John Gruden's emails will be used as "proof" of Systemic Racism.

As if it isn't bad enough that a good man, a good team and a loyal fan base has been decimated by leaked private emails of John Gruden. It is a certainty that these emails will be presented OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER as "proof" of Systemic Racism and how the battle must continue until all vestiges of White Racism and Supremacy are stamped out. Or some bullshit like that. This is so disgusting on so many levels. We are now a Police State being patrolled by the Woke Weasels. You better watch your back because tomorrow the Woke Weasels are coming for you.

Can he prove systemic racism?​

I don't really care about pro sports but I'm curious about the claim that the owner of the Dolphins offered to pay the coach a bonus to lose a few games so as to get a better draft pick position.

To me it seems like a good strategy especially if the team is already out of the post season. And isn't the coach supposed to do what the owner tells him to do anyway?

I don't really care about pro sports but I'm curious about the claim that the owner of the Dolphins offered to pay the coach a bonus to lose a few games so as to get a better draft pick position.

To me it seems like a good strategy especially if the team is already out of the post season. And isn't the coach supposed to do what the owner tells him to do anyway?
The lions at the end of the year won a game that is going to drop them down in the draft from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. Idiots! As soon as I know I'm not making the playoffs, my second string QB starts getting a lot of snaps. For one, to give him experience and 2, why get the starting qb hurt? Every other position in football players take breaks and get substitutes. Only the QB doesn't.

The lions at the end of the year won a game that is going to drop them down in the draft from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. Idiots! As soon as I know I'm not making the playoffs, my second string QB starts getting a lot of snaps. For one, to give him experience and 2, why get the starting qb hurt? Every other position in football players take breaks and get substitutes. Only the QB doesn't.
It just makes sense right?

It just makes sense right?
And what if that second or 3rd sting quarterback ends up becoming better than the starter? I believe there are a lot of good QB's buried on teams never given the chance.

Of course there are superstars who were never given the chance to shine. Look at Brady.

199th selection in the 2000 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots.

A lot of guys got drafted that low and never got a chance to show what they got.

Here is another great reason to do it. If the backup qb shows he's good, you can trade him for someone good. If you never show what your 2nd and 3rd string qb's can do, no other teams will want them. Let them show what they got in the 4th quarter when the games a blow out or when it's the Lions 1 and 12 record.

Although, I think Jared Goff got better at the end of the season. The team showed promise at the end of the season. I feel ok about next season. Doesn't feel like next year is a rebuild year like this year was.

Still I'd like to see what David Blough and Tim Boyle can do. I've never seen either of them play.

If actual systemic racism existed it would be easy to prove
It’s already been proven. Most of the Fortune 500 companies have diversity programs to solve it. White women have made the most gains. Still 86% of the CEOs are white men. The other 14% are women, Asians, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs.

In a country as diverse as ours only 14%? I’m a white dude and I’m not even buying it.

I agree, it's sounds noble that the coach says "WE ARE PLAYING OUR GUTS OUT TRYING TO WIN EVERY GAME!". But if you are out of the playoffs, then clearly it's in your teams best interests going forward to get the best draft position and that means losing. The cash bonus allegation would be going over the line and unnecessary anyway. Like you said, just pull starters from a few key positions.

I agree, it's sounds noble that the coach says "WE ARE PLAYING OUR GUTS OUT TRYING TO WIN EVERY GAME!". But if you are out of the playoffs, then clearly it's in your teams best interests going forward to get the best draft position and that means losing. The cash bonus allegation would be going over the line and unnecessary anyway. Like you said, just pull starters from a few key positions.
And don’t give the worst team first pick. If you didn’t make the playoffs you’re in the lottery. That’s it

What’s the divide? The players make tons of money. The salary cap is set based on revenue. Players have tons of power, and influence. What exactly is the “racist“ divide?

It's not about the money, you stupid tool. It's about opportunity, and respect. Players have zero power or influence in the game. It's the all white owners' who have power and influence.

It's amazing to this non-American that you keep passing laws that no white person should be told stuff that makes them "feel bad" about being white, and then you call black kids "thugs", and then tell them daily that they aren't as morally or intellectually equal to white people. Talk about your double standards.

The stress of living with racism all of their lives means that black people in the USA live much shorter lives than white people - even middle class black people with full health insurance coverage and access. It's not an economic difference, it's having to navigate their way in a world that will always view them as "lesser beings".

This has been the case for at least 30 years, and not just in the NFL. Baseball and hockey have similar policies. Over the years, there have been frequent allegations in all of these leagues that teams were tanking it for the #1 draft pick. Often times, they would bargain it away to a richer team in return for players who weren't going to the minor leagues for three seasons.

While speculation of such tactics have been rampart for years, this is the first time we've seen proof of owners demanding more losses for the draft pick. Since you get first pick in every round, it's a good way for aging teams to rebuild. But yeah, if you're having a bad season, why not phone it in the rest of the way and get something out it?

It's not about the money, you stupid tool. It's about opportunity, and respect. Players have zero power or influence in the game. It's the all white owners' who have power and influence.

It's amazing to this non-American that you keep passing laws that no white person should be told stuff that makes them "feel bad" about being white, and then you call black kids "thugs", and then tell them daily that they aren't as morally or intellectually equal to white people. Talk about your double standards.

The stress of living with racism all of their lives means that black people in the USA live much shorter lives than white people - even middle class black people with full health insurance coverage and access. It's not an economic difference, it's having to navigate their way in a world that will always view them as "lesser beings".

This has been the case for at least 30 years, and not just in the NFL. Baseball and hockey have similar policies. Over the years, there have been frequent allegations in all of these leagues that teams were tanking it for the #1 draft pick. Often times, they would bargain it away to a richer team in return for players who weren't going to the minor leagues for three seasons.

While speculation of such tactics have been rampart for years, this is the first time we've seen proof of owners demanding more losses for the draft pick. Since you get first pick in every round, it's a good way for aging teams to rebuild. But yeah, if you're having a bad season, why not phone it in the rest of the way and get something out it?
What opportunity is being withheld from NFL players exactly? What respect? What power do you think they should have that they don't? Which laws have been passed that say a white person can't be told stuff that "makes them feel bad"? What the ever-loving fuck are you talking about?

It’s already been proven. Most of the Fortune 500 companies have diversity programs to solve it. White women have made the most gains. Still 86% of the CEOs are white men. The other 14% are women, Asians, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs.

In a country as diverse as ours only 14%? I’m a white dude and I’m not even buying it.
Systems only do what they are designed to do. They don't have feelings or opinions. So unless there is a racist law or policy the "system" isnt racist. Differing outcomes do not equate to some disparity in the "system", doesn't mean there isn't but it doesn't mean there is either. You are going to have to point to some racist law or policy or you're just chasing ghosts.

It's good strategy. Chess players sacrifice pieces for a better position all the time.

Systems only do what they are designed to do. They don't have feelings or opinions. So unless there is a racist law or policy the "system" isnt racist. Differing outcomes do not equate to some disparity in the "system", doesn't mean there isn't but it doesn't mean there is either. You are going to have to point to some racist law or policy or you're just chasing ghosts.
So if 15% of the population commits 49% of the crime you’re not going to point to the numbers as evidence of something?

If we never did affirmative action there still would be even more than 86% of CEOs being white males.

That’s what stupid white women don’t understand. They’re insulted b3cause they want to earn the job but they don’t realize without affirmative action none of them would still have been given a shot.

Smart people in corporate America understand bias and systemic racism exist and they are combating it despite your denial that it exists.

Forum List

Back