Judge Andrew Napolitano Facebook Alert: Obamacare to Establish a 'Ready Reserve Corps

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
Pelosi was right. You have to pass the bill to know what's in it. Every week something new happens to demonstrate that Obama is trying to destroy America...and, except for the Tea Parties, nothing is done to stop him. What Napolitano has found is disturbing and calls for Obama's removal from office. This is tyranny if this para military private force is enacted. Read this. This went unnoticed in the Bill till now. From his facebook.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Obamacare to establish a "Ready Reserve Corps." | Facebook

Today at 8:16am

Section 5210 of HR 3590 the Obamacare Healthcare Reform Law: Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps.

In the healthcare debate during the last few months, the issue of creating a small armed force under the control of the President seems to have escaped notice. The legislation that creates this para-military force purports to pre-empt the authority of State governors to control their own National Guard, absent war, which the Constitution does not authorize.

Man, either these people don't do their research or they really play the wingnuts like a violin.

The phrase “is amended” should have alerted readers that this section already exists in law — and actually has existed for over 60 years. In 1964, Lyndon Johnson restructured the Ready Reserve Corps by executive order as a deployable response team reporting to the Surgeon General for disaster relief. Actually, that EO appears not to have created the RRC but merely to have codified its chain of command under the Surgeon General. According to Findlaw, the relevant statute creating the RRC originated in 1944, during World War II, and has been repeatedly modified since, reorganized in 1949, 1966, and 1993..

Last edited:
I used to do a lot of work on an Indian Reservation and got to know a doctor with the 'Indian Health Service'. He wore a Navy Uniform but worked at the hospital on the rez.
he told me that the Indian health Service was a division of the Public Health Service, and since then the name has been changed on the rez to the Public Health Service.
He also told me that when he completed his 'active enlistment', he would go on 'reserve' with the 'Ready Reserve Corps'.
When the Rodeo Chedesky Fire was going on, and 6 towns were evacuated, the Ready Reserve Corps were at the shelters. Among other things they delivered a baby, administered CPR to a heart attack victim, as well as administered first aid.
Isn't this the same Ready Reserve Corps as before? If so, It operated under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II. It probobly is older than that, but that is all the exposure I personally have with the Public Health Service.

I fail to see anything sinister in reorganizing the Ready Reserve Corps.

• Banned
I used to do a lot of work on an Indian Reservation and got to know a doctor with the 'Indian Health Service'. He wore a Navy Uniform but worked at the hospital on the rez.
he told me that the Indian health Service was a division of the Public Health Service, and since then the name has been changed on the rez to the Public Health Service.
He also told me that when he completed his 'active enlistment', he would go on 'reserve' with the 'Ready Reserve Corps'.
When the Rodeo Chedesky Fire was going on, and 6 towns were evacuated, the Ready Reserve Corps were at the shelters. Among other things they delivered a baby, administered CPR to a heart attack victim, as well as administered first aid.
Isn't this the same Ready Reserve Corps as before? If so, It operated under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II. It probobly is older than that, but that is all the exposure I personally have with the Public Health Service.

So what's the difference between this and FEMA?

The Ready Reserve Corps is a uniformed federal agency that provides medical services.
FEMA is a federal bureaucratic agency that is supposed to assess a situation and coordinate services.
I might be wrong but my understanding is that FEMA directs aid from federal, state and charitable agencies to places where emergencies dictate a need. The Ready Reserve Corps would then be one of those federal agencies that FEMA would direct to help.

You didn't really believe Terral's thread about FEMA death camps did you?

Man, either these people don't do their research or they really play the wingnuts like a violin.

The phrase “is amended” should have alerted readers that this section already exists in law — and actually has existed for over 60 years. In 1964, Lyndon Johnson restructured the Ready Reserve Corps by executive order as a deployable response team reporting to the Surgeon General for disaster relief. Actually, that EO appears not to have created the RRC but merely to have codified its chain of command under the Surgeon General. According to Findlaw, the relevant statute creating the RRC originated in 1944, during World War II, and has been repeatedly modified since, reorganized in 1949, 1966, and 1993..

...yet no one ask why a health care bill needs a ready reserve corp.

did you miss the part about it already existed?

DId you miss the part where the judge simply said it was unconstitutional to have one? I don't think he said these were deathsquads. He just said it was unconstitutional.

You still did not answer the question why they had to be armed or even why they need to exist because when did doctors need guns?

Last edited:
See how the RW echo chamber works?

I posted this a week ago and it winds up on former US judges facebook page with a less ominious warning.

It's eerie I tell you. Eerie.

DId you miss the part where the judge simply said it was unconstitutional to have one? I don't think he said these were deathsquads. He just said it was unconstitutional.

You still did not answer the question why they had to be armed or even why they need to exist because when did doctors need guns?
where is it stated these people are armed?

where is it stated these people are armed?

It said so in the link in the judge's facebook page and the previously unamended doctor squad was probably unarmed. The question is why?

Last edited:
These guys have been around for a long time. One of my closest friends over the last 25 years was a Ready Reserve member for about 6 years, reporting directly to the Surgeon General. He carried a satellite phone (when they were less common than today) and was required to respond at a moments notice to health related hot spots - primarily in banana republics with outbreaks that may involve contamination of US imports - particularly foods or biologics. And he was a commissioned, sworn officer with an issued weapon.

So... I don't see anything different in this legislation than what we've already had in place.

Including the unconstitutional nature of the role.

Read it for yourself and give us your interpretation:

SEC. 5210. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.

Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS.

‘(a) Establishment-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- There shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.

‘(2) REQUIREMENT- All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act of 1923, as amended.

‘(3) APPOINTMENT- Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.

‘(4) ACTIVE DUTY- Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.

‘(5) WARRANT OFFICERS- Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service.

‘(b) Assimilating Reserve Corp Officers Into the Regular Corps- Effective on the date of enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.

‘(c) Purpose and Use of Ready Research-

‘(1) PURPOSE- The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed service’s reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.

‘(2) USES- The Ready Reserve Corps shall--

‘(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;

‘(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;

‘(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and

‘(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 799B) to improve access to health services.

‘(d) Funding- For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated $5,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for recruitment and training and $12,500,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for the Ready Reserve Corps.’.

Text of H.R.3590 as Enrolled Bill: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

The Ready Reserve Corps is a uniformed federal agency that provides medical services.
FEMA is a federal bureaucratic agency that is supposed to assess a situation and coordinate services.
I might be wrong but my understanding is that FEMA directs aid from federal, state and charitable agencies to places where emergencies dictate a need. The Ready Reserve Corps would then be one of those federal agencies that FEMA would direct to help.

You didn't really believe Terral's thread about FEMA death camps did you?

I wouldn't assume too much with this one.:cuckoo:

All the Public health Service people, and ready reserve people I worked with were issued sidearms, don't know about rifles. They wore Navy Uniforms, maybe everything has to match, but these doctors have guns. Always have.
Judge Naplitano Holds the Anti-Federalist view of the constitution. All his writings and commentary are based on that view.
From that standpoint, there are a lot of things the US Govt. does that ares unconstitutional. That would include the Ready Reserve, the new healthcare law, even social security, and many more things.
From the Federalist view of the constitution, it is considered constitutional.
The court challenge to the recent health care law boils down to an argument between the Federalist view and the Anti-Federalist view of the constitution.

That's why I have been saying it will be interesting. We get to witness an argument that dates back to the founding of the country.

Yeah, what's one more branch of the military, this one reporting directly to the Surgeon General? It's not like Obama is on recording asking for "National civilian military" right?

It's NOT like the Waffen SS or Praetorian Guards, no! Not at all. No, siree!

16,000 new IRS agents, another military branch...ain't free health care grand?

It's such a good idea for the people who decide what health care we receive to be armed (and wearing spiffy uniforms)!

New Topics

Forum List

Back