Join a Union - be strong

Basically yes, but that is a right of the employer to decide how much their employees get.
Ebenezer Scrooge Is Your Messiah

That makes this Terminal Capitalism a dictatorship. Only cowards and bootlickers put up with a dictatorship. As if the boss would never underpay when he has all the power to do just that. There is no way for him to determine what is the appropriate pay without being influenced by his own megalomania.

And anyone who accepts compensation that they believe in inadequate to their contributions is a fool.
How Can Anyone Who Uses the Elite's Collectivist Grammar Have Anything Logical to Say?

Anyone who stands alone is a helpless idiot. But your illogical grammar ironically reveals the truth: only when one individual become a them by joining with others and then settles for less or no raise at all is he/they a fool.

Ebenezer Scrooge Is Your Messiah

That makes this Terminal Capitalism a dictatorship. Only cowards and bootlickers put up with a dictatorship. As if the boss would never underpay when he has all the power to do just that. There is no way for him to determine what is the appropriate pay without being influenced by his own megalomania.
So, what do you propose? Trade unions? And what should do people who work for small businesses with a handful of workers?

It really wasn't.

Your post is emotional and sentimental, but has no real life meaning. No one has a right to the property of another.
Owners Aren't Earners

If they own a man's work, they own that man.

The value of an investment is entirely determined by the employees who crate that value. Investor Supremacy is a parasite's paradise.

Who produces the revenue in pro sports, the owners or the players? All businesses are like that. The players only made 3 times as much as the average American before they awakened and unionized.

And an employee has a right to look for another, more paid job.
Treason Is Not a Property Right

An employer has the alternative to sell his business to someone competent enough to produce revenue without wage-gouging the employees. Then Scrooge can move to a sweatshop country and buy a native business.

But it is economic treason for employers to move their own businesses out of their own country. We never gave them that right, so they don't have it. No free country would allow outsourcing.

That's a shocking comment.
Anti-Semitism Always Leaves a Yellow Stain

Anti-semitism was invented by the HeirHead guillotine-fodder, who control both fake sides just like they claim that the Jews do. Only economic sissies believe that the rich can pass on their money to brats who'd be nobodies without it. But the advantage for free men is that if these wannabe peasants don't have the guts to stand up to their Preppy idols, they won't stand up to us when we take the upper class down.

thanks----I clicked----I find the discussion to be
sorta silly------more money than the POOREST
PEOPLE ON EARTH is a kinda meaningless
comparison-----a huge number of people on earth own NOTHING at all. There are penniless
gypsies and nomads who LIVE OFF THE LAND.
There are penniless families in the USA who live on "welfare" How do you access the "wealth"
of a petty thief? by BANK ACCOUNT? How
do you access the "wealth" of an inner city
prostitute or pimp or even a strong man who
lives off of undeclared odd jobs in the USA---
or a kurd up in the hills of Turkey, Syria, Iraq
or Iran------INCOME TAX RECORDS?
Sympathy for the Devil

That's a decoy. Why should we care about Third World trash and their descendants in America? An honest criticism would be the ratio of the CEO's salary to his workers' average wages.

Last edited:
Decline of unions occurred because too many unions got greedy making themselves rich while driving labor cost up too high without getting the productivity out of their workers to justify it!
Stupidity in Suitcoats

Again, it's about who gets what percentage of the revenue, not about passing on the wage increases to the consumers. Bootlickers of the Plutes Who Wear the Jackboots push that lie in order to get the majority to resent wage increases.

You also take for granted that the people in management are superior employees. Unions could force them out, in order to get truly superior managers who can run the business more efficiently and market more profitably.

The US now has poor social mobility. Them and the UK are usually down among the worst in the Developed world. However during the 60's and 70's the UK had good social mobility. The Nordic Countries followed by much of Europe tend to be the best in the world now. I did not speak about social welfare.
Whatever Entire Group Is Never Targeted Controls the Netrix

Read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Hereditary position is all over Sweden, though, of course, the author is not allowed to emphasize its pervasiveness.

More importantly, a genius like that afflicted girl has no chance. Superior minds, when they humbly become Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys, create all the plutocracy's passed-on wealth. Even when she does what High IQs must do to get their proper place—drain the plutocrats' bank accounts and trust funds through hacking—she does it only to get even for a guy she loved who'd been falsely imprisoned by one of the Plutes.

Last edited:
Decline of unions occurred because too many unions got greedy making themselves rich while driving labor cost up too high without getting the productivity out of their workers to justify it!
And making it impossible to fire unproductive people, which incentivizes laziness. The best partner I had in an aerospace shop never made a chip. He would collect the cutters from the tool crib, preset them on the workbench, and load the fixtures. That was his day. He'd sit at the workbench and read his book.

I'd come in on swing and machine the parts. KC-135 landing gears. Big 15-5 forgings. We had an understanding. He wouldn't backstab me on dayshift and I'd do all the machine work.

But this is what really caused the demise of private sector unions- they ceded their power to the gov't. In the 1920's, there were no labor laws. Unions were attractive to workers because it was the only power they had.

Over the years, all the benefits you received from being in a union were coded into law (at the behest of the unions themselves). 40 hour workweeks, overtime pay, minimum wage, paid holidays, health insurance, workman's compensation, unemployment, retirement, etc. It's all there. The unions have very little to offer now that isn't already free (from the perspective of the worker).

I still don't object to private sector unions. It's okay to have the greedy capitalist on one side of the table and the oppressed worker on the other side. If one side gets too unreasonable, the other side can walk away. Workers can just quit, and factories can be relocated.

This doesn't work with public sector unions. There is no capitalist on the other side of the table. And you can't just relocate a school or a public transit system if the unions demands can't be met.

Private sector unions organize against capital. That's okay- capital can move. Public sector unions organize against the taxpayer. But the taxpayer doesn't have a seat at the table.

Last edited:
And making it impossible to fire unproductive people, which incentivizes laziness.

Don't forgot the other paradigm: punishing workers who are TOO productive because it makes everyone else look bad and shows the bosses what you can really do! I once had a union rep chastise me for pressing a button on a telephone that was there for the user to use as a simple user setting to simply select different ringtones. She gave me hell because changing it myself on a whim just to hear a different tone for a while without putting in a work order to request service to come do it for me took work away from them. :smoke:

I belonged to a union for a few months back in the day, and they did nothing for me. I left the employment ASAP for a scab job.

Unions are good for those who are mobbed up and are looking for a no-show or no-work job, and they certainly help bartenders at local Italian clubs who make their livings from tips from the business agents and crooked lawyers that are on Big Labor's payroll.
What were you wanting from them. I say that because you appear to be aware they give a lot.

Decline of unions has lead to an out of kilter society where the rich get richer and the poor get shit on.
/----/ Tommy has one of these hanging in his basement bedroom.
1656588782729.png

Communism Is State Capitalism. Capitalism Is Communism for the Rich.

There were no unions in the Soviet Union. From the beginning under Lenin, anyone who started a union was executed or sent to the GULAG.

Good point. PUts her support of unions into an odd light. A very scary light.

Forum List

Back