JP Morgan commits to spend $2.5 Trillion in the next decade fighting global warming.

They must be hooked in to all those green companies. But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy. How can JP Morgan do well if the economy is destroyed. Why aren't they rejecting this whole global warming thing like the rest of you skeptics? They must have consulted experts out the wazoo. Didn't the experts tell them it was all a left wing lie? I don't get it. But I'm sure some of you will explain it to me.

"JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is putting serious firepower behind the fight against climate change. The bank on Thursday said it would finance or facilitate investments of $2.5 trillion over 10 years to support initiatives that focus on combating climate change and enhancing sustainable development. Some of the efforts will center around renewable energy, new clean technology, waste management and conservation. The announcement is the latest addition to a long list of environment-focused pledges from financial institutions, but it's believed to be the largest of its kind by a major bank."

Thankfully Banks these days seem to actually care about the common people
They must be hooked in to all those green companies. But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy. How can JP Morgan do well if the economy is destroyed. Why aren't they rejecting this whole global warming thing like the rest of you skeptics? They must have consulted experts out the wazoo. Didn't the experts tell them it was all a left wing lie? I don't get it. But I'm sure some of you will explain it to me.

"JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is putting serious firepower behind the fight against climate change. The bank on Thursday said it would finance or facilitate investments of $2.5 trillion over 10 years to support initiatives that focus on combating climate change and enhancing sustainable development. Some of the efforts will center around renewable energy, new clean technology, waste management and conservation. The announcement is the latest addition to a long list of environment-focused pledges from financial institutions, but it's believed to be the largest of its kind by a major bank."

I just thought I’d see the day where all these big banks and big corporations actually do something for the common good and not just invest in things that help themselves.
With all the companies making their voices heard about Georgia’s racist voting laws and Banks investing in a greener world, it makes me open to the idea of electing some of these CEOs to congress.

I just thought I’d see the day where all these big banks and big corporations actually do something for the common good and not just invest in things that help themselves.
With all the companies making their voices heard about Georgia’s racist voting laws and Banks investing in a greener world, it makes me open to the idea of electing some of these CEOs to congress.
I am also very glad to see it but don't get all giddy about this. The truth is that a lot of that movement is simply the result of intelligent people realizing that AGW is real and a real threat and that doing nothing about it would NOT be good for their bottom line. Think of what the banks of the world would lose were sea level to rise one meter. They'd be beggared. I think it's too little too late. This sort of action should have been taken 20 years ago. But humans are just too stupid to realize what's in their best interests and what's not until the facts are punching them straight in the nose.

I am also very glad to see it but don't get all giddy about this. The truth is that a lot of that movement is simply the result of intelligent people realizing that AGW is real and a real threat and that doing nothing about it would NOT be good for their bottom line. Think of what the banks of the world would lose were sea level to rise one meter. They'd be beggared. I think it's too little too late. This sort of action should have been taken 20 years ago. But humans are just too stupid to realize what's in their best interests and what's not until the facts are punching them straight in the nose.

Polls constantly show global warming/climate change are a bottom dweller concern, this was posted several times here, Stop the lying!

Deficit Reduction Declines as Policy Priority Next to the bottom of the list

Americans Show Low Levels of Concern on Global Warming Bottom two on the list of environmental concerns

Environmental Ratings, Global Warming Concern, Flat in 2020

Banks are allowed to lend more than their deposits

I love that you believe that banks can just invent money to lend more than their deposits.
If that were the case, why would they need to hold any reserves at all?
Statistics. Fractional banking is predicated that not all notes fail.

You are acting like I am making this stuff up. I'm just showing you what it is.

I love that you believe that banks can just invent money to lend more than their deposits.

You are acting like I am making this stuff up.

If you believe banks can just invent money to lend more than their deposits, you're making it up.

If a bank can loan more than deposits, why loan any deposits?

The reserve requirement could be 100%. Keep all the deposits in the vault.

You'd never see a bank run.

If you believe banks can just invent money to lend more than their deposits, you're making it up.

I just provided a video that explains it.

You don't have to explain the money multiplier to me.

You have to back up your claim that banks can lend more than their deposits.

You can do it!!!!

You don't have to explain the money multiplier to me.

You have to back up your claim that banks can lend more than their deposits.

You can do it!!!!
Ok, buddy. You believe that.

Maybe this will help you?

1618860324690.png

Money multiplier - Wikipedia

I see that they are going to be lending money, looks like they are gearing up to make money, not spend.

One other point, private industry spending a trillion is much different than the government spending a trillion dollars.

post #2

JP Morgan commits to spend $2.5 Trillion

Lend, not spend.

But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy.

Nah, wasting money on more expensive, less reliable energy won't destroy the economy.
It's just a waste.
Lending it? Or creating debt out of thin air and banking the interest?

They don't care if it loses money. Privatized profits and socialized losses.

Remind me never to hire you as a financial consultant.
So it's your belief that they have $2.5 T in reserve to loan out?
all demolosers think money doesn't have any value nor mean's anything. So I'm confident, a demoloser would think that indeed 2.5 million is liquid.

humans can't control the weather/climate/etc

We can affect it. All we had to do was add about 2,600,000,000,000 tons of CO2 to the atmosphere over the last 260 years. Our current rate is over 43 billion tons/year and accelerating.
no proof that caused it
There is overwhelming evidence. There is NEVER "proof" in the natural sciences. But that evidence is enough to have convinced better than 99% of the world's climate scientists and EVERY single national science organization on the planet that it caused it.

Note the source is CNN ...
EXCERPT:
Chester on CNN’s plans to use “fear” to promote the network’s agenda on climate:

• “I think there’s a COVID fatigue. So, like whenever a new story comes up, they’re [CNN’s] going to latch onto it. They’ve already announced in our office that once the public is — will be open to it — we’re going to start focusing mainly on climate.”
  • “I have a feeling that it’s going to be like, constantly showing videos of decline in ice, and weather warming up, and like the effects it’s having on the economy—”
  • Climate change is the next “pandemic-like story that we’ll beat to death, but that one’s got longevity. You know what I mean? Like there’s a definitive ending to the pandemic. It’ll taper off to a point that it’s not a problem anymore. Climate change can take years, so they’ll [CNN will] probably be able to milk that quite a bit.”
  • “Be prepared, it’s coming. Climate change is going to be the next COVID thing for CNN.”
  • When asked if CNN was going to use “fear” to push their agenda, Chester said, “Yeah. Fear sells.”
Chester on CNN reporters allegedly manipulating interview subjects into saying what the reporters want them to say:

CNN only reported on this. They did not conduct or pay to conduct this poll.

New Topics

Forum List

Back