Journey collapse: Steve Perry suing Jonathan Cain and Neal Schon

• Banned
Schon considered it his band and felt Perry was being given too much credit for the band's success.
wow. didn't know that. so he ruined the best thing that happened in his life just for that? what a douche! i used to like Schon...talented but a douche

i want one!

Sorry, but only over my cold, dead hands. Journey's best song ever is People and Places, but then, you'd have to hear it on my 3,000 watt 11-octave sound system going down to 12 Hz flat played at 130dB for that true 1970s rock concert level experience.

I made a 24-bit direct ADD copy from my preamp to my Tascam digital recorder too as an additional fallback, but the song takes up 186MB disc space so I can't play it here.

But I just played it for myself. :SMILEW~130:

Do you feel me?
Do you see the faces
Are they people that you want to know?
Do you see the faces runnin' 'round to different places?
Are you people that we want to know?

Take a ride on a rocket, take your mind, unlock it.
You all know we can do it, if you put your mind to it.
Take your life as you feel it, let no one deceive it.
You all know we can do it, if you put you mind to it.

Sorry, but only over my cold, dead hands. Journey's best song ever is People and Places, but then, you'd have to hear it on my 3,000 watt 11-octave sound system going down to 12 Hz flat played at 130dB for that true 1970s rock concert level experience.

I made a 24-bit direct ADD copy from my preamp to my Tascam digital recorder too as an additional fallback, but the song takes up 186MB disc space so I can't play it here.

But I just played it for myself. :SMILEW~130:

Do you feel me?
Do you see the faces
Are they people that you want to know?
Do you see the faces runnin' 'round to different places?
Are you people that we want to know?

Take a ride on a rocket, take your mind, unlock it.
You all know we can do it, if you put your mind to it.
Take your life as you feel it, let no one deceive it.
You all know we can do it, if you put you mind to it.
i'd definitely hang out with you and listen to journey. no smoking pot, though

wow. didn't know that. so he ruined the best thing that happened in his life just for that? what a douche! i used to like Schon...talented but a douche
Schon is a terrific guitarist and performed with Santana before he formed Journey. Sometimes egos get in the way of better judgement. This is true of some other great rock bands.

i'd definitely hang out with you and listen to journey. no smoking pot, though

You really don't need any pot with my 16 component audio system with 7 amplifiers and 9 speakers (in two cabinets + sub). After one song, you'll think Journey just played a private session for you right in the room 15 feet in front of you better than any live concert.

I once had a neighbor across the street and UP the road from me by two doors call the police for waking him up inside his house. :SMILEW~130: That was an unforgettable night I finished installing my two new 1000W 18" mid-bass drivers and was testing them. Who knows, I might have even played Journey! :happy-1:

Even the cop couldn't get my attention and finally just left.

You really don't need any pot with my 16 component audio system with 7 amplifiers and 9 speakers (in two cabinets + sub). After one song, you'll think Journey just played a private session for you right in the room 15 feet in front of you better than any live concert.

I once had a neighbor across the street and UP the road from me by two doors call the police for waking him up inside his house. :SMILEW~130: That was an unforgettable night I finished installing my two new 1000W 18" mid-bass drivers and was testing them. Who knows, I might have even played Journey! :happy-1:

Even the cop couldn't get my attention and finally just left.
i'm jealous

i'm jealous

My audio guru and mentor of 35 years before he passed away in 2010 had the only bigger audio system I've ever seen. His tweeters hung from the ceiling on chains, were about 28 inches wide and the magnet structures had heat sinks on them! I helped him set it up. And the floor of his 30 foot listening room was elevated three feet and the airspace under the floor was his BASS CABINET!

His primary stereo image was about 8 feet tall by about 20 feet wide.

But I finally beat him though he never lived to see it being able to go an octave lower and much louder in the bass. I routinely knock stuff off shelves on the other side of my house.

Haven't really followed them since the early 80's. Are they still relevant, producing new material? Or are they just going around playing fairs and playing their greatest hits? Thought Steve Perry left a long time ago and got replaced by a Filipino dude.

Haven't really followed them since the early 80's. Are they still relevant, producing new material? Or are they just going around playing fairs and playing their greatest hits? Thought Steve Perry left a long time ago and got replaced by a Filipino dude.
Steve Perry is doing his solo thing, the other members, including Cain and Schon have continued as Journey with a new singer of Filipino origin. they released a new album earlier this year

Forum List

Back