The abolitionist John Brown was a terrorist and deserved to be executed.

• 1. True

• 2. False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chuz Life

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2015
USA
Very straightforward poll and discussion on a not so simple topic.

Before you vote, do some reading on the life and actions of the abolitionist, John Brown.

Use multiple sources if you want to be thorough.

Start here. Share any other links in your responses.

I was planning on creating a thread about John Brown at some point, but you beat me to it.

No, he was one of America's greatest Americans.

America was too steeped in their bigotry and racism to realize the wrong they committed when they prematurely took his life.

He should be on the 1 dollar bill.

We can, and should, make many statues of him all over the country.

I was planning on creating a thread about John Brown at some point, but you beat me to it.

No, he was one of America's greatest Americans.

America was too steeped in their bigotry and racism to realize the wrong they committed when they prematurely took his life.

He should be on the 1 dollar bill.

We can, and should, make many statues of him all over the country.

So, the difference between John Brown and any other violent political activist. . . .

Is. . .

What?

This (poll) is one of those questions that only gets more difficult to answer, with the more information and understanding one can attain.

For what it is worth, you can change your vote at any time.

John Brown lived with a government that allowed him to make change in a democratic way. There were anti slavery factions elected to congress. He could have helped his cause in a political way, but he chose terrorism, and paid the price. Compare him to those during the revolution of 1776. The British did not give the colonist that option .

My emotions side with John Brown didn't deserve to be executed but I changed my "False" to "True" soon after considering that those killed by his actions didn't deserve to die. Plus if he didn't pay the price and die for what he believed in, his life wouldn't be worth remembering.

My emotions side with John Brown didn't deserve to be executed but I changed my "False" to "True" soon after considering that those killed by his actions didn't deserve to die. Plus if he didn't pay the price and die for what he believed in, his life wouldn't be worth remembering.

On a pure emotional level, I agree with you.

However, I generally try to NOT make decisions based purely upon my emotions.

Forum List

Back