Judge says, more kids, you go to jail

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Judge to deadbeat dad: If you have another kid, you?re going to jail « Hot Air

The ruling applies only if the deadbeat fails to pay what he owes. If he does, he can have all the kids he wants. But since he owes upwards of a hundred grand, I think “no more babies” is the realistic takeaway here.

The order actually came down more than a year ago. It’s in the news this week because the appeals court finally issued their decision on it. Upheld — on a technicality.

The decision, released Monday by the 9th District Court of Appeals, did not provide a legal explanation on whether Walther’s order was appropriate. Instead, two of the three judges on the panel wrote that without a copy of a pre-sentence report on Taylor completed by the county Adult Probation Department, they didn’t have enough information to examine the virtues of Walther’s order.

“Indeed, we have little to go on other than what the trial court said in its journal entries, which is itself limited,” Judge Carla Moore wrote in the majority decision. “We therefore have no choice in this case but to presume the regularity of the community control sanctions and to affirm.”…

Given his past failures to financially support his children, [the third judge] wrote that Walther’s order made sense.

“Where, as here, the defendant has demonstrated a long-term refusal to support multiple children by multiple women notwithstanding his ability to work and contribute something for their care, an anti-procreation condition is reasonably related to future criminality,” Carr wrote. “Taylor has here demonstrated that he is not inclined to support any of his children. There is no reason to believe that he would be inclined to support any future children.”

The Ohio Supreme Court overturned a similar order 10 years ago because it gave the deadbeat dad no means by which to have the order lifted. It was an unconditional ban. This new one is conditional, i.e. make the payments you owe and you can knock up whoever you like. In fact, it may be even more conditional than that. According to the judge, “The defendant is ordered to make all reasonable efforts to avoid impregnating a woman during the period control or until such time the defendant can prove to this court that he’s able to provide support for the children that he already has.” If he and his partner could somehow prove that they were using contraception, would that qualify as a “reasonable effort” even if she ended up pregnant?

But never mind that. What you want to know is whether this is constitutional. Answer: Maybe. The state can’t forcibly sterilize people to prevent them from procreating (anymore) but at least one state supreme court has upheld orders like Walther’s, penalizing people for having more kids if they haven’t provided for the ones they have already. That would be Wisconsin’s, in 2001:

More at the link.

And, more links:
Appeals court: Asim Taylor can?t have more children until he pays child support - Chronicle-Telegram
Ohio court upholds judge?s order barring deadbeat dad from fathering more kids
Standing up to deadbeat dads is standing up for your children - Los Angeles Single Parenting | Examiner.com

Whatcha think?

I wonder what this dead beat dad thinks ...

America?s Most Famous Deadbeat Dad Joe Walsh Given Pro-Family Award
joewalsh_youtube-250x246.jpg

“I am proud and honored to be recognized by the Family Research Council as the only member from Illinois with a 100 percent pro-family voting record,” Walsh said in a news release. “Defending American values have always been one of my top priorities, and this reward reaffirms my dedication to that fight.”
Read more at America?s Most Famous Deadbeat Dad Joe Walsh Given Pro-Family Award

I disagree with the ruling but it wouldn't be necessary if ghetto ******* would control themselves. In any event, the ghetto trash should be allowed to reproduce dozens of his type unfortunately.

Here's one of the cases that always disgusted me:

Deadbeat Dad with 25 Kids with 18 Women Poses on Facebook with Stack of $100 Bills

Here’s a question to ponder: If a man has 25 kids with 18 different women and isn’t paying child support on hardly any of them, should that man be allowed to keep having kids? A conservative might say “no way,” and be accused of racist oppression. A liberal might say “absolutely not” and be accused of letting a dead beat off the hook.

Terry Turnage, a man with more kids than he could afford in a million lifetimes, was back in court to be scolded by a judge who should probably be getting him tested for STDs and s*x addiction. Turnage was asked about his 25 bundles of joy by a reporter, who couldn’t understand why he wasn’t paying for hardly any of them.

“How come you are not paying your child support? Can you answer that? “ asked Reporter Sabrina Hall.

The man had no answer to the question.

“Last time I went to juvenile court trying to see how come the payments are so low, the number was at twenty five,” said one of the man’s many former love interests. The man hasn’t been paying hardly anything to the women he’s slept with, and it’s hard to figure out who the bigger fool was in these little interludes: The man who made the babies or the women who chose to lie down with him.

“What were you getting?“ asked Hall.

“Five dollars ,” said Tara Smith.

“I only got six dollars, nine dollars,” said LaToya Shieds.

“A dollar and 26 cents,” said Carrie.

The women said that as their child support payments shut down, they all saw a picture of their lovely baby daddy posing on Facebook with a stack of $100 bills.

“The last time I saw him he was in a BMW,” said Smith.

“Yes, a lot of nice cars, different properties,” said Carrie.

When Turnage came to court, he pretended not to have any money at all. He was in court for a suspended drivers license.

“You’ve got no income,” said the judge.

“No sir,” said Turnage.

The courts say that the man owes $27,000 to one woman and another $36,000 to another. His 15-year old son says that the only thing he remembers about his father was that he drove by.

“What do you remember?” asked Hall.

“That he drove by,” said Deandre.

“He just drove by? And said hello?”

“He just blew the horn, I guess ,” said Deandre.

“And you still remember that all these years later?” asked Hall.
“Yeah.”

Let’s be glad that all black fathers don’t follow this model. This is just trifling.

Deadbeat Dad with 25 Kids with 18 Women Poses on Facebook with Stack of $100 Bills | Naturally Moi

Forum List

Back