malicious and that someone is abusing the power of that State in order to harm not only the president but also other individuals and business in New York.

Politics still is not "my thing", but so far is not looking good from my point of view.
The stated reasons by SDNY hacks is that they are investigating Trump's payments to Stormy Daniels and the playboy model.

I have asked the board Dimwingers to explain WTF SDNY needs his tax returns from 8 years ago to investigate NDAs made in 2016 for, and have yet to get an answer. Perhaps one of these judges needs to ask that question of SDNY.

And this is how most Americans view it.. as a bad Joke..

Democrats cant see how this is going to impact them now, but they will soon..

Democrats change the laws to whatever they want. The judge dismissed with instructions. Trump will ultimately prevail.

The stated reasons by SDNY hacks is that they are investigating Trump's payments to Stormy Daniels and the playboy model.

I have asked the board Dimwingers to explain WTF SDNY needs his tax returns from 8 years ago to investigate NDAs made in 2016 for, and have yet to get an answer. Perhaps one of these judges needs to ask that question of SDNY.
Actually..no..that's another case! I don't blame you for confusing the two...as it seems the suits and counter-suits about taxes are fast and furious..this case..was about the House Ways and Means committee demanding Trump's tax return via supeana...the suit is asking that the New York tax board be restrained from giving the tax returns to Congress. At issue is a new law passed...basically targeting Trump and trying to force the release of the returns.

They want the documents for their investigations into trump's fraud, tax cheating and political campaign donations abuse.

It's been in the news since the 2018 when the new attorney general for the state was elected.

You might want to do a simple search to find out. Use keywords such as reason why NY state wants trump's taxes. I'm sure you'll get your answer if you read sites that aren't biased.

Only to end with pristine returns showing Trump's paid tens of millions to New York State

They reflexively hop on the flaming bags left out by Trump

Actually..no..that's another case! I don't blame you for confusing the two...as it seems the suits and counter-suits about taxes are fast and furious..this case..was about the House Ways and Means committee demanding Trump's tax return via supeana...the suit is asking that the New York tax board be restrained from giving the tax returns to Congress. At issue is a new law passed...basically targeting Trump and trying to force the release of the returns.

Even better. WTF does Jaba Nadless need to see Trump's tax returns for? He has no right to see them.

Democrats change the laws to whatever they want. The judge dismissed with instructions. Trump will ultimately prevail.
LOl!@ What, exactly is dismissed with instructions?? Never run into that one before. Dismissed without Prejudice--meaning Trump can refile. No instruction given..just a ruling of no Jurisdiction.

Exactly Right...

The Judge alluded to that as well when he allowed the returns to remain privileged until the appropriate court could rule.

The judge stated he could not ascertain the need and that need was outside of his purview.. Trump will win this but it will now work its way through state courts before reaching him again on appeal.

LOl!@ What, exactly is dismissed with instructions?? Never run into that one before. Dismissed without Prejudice--meaning Trump can refile. No instruction given..just a ruling of no Jurisdiction.
You may want to read the court order, in full, with the notations he attached in the court record..

Forum List

Back