John Stossel: 'Why I Wish The Koch Brothers Spent Even More Money On Politics'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Ha, Stossel always nails it.

Lots of people sure hate the Koch brothers.

The Kochs get death threats like this: “If I had a chance to murder a Koch brother in cold blood, I would surely take it.”

Jim Dean doesn’t want to kill the Kochs, but he does want new laws to limit their influence. Dean’s brother Howard was a Democratic presidential candidate, and Dean chairs a group called Democracy for America.

“Get money out of politics,” Dean says on my show this week.

But Dean’s not just unhappy because the Kochs have money to throw around. He doesn’t like their politics.

“The Koch brothers are poster boys for everything that is wrong in politics because they spend so much,” he says, and they have extreme goals like “getting rid of Social Security and environmental laws.”

But they don’t. They just think today’s environmental laws go too far, and they want to save Social Security from going broke.

Dean says Social Security “has been one of the best social programs we’ve ever had.” When I point out that it’s unsustainable, he says, “The math works for another 20 years.” Wow. 20 years.

If the Kochs’ views were the same as George Soros’, I don’t think liberals like Dean would complain as much. But Dean claims he’s no hypocrite...

Read More:
Why I wish the Koch brothers spent even more money on politics Fox News

"Anyone who understands libertarianism knows I’d agree with the Kochs even if I’d never met them. They are pro-immigration, anti-drug war. They want less defense spending. They got praised by Attorney General Holder for their campaign to jail fewer people. I wish the Kochs spent more on politics. They promote a message we don’t hear often enough." - Stossell

The Kochs get death threats like this: “If I had a chance to murder a Koch brother in cold blood, I would surely take it.”

Jim Dean doesn’t want to kill the Kochs, but he does want new laws to limit their influence. Dean’s brother Howard was a Democratic presidential candidate, and Dean chairs a group called Democracy for America.

But Dean’s not just unhappy because the Kochs have money to throw around. He doesn’t like their politics.

“The Koch brothers are poster boys for everything that is wrong in politics because they spend so much,” he says, and they have extreme goals like “getting rid of Social Security and environmental laws.”

But they don’t. They just think today’s environmental laws go too far, and they want to save Social Security from going broke.

Dean says Social Security “has been one of the best social programs we’ve ever had.” When I point out that it’s unsustainable, he says, “The math works for another 20 years.” Wow. 20 years.

If the Kochs’ views were the same as George Soros’, I don’t think liberals like Dean would complain as much. But Dean claims he’s no hypocrite...

Read More:

Social Security is not unsustainable. Stossel is retarded.

Read More:

Well, that's your opinion. But many others think otherwise. I'm with Stossel on this one. The Koch Brothers are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' you Communists/Progressives have made them out to be. Their beliefs are actually quite reasonable and logical. Once you get past the hysterical Communist/Progressive screeching about em, you realize that.

Read More:

Well, that's your opinion. But many others think otherwise. I'm with Stossel on this one. The Koch Brothers are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' you Communists/Progressives have made them out to be. Their beliefs are actually quite reasonable and logical. Once you get past the hysterical Communist/Progressive screeching about em, you realize that.

Is it really good that their money gives them such a loud voice in politics? Would you want them to have so much influence if you disagreed with them?

Read More:

Is it really good that their money gives them such a loud voice in politics? Would you want them to have so much influence if you disagreed with them?

I actually despise George Soros. I think he's a foreign Communist piece of shite. But that being said, many American Communists/Progressives adore the man and don't mind him giving all that cash to their Democrats. I have to accept that.

The Koch Brothers' beliefs are pretty much in line with my own. So i have no problem with them spending their money on pushing those beliefs. The Communists have Soros, and others have the Koch Brothers. Simple as that.

Read More:

Social Security is not unsustainable.

It's a really bad investment.

Read More:

Its like they didnt learn from the Patriot Act. They are playing checkers. As soon as some idiot Billionaire passes money around on issues the OP doesnt like will be the very same time that he will realize that this is a bad idea.

Unfortunatly they lack even the imagination to consider such a thing happening...so when it does, the republicans are almost always caught off guard.

Yeah yeah yeah...I dont want to hear that "I'm not a republican" nonsense. Seems nowadays no one is...but they keep being voted for

Read More:

I actually despise George Soros. I think he's a foreign Communist piece of shite. But that being said, many American Communists/Progressives adore the man and don't mind him giving all that cash to their Democrats. I have to accept that.

The Koch Brothers' beliefs are pretty much in line with my own. So i have no problem with them spending their money on pushing those beliefs. The Communists have Soros, and others have the Koch Brothers. Simple as that.

Well I don't think it is good for the country for any of them. The Koch brothers make soros look poor btw. If soros had more money to throw than the Koch brothers you might have a different opinion.

And get real Communist/Progressive wankers. Threatening to kill someone for merely having different political beliefs? All you Democrats should be ashamed of the deranged mongoloids you've created. You've fostered hate and violence. The Koch Brothers don't deserve that. It's Un-American.

Read More:

Well I don't think it is good for the country for any of them. The Koch brothers make soros look poor btw. If soros had more money to throw than the Koch brothers you might have a different opinion.

The Democrats don't mind taking his cash. And they take a whole lot of it. Personally, i feel he's a foreign Communist piece of shite. But lots of American Communists/Progressives worship him. I accept that. It is what it is.

Read More:

You say that but have no comment on the billion plus that unions spend, you didn't read the article did ya?

Read More:

You say that but have no comment on the billion plus that unions spend, you didn't read the article did ya?

Yes, the Communists/Progressives have Soros, and others have the Koch Brothers. Nothing wrong with that. That's America.

And get real Communist/Progressive wankers. Threatening to kill someone for merely having different political beliefs?

Appeal to emotion. You have to have a better defense than "oh those poor Koch Boys".

All you Democrats should be ashamed of the deranged mongoloids you've created. You've fostered hate and violence. The Koch Brothers don't deserve that. It's Un-American.

Another appeal to emotion like people should be happy with money influencing politics because someone wuz mean to da wittle Koch Boys

And get real Communist/Progressive wankers. Threatening to kill someone for merely having different political beliefs?

Appeal to emotion. You have to have a better defense than "oh those poor Koch Boys".

All you Democrats should be ashamed of the deranged mongoloids you've created. You've fostered hate and violence. The Koch Brothers don't deserve that. It's Un-American.

Another appeal to emotion like people should be happy with money influencing politics because someone wuz mean to da wittle Koch Boys

I just call it like i see it. You guys have demonized the Koch Bothers to such an extreme, you've created many deranged mongoloids who actually want them dead. It's shameful. And Un-American.

I just call it like i see it. You guys have demonized the Koch Bothers to such an extreme, you've created many deranged mongoloids who actually want them dead. It's shameful. And Un-American.

That's still an appeal to emotions and you still haven't said why this is a good thing or how you would feel if they supported things you oppose

That's still an appeal to emotions and you still haven't said why this is a good thing or how you would feel if they supported things you oppose

Their political beliefs are in line with my own for the most part. And i know those beliefs are not in line with Communists/Progressives like you, but there is still no justification in demonizing them to such an extreme. You've created many deranged loons who actually want them dead for merely having different political beliefs. It's not right.

So by your 3 replies you confirm that the only thing you have as a defense I s an appeal to emotion and cries of "you should treat them better"

Thanks for avoiding my questions...it just confirms that you are a hack and have no problem with money influence on politics unless it's Soros

And get real Communist/Progressive wankers. Threatening to kill someone for merely having different political beliefs? All you Democrats should be ashamed of the deranged mongoloids you've created. You've fostered hate and violence. The Koch Brothers don't deserve that. It's Un-American.
It's very American to resist knuckling under to the political wishes and whims of the super wealthy, conservatives just forgot it.

Read More:

Funny thing is, if they wanted to get rid of Social Security, I would like them even more.

New Topics

Forum List

Back