Jordon Peterson resigns

Wow someone from the guardian didn't like a book written by someone they despise.

Call me shocked.

Don't you see a disconnect between being a Professor of Psychology and a pushing some trashy diet where people are supposed to eat only meat?

Never heard of him.
I can't say I'm surprised you have never heard of him. The Left wing media completely ignores him

This is the video that made him famous

Essentially his main focus has been how historically mankind can continue to churn out oppressive and genocidal dictatorships, and wishes to do his best to fight then next ones to come.

Seeing how free speech in Canada does not exist and the Canadian government recently made it illegal to not use certain woke pronouns motivated him to make a stand.

Renowned psychologist and author Dr. Jordan Peterson has resigned from the University of Toronto and issued a scathing rebuke of academia in an essay for the National Post.

Peterson, a former tenured professor at the university, said that he could no longer stomach the school's feverish, frenzied, and over-the-top push for diversity, equity, and inclusion.

What are the details?

Peterson wrote, "I had envisioned teaching and researching at the U of T, full time, until they had to haul my skeleton out of my office. I loved my job. And my students, undergraduates and graduates alike, were positively predisposed toward me. But that career path was not meant to be.”

Peterson explained that he could no longer idly stand by and watch what he called "qualified and supremely trained heterosexual white male graduate students" be overlooked for research positions due to a push for diversity, equity, and inclusion.

“These have been imposed universally in academia, despite the fact that university hiring committees had already done everything reasonable for all the years of my career, and then some, to ensure that no qualified ‘minority’ candidates were ever overlooked,” he continued. “My students are also partly unacceptable precisely because they are my students. I am academic persona non grata, because of my unacceptable philosophical positions. And this isn’t just some inconvenience."

"These facts," he added, "rendered my job morally untenable. How can I accept prospective researchers and train them in good conscience knowing their employment prospects to be minimal?”

Peterson said that cancel culture and overt political correctness are also at the nefarious center of secondary education culture's corruption and that otherwise brilliant instructors are made to kowtow to diversity initiatives or lose their livelihoods.

“They all lie (excepting the minority of true believers) and they teach their students to do the same," he alleged. "And they do it constantly, with various rationalizations and justifications, further corrupting what is already a stunningly corrupt enterprise. Some of my colleagues even allow themselves to undergo so-called anti-bias training, conducted by supremely unqualified Human Resources personnel, lecturing inanely and blithely and in an accusatory manner about theoretically all-pervasive racist/sexist/heterosexist attitudes. Such training is now often a precondition to occupy a faculty position on a hiring committee.”

He went on to predict that the dangerous culture swallowing whole universities is coming to towns — and businesses — near you.

“All of you going along with the [diversity, inclusion, and equity] activists, whatever your reasons: This is on you,” he said. “Cowering cravenly in pretence and silence. Teaching your students to dissimulate and lie. To get along. As the walls crumble. For shame. CEOs: Signalling a virtue you don’t possess and shouldn’t want to please a minority who literally live their lives by displeasure. You’re evil capitalists, after all, and should be proud of it. At the moment, I can’t tell if you’re more reprehensibly timid even than the professors. Why the hell don’t you banish the human resource [diversity, inclusion, and equity] upstarts back to the more-appropriately-named Personnel departments, stop them from interfering with the psyches of you and your employees, and be done with it?”

Peterson concluded by imploring those in creative industries not be warped by the "demands" of social justice "propagandists."

“Musicians, artists, writers: Stop bending your sacred and meritorious art to the demands of the propagandists before you fatally betray the spirit of your own intuition. Stop censoring your thought. Stop saying you will hire for your orchestral and theatrical productions for any reason other than talent and excellence. That’s all you have. That’s all any of us have. ... He who sows the wind will reap the whirlwind. And the wind is rising.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How an independent thinker like Jordon survived as long as he did in academia is truly remarkable.
He has likely made millions via his speaking tours and books so he no longer needs to teach.

He has likely made millions via his speaking tours and books so he no longer needs to teach.
I like how he refrains from endorsing political talking heads or political parties.

Why own a political representative who will either betray you on some level or let you down?

Just because the purported representative is voted for to uphold certain ideas does not mean they do, but when they don't, it does not mean the ideas are bad.

That way when someone like Trump shows his arse, the media can't run with it to demonize someone like Petterson.

Put another way, you only have control over your own ideas and positions and not other people who you wish will emulate them.

Last edited:
Jordan is undeniably super intelligent, but at the same time that has caused his mental instability again most likely.

His biggest bugaboo that haunts him is his stance of his religion that he can't reconcile with reality of higher intelligence.

For anyone interested in how Jordan is so troubled with the question, they should see the debate in which Dillahunty took him down.

Jordan should have never succumbed to Dillihunty's much lower level of intelligence, but he did because Jordan's Christian house was made of straw.

An equal mind such as Sam Harris should have taken him down sooner but Sam's motive was in not losing a worthy adversary who could keep the debates in the public spotlight.

What has this to do with Jordan's main bugaboo? I might have to read the OP to find out? I would much sooner have somebody tell me!

I sincerely hope he keeps a public and vocal position. This world needs him really.

It's fucking hard to get me to change my mind about things, but he managed to do it a couple times because everything he says is beyond serving himself, pushing an agenda or trying make himself look good.

I don't admire many people I don't not personally know, but I admire him.
Yes, he inspired many, but none of the many can really say what he said that could inspire. Can you?
If you dare watch his debate with Dillihunty, you might start to question Jordan a little.

Jordan is undeniably super intelligent, but at the same time that has caused his mental instability again most likely.

His biggest bugaboo that haunts him is his stance of his religion that he can't reconcile with reality of higher intelligence.

For anyone interested in how Jordan is so troubled with the question, they should see the debate in which Dillahunty took him down.

Jordan should have never succumbed to Dillihunty's much lower level of intelligence, but he did because Jordan's Christian house was made of straw.

An equal mind such as Sam Harris should have taken him down sooner but Sam's motive was in not losing a worthy adversary who could keep the debates in the public spotlight.

What has this to do with Jordan's main bugaboo? I might have to read the OP to find out? I would much sooner have somebody tell me!
It's just like the Left to try and defame someone that offends them with truth and/or overtakes them with logic while ignoring the topic at hand.

Everyone can be knocked down at the knees, even you.

I can't say I'm surprised you have never heard of him. The Left wing media completely ignores him

This is the video that made him famous

Essentially his main focus has been how historically mankind can continue to churn out oppressive and genocidal dictatorships, and wishes to do his best to fight then next ones to come.

Seeing how free speech in Canada does not exist and the Canadian government recently made it illegal to not use certain woke pronouns motivated him to make a stand.

Ya gotta love how it brought up trans people killing themselves as if it was caused by people not accepting them.
I wonder if it ever crossed its mind that these people are nuts and prone to suicide because of that psychosis?

It's just like the Left to try and defame someone that offends them with truth and/or overtakes them with logic while ignoring the topic at hand.

Everyone can be knocked down at the knees, even you.
I have a lot of respect for Jordan's intelligence. I 'had' a lot of respect for him too until he ran up against Sam Harris nailing his ass down and Dillihunty destroying him.

Sam asked Jordan if he believed in god and Jordan said it would take him 40 hours to answer that question! LOL He's too smart by half!

and the debate with Dillihunty was a slamdunk for Matt and a very big mistake for Jordan. You should see it for an example of how a very intelligent person such as Jordan runs himself into a brick wall.

Maybe Jordan will get back to it if he's now going to spend time in another asylum? I feel bad for him that he just couldn't reconcile a question on Christian beliefs.

List the good ones then.

Any one with a "Green" rating from F.I.R.E is probably still not terrible.

Academia as a whole sucked when it picked one side and only one side of the political spectrum to foster and nourish.

Any one with a "Green" rating from F.I.R.E is probably still not terrible.

Academia as a whole sucked when it picked one side and only one side of the political spectrum to foster and nourish.
Truth does have a leftwing bias, so....

He does have a very feminine girly voice. It's why he's so popular with conservative rightwing men.

He won't be out of work for long, if he even needs to keep working.

He's probably made plenty from appearances and writing, so he may have "fuck you" money by now.
I read some things about all this ----

He's quite old; also his sudden fame threw him for a loop and he had quite a bad depressive breakdown for some time not long ago. It is time for him to retire, to somewhere quiet.

Yes, he inspired many, but none of the many can really say what he said that could inspire. Can you?
If you dare watch his debate with Dillihunty, you might start to question Jordan a little.
I read both his books, so I already do.

His heart is in the right place, however, so I appreciate that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back