Joined this site last month and the main thing that impresses me is..........

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
the activity on this message board has not been affected by social media. There has been lots of message boards that lost tons of members because of Facebook and Twitter but I see this site as active as Facebook. So I say all that to say that I am glad I found this place and love how active and entertaining it is on a daily.:banana:

Good point. I was on another message board for 10 years and it's gone to shit because of Facebook, etc.

This is just a guess but would that site be.........."sitcomsonline.com?":lol:

Unlike social media this site does not require revealing personal information like your name. Criminals only need a little of your personal information to take over your identity and apply for credit cards or even commit crimes in your name.

Unlike social media this site does not require revealing personal information like your name. Criminals only need a little of your personal information to take over your identity and apply for credit cards or even commit crimes in your name.

You have the option of using a screen name on FB.

I don't like FB, and I don't like Twitter either. It's like a stalker's paradise. :D

Twitter is boring and FB is LIVELY as long as you don't use your real name

And just to confirm what I mean

There are 55 active threads going on right now in the 9pm hour. :eusa_clap:

That defeats the whole purpose of using it as you want to connect with family, friends and other acquaintances. Using a screen name would hide your identity and it wouldn't be possible for them to locate you on facebook.

That defeats the whole purpose of using it as you want to connect with family, friends and other acquaintances. Using a screen name would hide your identity and it wouldn't be possible for them to locate you on facebook.

You can connect with Family on "FamilyBook":badgrin:

FB sucks and is owned by a hacker. Good luck with that in staying "safe".

They sell your info to advertisers, so if you aren't being stalked by some run-of-the-mill weirdo, you're being stalked by advertisements for a bunch of crap you don't want. :lol:

Like what? I haven't been sold anything

FB sucks and is owned by a hacker. Good luck with that in staying "safe".

They sell your info to advertisers, so if you aren't being stalked by some run-of-the-mill weirdo, you're being stalked by advertisements for a bunch of crap you don't want. :lol:

Like what? I haven't been sold anything

What? You must get advertisements. That's how they keep the site up and running, sponsors.

Facebook Is Now Selling Your Web-Browsing Data To Advertisers ? Consumerist

You know how it’s really creepy when you go looking for a new TV online and then go to Facebook and the ad spaces that you typically ignore are now populated with advertising for the very brands of TV you just checked out? Until now, they’ve been the product of third-party ad networks and creepy data aggregators like Acxiom while Facebook itself had kept its hands clean by not selling the data it had acquired about your Web browsing habits. But in an effort to bring you even creepier, more targeted ads, Facebook will now be making more info about you available to advertisers.

“When we ask people about our ads, one of the top things they tell us is that they want to see ads that are more relevant to their interests,” reads an actual sentence presumably written by a human being at Facebook and not some automated copy-bot intended to mimic human speech.

Unless we’ve completely misjudged the entire human race, we doubt the first thing that pops into most folks’ heads when asked about Facebook advertising is “Please make the ads eerily specific to things that I was just browsing online!”

More likely the real top response to questions about Facebook ads is “For the love of god, please give me a way to block them and not have them track my every movement.”

“Starting soon in the US, we will also include information from some of the websites and apps you use,” continues the Facebook statement, which we hear in the voice of the HAL 9000, or maybe the woman who narrates House Hunters on HGTV. “This is a type of interest-based advertising, and many companies already do this.”

Facebook has long been following you around the Web, quietly snickering at you for the music you buy and silently cocking an eyebrow for thinking you can still fit into the same size jeans you wore in college. But until now, it had tracked users under the pretense of security. This morning’s announcement shows the site’s true intentions.

FB is owned by a hacker and a thief. But that's ok cuz that is where one stays in touch with family. Eye roll.

What happened to phone calls, emails, hand written letters, get togethers? Oh. Wait.

FB is owned by a hacker and a thief. But that's ok cuz that is where one stays in touch with family. Eye roll.

What happened to phone calls, emails, hand written letters, get togethers? Oh. Wait.

I prefer to use the phone and/or texting on my own time to talk with friends and family because I have to use e-mail and instant messaging all day for work, and I get sick of it, and it's a PITA.

Well maybe I should not use that Dating App for cell phones called Tinder that connects your facebook page for you to meet people

Well maybe I should not use that Dating App for cell phones called Tinder that connects your facebook page for you to meet people

I don't know . . . it's probably too late, and you already have a whole mess of stalkers! :D J/K!

the activity on this message board has not been affected by social media. There has been lots of message boards that lost tons of members because of Facebook and Twitter but I see this site as active as Facebook. So I say all that to say that I am glad I found this place and love how active and entertaining it is on a daily.:banana:

This is actually a paid poster forum....

Forum List

Back