John Kasich for President of the United States

Judicial review

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus Ohio
Just saw him on Fox futures and there is no doubt about it now. He didn't announce, but he said it.

I told you morons he will be President. Now exercise your free speech and start talking about him.

• Banned
Just saw him on Fox futures and there is no doubt about it now. He didn't announce, but he said it.

I told you morons he will be President. Now exercise your free speech and start talking about him.

He's a great choice. Good interview here

When John Kasich Met Richard Nixon - Bloomberg Politics

Outstanding background and experience

House Budget Committee Chairman

Multi term governor of a large state

I want to add to the bold that he has done what Paul Ryan couldn't do once 4 times by balancing the budget with a Democrat congress and Executive branch. This is the very definition of a LEADER. Obama would kill for his accomplishments even though he won 2 presidency's. You either have it or you don't.

Terrible choice.

Advocates violating a woman's right to privacy

Advocates violating gay Americans' right to equal protection of the law

Advocates conjoining church and state in violation of the First Amendment

Advocates failed conservative fiscal dogma – 'trickle down' economics

Kasich is a social conservative with an unwarranted fear of change, diversity, and dissent; a rightwing ideologue and authoritarian who would seek to compel conformity by appointing reactionary judges to the courts and by pursuing a social conservative agenda in Congress hostile to citizens' civil rights.

The last thing this country needs is a social conservative as president.

• Banned

Terrible choice.

Kasich is a social conservative with an unwarranted fear of change, diversity, and dissent; a rightwing ideologue and authoritarian who would seek to compel conformity by appointing reactionary judges to the courts and by pursuing a social conservative agenda in Congress hostile to citizens' civil rights.

I think you meant to say he knows what works, because he's already single handedly done it, so he will do it again.

The current party distribution is 21 Republicans and 12 Democrats. Senate

The current party distribution is 59 Republicans and 40 Democrats. House

4 times by balancing the budget with a Democrat congress and Executive branch

Let's not go overboard. It is almost mandated that we Ohioans have a balance to the budget. Also it is important that Kasich demonstrate that he can form consensus among other Republicans about spending. I would rather give credit to Kasich and the Ohio Republicans in the majority of the Congress for our balanced budget. The Repubs in the US Congress don't have much to crow about.

from Ohio,guv
Balanced Budget Requirements Although no one statute or section of the Ohio Constitution explicitly states that Ohio must keep its budget in balance, there are several provisions that, when construed together, make such a requirement clear. The directives in Revised Code sections 126.05 and 126.07 along with Article II, Section 22, Article VIII, Sections 1 through 3, and Article XII, Section 4 of the Ohio Constitution ensure that Ohio keeps its budget balanced by:

I am liking Kasich, He is a pragmatic governor who doesn't take any shit. And while he may not appeal to the low info voters of the deep south, those damn states don't mean shit in the electoral count. Kasich STARTS with Ohio in the bag. He can appeal to moderates Republicans, moderate Dems and the Indys in the middle. He isn't' stupid like Pence. He hasn't pissed off the labor unions like Walker. He is a known entity at the Federal level. Match him with a good VP (Rubio) and who knows. We might have a winner.
Ohio has a fine history of giving the country Presidents. .

• Banned
The current party distribution is 21 Republicans and 12 Democrats. Senate

The current party distribution is 59 Republicans and 40 Democrats. House

4 times by balancing the budget with a Democrat congress and Executive branch

Let's not go overboard. It is almost mandated that we Ohioans have a balance to the budget. Also it is important that Kasich demonstrate that he can form consensus among other Republicans about spending. I would rather give credit to Kasich and the Ohio Republicans in the majority of the Congress for our balanced budget. The Repubs in the US Congress don't have much to crow about.

from Ohio,guv
Balanced Budget Requirements Although no one statute or section of the Ohio Constitution explicitly states that Ohio must keep its budget in balance, there are several provisions that, when construed together, make such a requirement clear. The directives in Revised Code sections 126.05 and 126.07 along with Article II, Section 22, Article VIII, Sections 1 through 3, and Article XII, Section 4 of the Ohio Constitution ensure that Ohio keeps its budget balanced by:

I am liking Kasich, He is a pragmatic governor who doesn't take any shit. And while he may not appeal to the low info voters of the deep south, those damn states don't mean shit in the electoral count. Kasich STARTS with Ohio in the bag. He can appeal to moderates Republicans, moderate Dems and the Indys in the middle. He isn't' stupid like Pence. He hasn't pissed off the labor unions like Walker. He is a known entity at the Federal level. Match him with a good VP (Rubio) and who knows. We might have a winner.
Ohio has a fine history of giving the country Presidents. .

Balanced budgets in United states CONGRESS!!! 4 of them. I haven't even gotten to Ohio yet.

Terrible choice.

While he may not be the perfect candidate, his pragmatic nature tempers his right leaning disposition. He really does seem to get some things done. And I live in Ohio and the state is doing pretty damn good, IF You don't have a job you don't want a job from what I can tell.

He is the best in the Republican field from what I can tell. And if the Dems dont offer up anything better than Hillary, I would vote Kasich if offered. If it is Bush vs Clinton, I won't vote (as least at the Presidential level).

I.ll just have to live with which ever one of those two my fellow Americans elect. But don't expect anything to get done. Especially with Hillary, And I think Hillary can beat Bush. We will be screwed. Dem Pres,. Repub Congress. WHo knows what kinds of shit we would end up with.

Balanced budgets in United states CONGRESS!!! 4 of them. I haven't even gotten to Ohio yet.

Ancient history.
That was an ENTIRELY different time and place dude. In my mind, they don't count. That was back when it was important for Repubs and Dems to take care of government business and both sides worked to that end.

That is hardly the environment that a new President would work under in 2016. Repubs and Dems in Congress seem to hate each other.

I bet you can find Dems voting for the budget Ksaich proposed back then.

Ancient history.
That was an ENTIRELY different time and place dude. In my mind, they don't count. That was back when it was important for Repubs and Dems to take care of government business and both sides worked to that end.

That is hardly the environment that a new President would work under in 2016. Repubs and Dems in Congress seem to hate each other.

Wrong and see this is why I'm way ahead of you guys in the political arena and knowledge of this countries founding principles. The President is supposed to Lead congress to compromise. There's a reason why the agenda is set by the President and so are the terms when the presidential signature is needed. He can dictate the political climate in Washington if he wanted to. Obama NEVER wanted to. A history of doing this on the federal level is more relevant than what is done on the state level. They are two completely different beasts. The FACT that he has both on his resume makes him the TOP candidate BY FAR. It's not even close.

From Delta's Rules for Political Candidates,

"Before announcing you wanna be the leader of over 310 million people, 310 million people better know who the hell you are." :)

Ancient history.

Wrong and see this is why I'm way ahead of you guys in the political arena and knowledge of this countries founding principles. The President is supposed to Lead congress to compromise. There's a reason why the agenda is set by the President and so are the terms when the presidential signature is needed. He can dictate the political climate in Washington if he wanted to. Obama NEVER wanted to. A history of doing this on the federal level is more relevant than what is done on the state level. They are two completely different beasts. The FACT that he has both on his resume makes him the TOP candidate BY FAR. It's not even close.

The country's founding principles are to promote the general welfare and form a more perfect union.

Welfare and union.

Neither of which Republicans even stand for anymore. So don't run your mouth about founding principles when you are contemptuous of them.

Ancient history.

The country's founding principles are to promote the general welfare and form a more perfect union.

Welfare and union.

Neither of which Republicans even stand for anymore. So don't run your mouth about founding principles when you are contemptuous of them.

You'll LOVE Kasich then. ;)

Forum List

Back