Judge in Derek Chauvin trial says Maxine Waters’ comments could lead to whole case ‘being overturned’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Judge in Derek Chauvin trial says Maxine Waters’ comments could lead to whole case ‘being overturned’
Judge in Chauvin trial says Waters' comments could lead to appeal (nypost.com)
19 Apr 2021 ~~ By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

The judge in Derek Chauvin’s murder trial slammed Rep. Maxine Waters’ call for protesters to “get confrontational” if the ex-cop is cleared in the death of George Floyd on Monday — saying it could lead to the whole case “being overturned.”
The stunning remarks came as the city of Minneapolis braces for unrest while the jury deliberates in the case.
Defense attorney Eric Nelson had urged Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill to declare a mistrial, arguing that “an elected official, US Congressperson” made statements that “I think are reasonably interpreted to be threats against the sanctity of the jury process” and had the effect of “threatening and intimidating the jury.”
~Snip~
“We’ve got to stay in the streets, and we’ve got to demand justice,” Waters, of California, told a crowd of demonstrators in Brooklyn Center on Sunday.
“I hope we get a verdict that says, guilty, guilty, guilty,” she said of the Chauvin trial. “And if we don’t, we cannot go away. We’ve got to stay on the street.”
“We get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational,” Waters added. “We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.”
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday that she didn’t believe Wanters needed to apologize for the controversial comments.
“Maxine talked about confrontation in the manner of the civil rights movement,” Pelosi said.
“I myself think we should take our lead from the George Floyd family,” she said. “They’ve handled this with great dignity and no ambiguity or lack of misinterpretation by the other side.”

Comment:
Matt Walsh made a good point today. Waters is calling for more confrontation (violence) if Chauvin isn’t convicted of 1st degree murder. But he isn’t charged with 1st degree murder.
So there is no way the mob can be satisfied, assuring increased violence. In fact, the mob shot and wounded two National Guardsmen a couple of hours after her seditious incitement.
Judge Peter Cahill should call for a mis-trial indicating Congress woman Maxine Waters as the instigator and obstructing the trial and jury tampering in the trial of Derek Chauvin.
unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

“No, no,” Pelosi added. “I don’t think she should apologize.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back