Joe Rogan Says He Refused Trump As Podcast Guest —“I Don’t Want To Help Him”: Rogan also referred to Trump as “existential threat to democracy itself"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Joe Rogan just revealed he has rejected Trump’s interview requests multiple times. “I don’t want to help him. I’m not interested in helping him.”

Joe Rogan just revealed he has rejected Trump’s interview requests multiple times. “I don’t want to help him. I’m not interested in helping him.”

But when Trump was in office, he happily groveled and defended him. Typical of too many who talk about Free Speech and are a target of Cancel Culture but then is afraid to give people a platform to have voters decide for themselves.

This guy should find the courage and integrity (I did say "grow some balls, but I have to stop being so street as it lowers my own I.Q) and invite him on and ask tough questions. Better yet, why doesn't he tell us who he would vote for since he is getting political now.

He is happy to entertain all types of conspiracies and defend creative theories, but having on the former President is "helping him"?

Someone owns this guy it appears, or else he's just a common day hypocrite. I enjoyed his interviews with Elon Musk though, I give him that.

Last edited:
Uh oh, Rogan is an evil Satan commie now.

I just don't understand the constitution of society that is afraid of open dialogue and/or asking tough questions.

Tucker Carlson, who is hit and miss with me; had on Avenatti and challenged him to his face. He clearly didn't like/respect/care for the man, but, he brought him on and called him out. THAT is how you engage in such an interview with ANYONE. Even if Maddow or Samantha Bee brought on someone they didn't like and duked it out, I would respect their principle to challenge others, not ducking the debate.

You have to have a minimum standard of decorum, especially in allowing guests to respond, but he could have said "I will ask you tough questions and challenge you as I do anyone". Even preface the interview in such a way before he comes on so his listeners know.

I just don't get todays society where even the men we are supposed to look at as libertarian of sorts loses their principle of interesting discussion instead of challenging others.

I just don't understand the constitution of society that is afraid of open dialogue and/or asking tough questions.

Tucker Carlson, who is hit and miss with me; had on Avenatti and challenged him to his face. He clearly didn't like/respect/care for the man, but, he brought him on and called him out. THAT is how you engage in such an interview with ANYONE. Even if Maddow or Samantha Bee brought on someone they didn't like and duked it out, I would respect their principle to challenge others, not ducking the debate.

You have to have a minimum standard of decorum, especially in allowing guests to respond, but he could have said "I will ask you tough questions and challenge you as I do anyone". Even preface the interview in such a way before he comes on so his listeners know.

I just don't get todays society where even the men we are supposed to look at as libertarian of sorts loses their principle of interesting discussion instead of challenging others.
Having been in "the media" for about 18 years in a former life, I can tell you that those who often interview controversial people for a living have to decide if such an interview (a) only gives that person more exposure and opportunity to create damage and therefore not worth it, or (b) lets them hang themselves publicly, with the interviewer's help. And both carry the risk of pushing sensationalism. That can be a fine line, and the interviewer knows they may hurt themselves if they make the wrong choice.

Me, I'd pick (b), particularly in this case. Trump is used to softball interviews from his adoring MAGA media, and some tough questions would be great fun.

All the fear, hate, violence, and bigotry the left expended on him was for nothing!

LOL

He has his own opinions, I disagree. But I'm cool with it.

Every time I've seen Trump interviewed, one on one, he does great. The Media doesn't want him to look good. They want to record a two-hour interview, and cherry-pick a phrase or two to make him look bad.

Rogan is probably right. Trump is too close to being a declared candidate.

Having been in "the media" for about 18 years in a former life, I can tell you that those who often interview controversial people for a living have to decide if such an interview (a) only gives that person more exposure and opportunity to create damage and therefore not worth it, or (b) lets them hang themselves publicly, with the interviewer's help. And both carry the risk of pushing sensationalism. That can be a fine line, and the interviewer knows they may hurt themselves if they make the wrong choice.

Me, I'd pick (b), particularly in this case. Trump is used to softball interviews from his adoring MAGA media, and some tough questions would be great fun.

Absolutely.

Who calls themselves an influencer in media but won't take on the interview of the former president?

You can outline for him your expectations, "I am going to as you tough but fir questions about 1/6 and other controversial questions". Trump can decide if he is in the mood for such an approach. As long as Rogan is respectful and fair in allowing Trump ample time to respond, why not do it?

Call me old school but there is a reason I relate more to Americans than Canadians, a comment like this from Rogan just deflates my opinion of him.

Cons and libs, two sides of the same coin.

Lets go name for name. You name a Con who pushed for Rogan to be cancelled and I will name a lib.

You need a new gimmick.

Who do you want to be the Jo Jorgensen of 2024?

How would it HELP Trump to go on the Rogan show?

Couldnt JOE expose Trump’s lies? Wouldnt exposing Trump HURT Trump?

Can someone explain to me how Trump going on Rogan would HELP Trump?

Forum List

Back