Joe Manchin wants people to....( Oh the horror!) Work!

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
"Manchin Suggests People Should Work to Get Biden Child Tax Credit" Manchin suggests people should work to get Biden child tax credit

Well there goes Joe's invitation to all of the DC Christmas parties this year. How dare he proposed such a hideous and monstrous idea!
Why the hell would anyone want to work when they can sit on their ass and just be handed free money?

Jo

"Manchin Suggests People Should Work to Get Biden Child Tax Credit" Manchin suggests people should work to get Biden child tax credit

Well there goes Joe's invitation to all of the DC Christmas parties this year. How dare he proposed such a hideous and monstrous idea!
Why the hell would anyone want to work when they can sit on their ass and just be handed free money?

Jo
Not always possible to go back to work. Have seen this firsthand. How do you tell someone that is injured and in a wheelchair (through no fault of their own) that they have to work to survive..and not be cast out on to the streets?
This is a typical right wing suggestion. A compromise that leans in the conservative direction. Joe is just pandering to his red base in WV. Shortly though, he's going to have a moment of clarity. And that moment will tell him his time is up
in 2024...no matter what he votes for or doesn't vote for. So, he can come out and poo-poo the supplemental budget...but you know he has a number that he'll say yes to...and that scares Republicans to death. :)

Not always possible to go back to work. Have seen this firsthand. How do you tell someone that is injured and in a wheelchair (through no fault of their own) that they have to work to survive..and not be cast out on to the streets?
This is a typical right wing suggestion. A compromise that leans in the conservative direction. Joe is just pandering to his red base in WV. Shortly though, he's going to have a moment of clarity. And that moment will tell him his time is up
in 2024...no matter what he votes for or doesn't vote for. So, he can come out and poo-poo the supplemental budget...but you know he has a number that he'll say yes to...and that scares Republicans to death. :)

Excuse me, didn't Stephen Hawking work?

Are you saying wheel chair bound people are incapable of working?

Excuse me, didn't Stephen Hawking work?

Yeah...whew...yikes. Well, not everyone is a mensa...and to be fair, Stephen Hawking used his brain to make his money..and he was pretty adept before he was wheelchair bound.
But sure...analogy away...sigh...:)

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's been going on longer than I've been alive. I've always paid higher taxes because I chose not to have kids.

That's why I support amending the Constitution and eliminating individual income taxes, as the Founders' intended. No way exploit what's not there.

Forum List

Back