Journalists demand increased access White House

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Nearly 70 journalists signed a letter Thursday requesting increased access to traditional White House venues and key events in a letter to White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

“The current method of allowing a limited number of reporters into these events is not only restrictive and antithetical to the concept of a free press, but it has been done without any transparent process into how reporters are selected to cover these events,” the letter said. “We are all left wondering who is making these decisions and what are the criteria on which they are based?”

Nearly 70 Journalists Sign Letter Demanding White House Reopen To Press

Why is it that the media thinks that a 'free press' equates to unfettered access?

That is NOT what is meant by a "free press".

Free Press means only that government cannot control what you say. That has nothing to do with being able to access whatever they wish.

I am surprised Senile Joe as fallen asleep with a pot of pinto beans on and burned the whole place down yet.

Regardless, who cares what the press "demands"

Why is it that the media thinks that a 'free press' equates to unfettered access?

That is NOT what is meant by a "free press".

Free Press means only that government cannot control what you say. That has nothing to do with being able to access whatever they wish.
No kidding, did they request "unfettered" access?

The West Wing provides on premises work offices for journalists. These journalists should be counting their lucky stars that they have any access to the White House complex at all. They get to wander around the place all day long and pester whomever they want asking questions. Now why in the blue hell is it necessary to do this?

If I were President I would revoke all access to everyone, across the board. If there is a need to invite the press in for some kind of public address, we'll invite you in at that point. There's no reason for tax dollars to be spent empowering the press. That is not the government's job. It's only obligation is to not interfere.

New Topics

Forum List

Back