Judaism in its Own Words

Okay. It would be good if the Jews somewhat promoted studying of the Torah. I live next door to the Jewish centre of my city. And I can recall only one event where they were more or less active 'outward'; it was before some Jewish holiday several years ago.
We are not allowed to proselytize.

We are not allowed to proselytize.
Yes, I know. I wasn't saying about that, rather about giving some information and studying. I passed through the centre numerous times and from time to time wanted to visit it. But I didn't have guts to do that because I was not sure I would be ever allowed in.

Yes, I know. I wasn't saying about that, rather about giving some information and studying. I passed through the centre numerous times and from time to time wanted to visit it. But I didn't have guts to do that because I was not sure I would be ever allowed in.
I will answer this later as it’s not as simple as it sounds.

Sometimes it seems that Jews confuse the sharing with and teaching of others with proselytizing. Do Jews equate openly sharing/teaching with proselytizing?
No.
The problem is that the more one knows, the more one is responsible.

The problem is that the more one knows, the more one is responsible.
I don't see how that is a problem for those who wish to learn and pretty much find that door closed to them.

I do understand the difficulties of Christians particularly, but probably those of other faiths as well, showing up at such classes to proselytize their Jewish teachers. Couldn't that be resolved by strictly following a policy that anyone who mentions anyone or anything in the New Testament (or other holy books) will be immediately expelled? (Or assigned to complete the nearest RCIA program?)

I don't see how that is a problem for those who wish to learn and pretty much find that door closed to them.

I do understand the difficulties of Christians particularly, but probably those of other faiths as well, showing up at such classes to proselytize their Jewish teachers. Couldn't that be resolved by strictly following a policy that anyone who mentions anyone or anything in the New Testament (or other holy books) will be immediately expelled? (Or assigned to complete the nearest RCIA program?)
Learning about other faiths doesn't mean someone wants to convert.

hundreds of mosques built in the USA on ZAKAT whilst two million
Biafran christian babies die of starvation
King Fahd's legacy was to build mosques for existing Muslim congregations. How much did Israel give Biafra?

Learning about other faiths doesn't mean someone wants to convert.
But if all one wants to do is learn about another faith, wouldn't a book suffice? I can kind of grasp what Indeependent is saying about the difficulty, because the purpose of in depth study and learning is putting what is taught into action and becoming an embodiment of that faith. I already have that as a Catholic, but I also see my faith as deeply rooted in Judaism. I see Judaism as also a way of drawing closer to God and gaining an ever deepening understanding of Him and His ways.

King Fahd's legacy was to build mosques for existing Muslim congregations. How much did Israel give Biafra?
Nigeria is a muslim country in which Biafran christian babies died---more than one million because of artificially create famine created as
a WEAPON OF WAR for the glory of allah---died of starvation whilst saudi arabia built mosques in the USA. In 1967 Israel was still dealing with the starvation boycott imposed on it by the "UMMA" ===
interesting priorities------subsidized bread vs intensive proselytizing in
slums and jails

Not everyone is as hateful as you. Some people respect the faith of others.
right----and some people have capital laws against proselytizing--to
wit, historically, christianity and islam, COUNTING. Some people
focus on the most vulnerable in their "offer of help"

But if all one wants to do is learn about another faith, wouldn't a book suffice? I can kind of grasp what Indeependent is saying about the difficulty, because the purpose of in depth study and learning is putting what is taught into action and becoming an embodiment of that faith. I already have that as a Catholic, but I also see my faith as deeply rooted in Judaism. I see Judaism as also a way of drawing closer to God and gaining an ever deepening understanding of Him and His ways.
In the USA bookstores are a target for proselytizers---especially children's
books

right----and some people have capital laws against proselytizing--to
wit, historically, christianity and islam, COUNTING. Some people
focus on the most vulnerable in their "offer of help"
I've had some interesting conversations with Muslims and Jews about religion and never felt like anyone was proselytizing. Wouldn't you help someone without trying to convert them?

New Topics

Forum List

Back