Judge dismisses Georgia lawsuit by transgender fire chief

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So, Fire Chief for a decade..everyone loves him, comes out as transgender, comes to work as a woman, and is fired?
I suspect that this isn't quite decided yet.

A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit by a transgender fire chief who led a rural Georgia city’s fire department for more than a decade, then got fired 18 months after first coming to work as a woman.
Douglas P. Fry holding a book shelf

U.S. District Court Judge Tilman E. Self III didn’t rule on the merits of Rachel Mosby’s discrimination claims. Instead, the judge decided Mosby had no legal standing to sue because of a technical flaw with the initial complaint she filed with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Mosby’s attorney, Kenneth Barton, said in a court filing Feb. 2 that he planned to appeal the judge’s dismissal.
City officials in Byron fired Mosby in June 2019, citing poor job performance. She filed suit last April, saying her termination was instead “based on her sex, gender identity, and notions of sex stereotyping.”
Mosby, who had led Byron’s fire department since 2008, said being fired not only cost her wages and financial benefits, but also tarnished her reputation.

So, Fire Chief for a decade..everyone loves him, comes out as transgender, comes to work as a woman, and is fired?

A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit by a transgender fire chief who led a rural Georgia city’s fire department for more than a decade, then got fired 18 months after first coming to work as a woman.

U.S. District Court Judge Tilman E. Self III didn’t rule on the merits of Rachel Mosby’s discrimination claims. Instead, the judge decided Mosby had no legal standing to sue because of a technical flaw with the initial complaint she filed with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Mosby’s attorney, Kenneth Barton, said in a court filing Feb. 2 that he planned to appeal the judge’s dismissal.
City officials in Byron fired Mosby in June 2019, citing poor job performance. She filed suit last April, saying her termination was instead “based on her sex, gender identity, and notions of sex stereotyping.”
Mosby, who had led Byron’s fire department since 2008, said being fired not only cost her wages and financial benefits, but also tarnished her reputation.

Sorry your suit was tossed.

No, not really.

wow the fire chief revealed that he is a democrat !

..same old dumbshit from the left/'''leftists''/fruitcakes/etc = they CAN'T do anything wrong----they CAN'T be evil.....they are PERFECT.........
..they never commit crime/etc

--you are NOT perfect---you can't be

Fire Chief is a pretty important position...I suspect taxpayers want to be sure that a completely sane person holds such a position?

Remember back when one had to look, act and speak like a decent and sane human being to stay employed?
Hmmm...things may be cycling back around huh?

Remember back when one had to look, act and speak like a decent and sane human being to stay employed?
and dress properly

..one time at our grocery store, one of the workers --a '''leftist''--- was talking on his phone--using the F word!!!!!!! for everyone to hear....
..so I told the manager ....I forgot what the manager said ...
...at the same store, a ''leftist'' video clerk was not friendly/not helpful/etc...so I told the manager I would not go there anymore for videos and he said I had to file a report to the main office...he really couldn't do anything because she was a certain color!!!!!!!

..one time at our grocery store, one of the workers --a '''leftist''--- was talking on his phone--using the F word!!!!!!! for everyone to hear....
..so I told the manager ....I forgot what the manager said ...
...at the same store, a ''leftist'' video clerk was not friendly/not helpful/etc...so I told the manager I would not go there anymore for videos and he said I had to file a report to the main office...he really couldn't do anything because she was a certain color!!!!!!!

Happens all the time.
Thanks to #MeToo and BLM neither myself or any employer I know will hire women or dark people anymore.
These dumbmotherfuckers are their own worse enemies, they can not get out of their own way.

Mosby, who had led Byron’s fire department since 2008, said being fired not only cost her [sic] wages and financial benefits, but also tarnished her [sic] reputation.

No, he did that to himself; by outing himself as a mentally-defective freak who is so f•••ed-up in the head that he doesn't know the difference between men and women, and is confused about which he is.

Do we really want someone that f•••ed up running a life-critical emergency service such as a fire department?

Fire Chief is a pretty important position...I suspect taxpayers want to be sure that a completely sane person holds such a position?

To be fair, few people, if any, are completely sane. But very, very, very few are that mentally f•••ed up. Not exactly someone on whose judgement we want to depend in matters that can result in people dying.

I will never condone such activity, but if a job performance doesn't change, that right there in my opinion should be what matters more, especially when there are those out there who don't hesitate to dump the work load on everyone else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back