Jonathan Capehart conceded “hands up, don’t shoot” was “built on a lie.”

alanbmx123

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hands Up Don t Shoot Was Wrong Built on a Lie and Officer Darren Wilson Was Justified Says Liberal Columnist TheBlaze.com

Liberal Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart conceded on Monday that the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, was “built on a lie.”

Following the release of the Justice Department’s report on the shooting, Capehart wrote that he was forced to confront “two uncomfortable truths” in the case: “Brown never surrendered with his hands up, and Wilson was justified in shooting Brown.”

I applaud this guy for stepping up and admitting he was caught up in the moment and now in retrospect and after hearing all the facts he was wrong. Bravo, this does not happen often. I have new found respect for this man.

More from Capehart’s column:

What DOJ found made me ill. Wilson knew about the theft of the cigarillos from the convenience store and had a description of the suspects. Brown fought with the officer and tried to take his gun. And the popular hands-up storyline, which isn’t corroborated by ballistic and DNA evidence and multiple witness statements, was perpetuated by Witness 101. In fact, just about everything said to the media by Witness 101, whom we all know as Dorian Johnson, the friend with Brown that day, was not supported by the evidence and other witness statements.

[…]

The DOJ report notes on page 44 that Johnson “made multiple statements to the media immediately following the incident that spawned the popular narrative that Wilson shot Brown execution-style as he held up his hands in surrender.” In one of those interviews, Johnson told MSNBC that Brown was shot in the back by Wilson. It was then that Johnson said Brown stopped, turned around with his hands up and said, “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!” And, like that, “hands up, don’t shoot” became the mantra of a movement. But it was wrong, built on a lie.

It doesn't matter. Its part of "The Narrative", and The Narrative allows falsehoods to perpetuate as long as the cause progresses as well.

Well hes an honest man for acknowledging that.

But the cop haters dont care. They were mental fuck ups before the incident and remain so.

and how come no one in the media ever asked any of those buffoons, "Well do you have any video evidence of Micheal Brown on his knees screaming Hands up dont shoot?".

and how come no one in the media ever asked any of those buffoons, "Well do you have any video evidence of Micheal Brown on his knees screaming Hands up dont shoot?".

YES they had video of Mike Brown on his knees while Wilson stood over him and said "See you in hell you innocent unarmed negroe" and then shooting him.

But...the Ferguson police got a high tech drone from military surplus that shoots EMP beams that focus only on video cameras and they drone beamed all videos within a mile immediately after the execution. So not only was the video of the murder lost...but dozens of videos of black kids birthday parties. Evil fucks.

6a00d83451af9f69e201b8d0b0a97f970c-500wi

we had 300 pages on this a few months ago.... Now not a single lib has commented.... HMMMMMMMMMM

I think Mr. Capehart placed his career at MSNBC and the Washington Post in great jeopardy.
Apparently Capehart has decided to finally separate himself from the fucking LIB simians and also to perhaps become a serious journalist.
I'm betting the next time a White shoots a negro Capehart won't be so fast to rush to judgement.

It does nobody any good to hang on to information that has been proven wrong. The "hands up don't shoot" meme was widespread, but wrong. The people of Ferguson were well aware of all the abuses that the DOJ investigations revealed long before the DOJ knew them. It was certainly expected that the people would believe this was just another example of those abuses. I can understand the right wing being relieved that that specific aspect was proven wrong, but the reason it was so easily believed still has to be dealt with.

It does nobody any good to hang on to information that has been proven wrong. The "hands up don't shoot" meme was widespread, but wrong. The people of Ferguson were well aware of all the abuses that the DOJ investigations revealed long before the DOJ knew them. It was certainly expected that the people would believe this was just another example of those abuses. I can understand the right wing being relieved that that specific aspect was proven wrong, but the reason it was so easily believed still has to be dealt with.

Quick, this boy needs a....

emergency.jpg

Forum List

Back