Joe Manchin wants people to....( Oh the horror!) Work!

Yeah...whew...yikes. Well, not everyone is a mensa...and to be fair, Stephen Hawking used his brain to make his money..and he was pretty adept before he was wheelchair bound.
But sure...analogy away...sigh...:)

And not everyone in a wheelchair is paralyzed from the neck down. What did xiden say, "they should learn to code"?

And not everyone in a wheelchair is paralyzed from the neck down. What did xiden say, "they should learn to code"?

I'm sorry, isn't that the same type of excuse/explanation you right wingers put forward when advancements and adjustments in our social safety nets are proposed??
"Pull yourself up by your bootstraps"...well, kinda hard to do that when you are confined to a wheelchair.

Hey Tiger..ever sat in a wheelchair for an extended period of time?? I have...and it's not a picnic....and I gotta say, bringing up coal miners constantly does your side's argument no good.
Those jobs are being slowly eliminated...by the companies and people that actually employ them..not by environmental laws...or Democrats..or liberals...or progressives.

Get employers to pay wages people can live on.
This. I knew this was on the horizon in the next ten years or so but the pandemic sped it up to a point where it's now right here in front of us. Honestly, you really have to work two, maybe three jobs in an unskilled capacity to just meet basic living needs??..Yikes.
Next big ticket item to come up?? Affordable housing. $2500/month for a two bedroom apartment??? Sheesh.

And your left loon belief that the handicapped can’t work isn’t dealing in reality.
Well, sorry hun. Again. Firsthand experience. Life isn't black and right...:auiqs.jpg:
For example. Sit in a wheelchair for 5 or 6 hours..then try to roll up to a keyboard
and type (not code) for a bit. Just type. Type a letter...then get back to me.

I'm sorry, isn't that the same type of excuse/explanation you right wingers put forward when advancements and adjustments in our social safety nets are proposed??
"Pull yourself up by your bootstraps"...well, kinda hard to do that when you are confined to a wheelchair.

Hey Tiger..ever sat in a wheelchair for an extended period of time?? I have...and it's not a picnic....and I gotta say, bringing up coal miners constantly does your side's argument no good.
Those jobs are being slowly eliminated...by the companies and people that actually employ them..not by environmental laws...or Democrats..or liberals...or progressives.

Define an extended period of time.

This. I knew this was on the horizon in the next ten years or so but the pandemic sped it up to a point where it's now right here in front of us. Honestly, you really have to work two, maybe three jobs in an unskilled capacity to just meet basic living needs??..Yikes.
Next big ticket item to come up?? Affordable housing. $2500/month for a two bedroom apartment??? Sheesh.

LMAO, I don't pay that for a 3 bedroom home on 1 acre.

Well, sorry hun. Again. Firsthand experience. Life isn't black and right...:auiqs.jpg:
For example. Sit in a wheelchair for 5 or 6 hours..then try to roll up to a keyboard
and type (not code) for a bit. Just type. Type a letter...then get back to me.
You think you are the only one with first hand experience? We have two vet’s that work at the hospital…one that lost both arms and wears prosthetics…works in our cash department posting checks to patients accounts. The other lost both legs and an arm. Works loading hospital contracts.

The handicapped are not helpless.

You think you are the only one with first hand experience? We have two vet’s that work at the hospital…one that lost both arms and wears prosthetics…works in our cash department posting checks to patients accounts. The other lost both legs and an arm. Works loading hospital contracts.

The handicapped are not helpless.
Swell. If they can do that..fab. Again, not everyone is capable of this. That's the problem with broadbrushing.

"Manchin Suggests People Should Work to Get Biden Child Tax Credit" Manchin suggests people should work to get Biden child tax credit

Well there goes Joe's invitation to all of the DC Christmas parties this year. How dare he proposed such a hideous and monstrous idea!
Why the hell would anyone want to work when they can sit on their ass and just be handed free money?

Jo

Why should we discriminate against stay at home mothers? We are only talking about $3,600 a year. That is not enough to make anyone independently wealthy. Joe Manchin is a crooked fascist who has been bought off by big business.

"Manchin Suggests People Should Work to Get Biden Child Tax Credit" Manchin suggests people should work to get Biden child tax credit

Well there goes Joe's invitation to all of the DC Christmas parties this year. How dare he proposed such a hideous and monstrous idea!
Why the hell would anyone want to work when they can sit on their ass and just be handed free money?

Jo

Manchin is a self-serving attention whore! Grifting runs in the family.

—Senator Joe Manchin to Bloomberg News in September 2016. His daughter Heather Manchin Bresch, the CEO of Mylan, had raised the price of EpiPens by almost 500% since 2009.

Heather’s brilliant career was launched after Joe Manchin introduced her to the CEO of Mylan. Although her claim to have a Master’s Degree in Business Administration was exposed as a lie, her fast rise to the top was unimpeded. Heather had something better than a degree, she had real audacity. And so she quadrupled the price of a drug that several million US Americans must have on hand and buy every year. (Somebody ought to confirm that epinephrine degrades significantly in a year. It might be a pseudo-scientific marketing device like Dial Soap’s famous “Rinse and repeat.”)

Heather’s salary rose from $2.5 million in 2007 to $18.9 million in 2015. She was then 45 years old and would have become the poster child of Pharmaceutical Industry Greed had it not been for Martin Shkreli, who raised the price of the anti-parasitic drug Diapram from $13.50 to $750.

Give me six hours. And you sit. Don't move from the waist down.

I give you fifteen minutes before your legs start falling asleep. :)

I was in a chair for 7 weeks when I broke my hip, then another 11 on crutches. BTW, paraplegics that can't move anything from the waist down usually don't have any feeling there either.

That's why I support amending the Constitution and eliminating individual income taxes, as the Founders' intended. No way exploit what's not there.
It has been proven time and again that a consumption based tax system generates far and away the largest revenue stream. The problem with it is that it does not tickle the ears of the mentally vacantt egalitarians who are more concerned with how many people are holding a paddle than whether or not the boat has a huge hole in the bottom of it.

Jo

Forum List

Back