Joe, shower us with money and win our love

I know for a fact that corporations in the US pay a FRACTION of the tax rates of normal people.

So how many millions of necessary jobs, goods, and services do normal people create? How much do they invest in community projects, how many groundbreaking innovations do they come up with, and how many billions of dollars in charitable donations do these "normal people" donate?

You haven't thought it through, sorry.
If they are "giving" something back they have to "own" it in the first place.
Yes, they OWN the taxes I paid them. They don't OWN the rest of my money. Just like Panasonic has a right to the money you paid them for a TV.

Who said I was British? I'm not, I'm Belgian. As for education. Students in Belgium score quite alot better in math and sciences than Americans. I did an equivalency test in the US for high-school to avoid having to translate my own high-school diploma in the US and the material in there was stuff I saw in my last year of middle-school more or less.

Anyway you asked me for specific things that are available to me and not Americans and I gave them to you. Trying to deflect from your own question does not change that.

Belgium is even worse. The Flemish can't stand the Walloons (lazy French bastards that they are) and there is constant talk of dividing the country in two. Belgium is often unable to agree to a government for years.....yes I said years without forming a government because they hate each other so much.

Regarding primary and secondary education the US system is broken and desperately needs to be revamped. In higher education however Belgium doesn't have a university in the top 10. In fact you can't find a Belgium university in the top 100.

Fck the UK can be proud it's not Belgium.

No, you wont understand freedom and individuality. Thats why we kicked yalls statist asses.
You are no more free than I am. In fact, probably less so. Not only that unless you refuse to use anything that uses federal money, including roads you aren't exercising freedom, what you are doing is boasting you are selfish. After all how else do you describe someone who's perfectly happy to reap the benefits society provides but balks at the cost of it?

Belgium is even worse. The Flemish can't stand the Walloons (lazy French bastards that they are) and there is constant talk of dividing the country in two. Belgium is often unable to agree to a government for years.....yes I said years without forming a government because they hate each other so much.

Regarding primary and secondary education the US system is broken and desperately needs to be revamped. In higher education however Belgium doesn't have a university in the top 10. In fact you can't find a Belgium university in the top 100.

Fck the UK can be proud it's not Belgium.

You do find one in the top 100. World University Rankings 2020

Yes, we have trouble forming governments. This happens in a country that has something like 12 parties divided over 2 regions, 3 languages, and different cultures. Yet we function perfectly fine without an official government being formed. ( the old one simply remains in power until the winners of the election form a government). And again I gave you highly specific examples of things that are available to me and not most Americans and the only thing you can do is try to find flaws in my country so you don't have to acknowledge that fact.

So how many millions of necessary jobs, goods, and services do normal people create? How much do they invest in community projects, how many groundbreaking innovations do they come up with, and how many billions of dollars in charitable donations do these "normal people" donate?
The government that represents the people has come up with thousands of groundbreaking discoveries, taxpayer-funded and a lot of which FACILITATE the groundbreaking discoveries people make. Without government, no internet, no grants to projects that haven't got easy to see cost benifit.

You are no more free than I am. In fact, probably less so. Not only that unless you refuse to use anything that uses federal money, including roads you aren't exercising freedom, what you are doing is boasting you are selfish. After all how else do you describe someone who's perfectly happy to reap the benefits society provides but balks at the cost of it?

Roads in the US are paid for through state income and sales taxes, road tolls, state and federal gasoline taxes and other tax sources. Everything the government spends money on comes from taxpayers, whether it is federal, state or local government. The only thing government produces is inefficiency.

Now you are just blabbering.
My point was, letting people keep money THAT IS THEIRS is not giving them anything.
Your outlook implies the govt owns what we make. Which is not true.
When you come to america, eat some freedom fries and wake the fuck up.

Please explain why you think this matters
First of all. No, I don't have to explain why it matters since this was simply a rebuff to someone who claimed the opposite.

But I'm a good sport and I will answer anyway. It matters because someone who earns 30000 dollars and has to pay 6000 of that in taxes loses in his standard of living. A corporation that turns 1 billion in profit can lose 200 million of that profit and still will be perfectly fine.

Last edited:
The only thing government produces is inefficiency.
You think so. The US spends 16.89 of its GDP on its for-profit healthcare system. 3rd highest in the world.
Belgium, or for that matter all countries with socialized healthcare spend about 40 percent less. Current health expenditure (% of GDP) | Data

I go to a pharmacy with a script. It gets filled no questions asked. Not an hour later after some pharmacy tech calls my insurance company to check if this particular medicine is covered for instance.

Now you are just blabbering.
My point was, letting people keep money THAT IS THEIRS is not giving them anything.
When you come to america, eat some freedom fries and wake the fuck up.
No, it doesn't. It implies that running a government costs money. That money has to come from somewhere. You are suggesting that somehow you can have the benefits that a government provides without having to fund it.

No, it doesn't. It implies that running a government costs money. That money has to come from somewhere. You are suggesting that somehow you can have the benefits that a government provides without having to fund it.
Is english your 19th language?
WTF is wrong with you?
Our public education system sucks but at least i can fucking read and dont imagine shit that isnt there. Go ME! :D

Is english your 19th language?
WTF is wrong with you?
Our public education system sucks but at least i can fucking read and dont imagine shit that isnt there. Go ME! :D
No English is my fourth. How many do you speak? As for the rest. You did say this right?
Letting people or establishments keep more of their money, isnt showering them with anything. Its letting them keep more of their money.
To which I replied this.
What I never understand is this idea that you can have a functioning society with all the things that go with it without having to provide money to fund it.
And you replied with this
No, you wont understand freedom and individuality. Thats why we kicked yalls statist asses.
Does that not imply, that not paying taxes is a manifestation of "freedom and individuality"?

No English is my fourth. How many do you speak? As for the rest. You did say this right?

To which I replied this.

Does that not imply, that not paying taxes is a manifestation of "freedom and individuality"?
No. I didnt give a shit about your stupid deflection. Wasnt responding to that at all. Thats why I said "no"
Maybe my response wasnt clear.

You do find one in the top 100. World University Rankings 2020

Yes, we have trouble forming governments. This happens in a country that has something like 12 parties divided over 2 regions, 3 languages, and different cultures. Yet we function perfectly fine without an official government being formed. ( the old one simply remains in power until the winners of the election form a government). And again I gave you highly specific examples of things that are available to me and not most Americans and the only thing you can do is try to find flaws in my country so you don't have to acknowledge that fact.
Stop with the non-sense. Many Belgians are deeply unhappy about what is happening in their country. You want to brag about vacation time, unemployment benefits, school costs and training if you lose your job but the Flemish seriously hate the Walloons and are tired of carrying the load. Your future is uncertain and what little you have to be happy about now could quickly change:

"To some extent, it makes sense that out of all the regions within Belgium, Flanders appears to be the one most eager to leave. The Dutch-speaking north is commonly considered to be more economically stable than the Francophone south, as evidenced by its lower unemployment rate and higher economic productivity. A combination of economic confidence and dissatisfaction with growing nationalistic pride is a common thread between separatist movements, and together they are likely responsible for the increasing calls for Flemish independence or at the very least confederation."

To which I replied this.

Clarify it then. What is your stance on taxation?

Stop with the non-sense. Many Belgians are deeply unhappy about what is happening in their country. You want to brag about vacation time, unemployment benefits, school costs and training if you lose your job but the Flemish seriously hate the Walloons and are tired of carrying the load. Your future is uncertain and what little you have to be happy about now could quickly change:

"To some extent, it makes sense that out of all the regions within Belgium, Flanders appears to be the one most eager to leave. The Dutch-speaking north is commonly considered to be more economically stable than the Francophone south, as evidenced by its lower unemployment rate and higher economic productivity. A combination of economic confidence and dissatisfaction with growing nationalistic pride is a common thread between separatist movements, and together they are likely responsible for the increasing calls for Flemish independence or at the very least confederation."

I'm not entirely sure an American should lecture anyone on being deeply unhappy with their fellow citizens. It will be a long time before the Belgian parliament will look like this.

Attachments

• 1627412477356.png
    1627412477356.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 12
Things need to be funded, obviously. Thats why i called your deflection "stupid"
Any more "stupid" than this?

This is a strawman. I at least can show you how I took what you wrote as a position that rejects taxation in its entirety.

Anyway. If you accept the fact that you need taxation in order to fund the government what particular beef do you have with me? Since that is the position I've taken throughout this OP?

Any more "stupid" than this?

This is a strawman. I at least can show you how I took what you wrote as a position that rejects taxation in its entirety.

Anyway. If you accept the fact that you need taxation in order to fund the government what particular beef do you have with me? Since that is the position I've taken throughout this OP?
Waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more stupid. Your position actually implies that.
It isnt a strawman. You said people keeping more of THEIR OWN MONEY is the govt giving them money. Obviously, that is completely illogical.

Forum List

Back