judge moore brings his scope to the chris wallace show.

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
intrestingly fox, that makes it a political hot potato.
the threads about his defiance of the federal umbrella have been fascinatiing.

i'd like to know if the folks here think this will get bigger or smaller

The state of Alabama is caught in legal limbo, after local judges split this week over granting marriage licenses to same-sex couples. A U.S. District Judge overturned the state’s ban on same-sex marriage last month, allowing couples to receive licenses beginning Monday, but Alabama’s State Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore ordered local judges not to obey the ruling. Moore, who refused to remove a granite monument of the Ten Commandments from a state courthouse in 2003 after it was found unconstitutional, is no stranger to controversy. We’ll discuss the legal uncertainty in Alabama, which sets up a potential final ruling by the Supreme Court this summer, exclusively with Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore.

Gay people are already getting married in Alabama, this asshole is not even standing in the doorway of a single marriage license office. Hand it to Fox to continually give a soapbox to bigots.

Moore is only using this case to generate press for his campaign to be the next governor of Alabama.

“We’ll discuss the legal uncertainty in Alabama...”

Actually there is no 'legal uncertainty' in Alabama or anywhere else in the United States.

The law is accepted, settled, and clear: the rulings of Federal courts are binding on the states, binding on the officers of the states, and trump state and local measures determined to be repugnant to the Constitution.

“We’ll discuss the legal uncertainty in Alabama...”

Actually there is no 'legal uncertainty' in Alabama or anywhere else in the United States.

The law is accepted, settled, and clear: the rulings of Federal courts are binding on the states, binding on the officers of the states, and trump state and local measures determined to be repugnant to the Constitution.
Obviously you didn't comprehend the judge's replies. I would rather have had him interviewed by Scalia than Wallace.

Moore is only using this case to generate press for his campaign to be the next governor of Alabama.
think he'll make it ??
Yes. And the minute he takes office a myterious financial investigation will begin of him: The Falling Governors Disease.. Get Immunized Today US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is war biotches...it's on..

Your spokeswoman wanted a culture war. Be careful what you wish for. :popcorn:
Your Culture War consists of people driving their scooters around outside the state capitals with signs reading:

Keep your government hands off my Medicare *

* that paid for this scooter...

No, I think it was Rachael Maddow who championed the phrase "culture war", not me. The invasion was launched on the Rainbow side of the boundary, with a "take no prisoners" attitude. Our side is in defense posture now. We have to draw a line in the sand. Invasion without check needs to be reined in.

great interview.. moore was prepared...

Prepared for what? Wallace came off as more knowledgeable about the law than Moore did.

I'd like a nickel for every time a nutter with television exposure utters the words "this President". Fucking assholes are so upset that they can't even say the man's name.

Prepared for what? Wallace came off as more knowledgeable about the law than Moore did.

I'd like a nickel for every time a nutter with television exposure utters the words "this President". Fucking assholes are so upset that they can't even say the man's name.
The guy is a west pointer and a judge....and you...a left pointer and a fudge packer.

The guy is a west pointer and a judge....and you...a left pointer and a fudge packer.

Your attempts at humor are impressive. In the same way that a massive sinkhole is impressive.

Your attempts at humor are impressive. In the same way that a massive sinkhole is impressive.
Dare not reveal your resume...but then no one would believe you anyway.

No, I think it was Rachael Maddow who championed the phrase "culture war", not me. The invasion was launched on the Rainbow side of the boundary, with a "take no prisoners" attitude. Our side is in defense posture now. We have to draw a line in the sand. Invasion without check needs to be reined in.

Are you sure? Rachel Maddow is your lost sock drawer.....a person you attribute a lot of random shit without any particular source.

Forum List

Back