Judge orders sperm donor to pay child support

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
HARRISBURG, Pa. A court ruling in Pennsylvania could cause potential sperm and egg donors to have second thoughts.

The Pennsylvania Superior Court has ordered a sperm donor to pay child support for twin boys born nearly ten years ago.

In its ruling, the court invalidated a verbal agreement apparently reached between the woman and the male sperm donor, saying it had to act in the best interests of the children.

An attorney for the sperm donor says he may appeal.

An ethicist at the University of Pennsylvania says any sperm donor needs to understand "that their identity could be made known to any child that's produced."

The California Cryobank says as many as 200-thousand artificial inseminations are performed every year in the United States.
http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=2083161

dilloduck said:
I'm grabbin your sperm and make you pay in monthly installments for 18 yrs you you you MAN you !!! :poop: :poop: :poop:

I'm lookin' but don't think I have sperm.... :shocked:

dilloduck said:
*smack* you're supposed to take it from a man silly !

( your gonna get booted outta NOW) :dev2:

Damn, ya saying I have ta ban myself? Not gonna! Gowin to dinner!

dilloduck said:
:) The vast female conspiracy to grab power scores another victory !
I don't think this is a very good case for deciding either way about child support from sperm donors. Unlike a scenario wherein someone goes to a sperm bank and donates sperm and some unknown, anonymous woman gets it, these two people screwed around and then he agreed to father her child.

That they had an oral agreement that his responsibilities therein ended was decided by the courts as the two people involved weren't smart enough to paper their agreement.

There hasn't been any vast female conspiracy...just two stupid horny idiots.

Moi said:
I don't think this is a very good case for deciding either way about child support from sperm donors. Unlike a scenario wherein someone goes to a sperm bank and donates sperm and some unknown, anonymous woman gets it, these two people screwed around and then he agreed to father her child.

That they had an oral agreement that his responsibilities therein ended was decided by the courts as the two people involved weren't smart enough to paper their agreement.

There hasn't been any vast female conspiracy...just two stupid horny idiots.

LOL I agree---females are much smarter than to try something this obvious. :cof:

Forum List

Back