Jon Leibowitz comes clean on why he's leaving The Daily Show

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
We beat his ass down, and he's cried uncle !

Jon Stewart On Why He’s Leaving ‘Daily Show': Conservatives “Killing Me”

Jon Stewart

Jon Stewart finally explained at length why he is leaving The Daily Show

He started by showing clips of reaction to his announcement from the right — mostly Fox News Channel, where Megyn Kelly is seen talking about how “nasty” Stewart got, with “no foothold in the facts.”

He challenged FNC to a Lie Off. “Your distortions and lack of fact foothold against mine.”

He presented a clip he called 50 Fox News Channel distortions and lies in a 6-second Vine and invited viewers to go to his show’s website to peruse more at their leisure.

Then he turned to Rush Limbaugh having said he, Stewart, has “poisoned the Republican brand.” “How do you poison a cyanide factory?” Stewart pondered.

“In their mind the opposite of bad isn’t good — the opposite of bad is conservative,” Stewart cautioned, telling viewers to stop pretending that any concessions to the right will sate the beast.

“Take it from someone who’s been watching what they do for a blessedly almost over 16 years or so. Their chronically angry war for ideological purity, where every aspect of live becomes a two-dimensional battle for America’s soul — it ages you. Even watching it is killing me.”

Jon Stewart On Why He s Leaving Daily Show Conservatives Killing Me - Yahoo TV

Boy! Is he blinded by partisanship or what?? It was definitely time for him to step back.

Yeah, after 16 years...Sort of how long the war in Iraq would have lasted if you could have had your way.

"""Their chronically angry war for ideological purity, where every aspect of live becomes a two-dimensional battle for America’s soul — it ages you. Even watching it is killing me.”

I think he meant this last sentence rhetorically. Most television shows don't make it past a single season. But he's right on in his first statement.

I suspect he's actually considering other offers from the major networks, as we know he's been approached by NBC.

Yeah, after 16 years...Sort of how long the war in Iraq would have lasted if you could have had your way.

"""Their chronically angry war for ideological purity, where every aspect of live becomes a two-dimensional battle for America’s soul — it ages you. Even watching it is killing me.”

I think he meant this last sentence rhetorically. Most television shows don't make it past a single season. But he's right on in his first statement.

I suspect he's actually considering other offers from the major networks, as we know he's been approached by NBC.
If I had my way, the war in Iraq would have lasted 15 minutes, tops

Not too bad for someone who was run out of town by the righties:

""Under Mr. Stewart, “The Daily Show” made Comedy Central a formidable player in late-night entertainment, a field that had largely belonged to the broadcast networks and programs like David Letterman’s “Late Show” (on CBS) and Jay Leno’s “Tonight Show” (on NBC).

During Mr. Stewart’s tenure, “The Daily Show” won 20 Emmy Awards, including numerous trophies for outstanding variety series and outstanding writing of a variety series. """

If I had my way, the war in Iraq would have lasted 15 minutes, tops

You mean ?

Forum List

Back