Joe Biden says Social Security and Medicare need to be on the table to solve deficits.

Again, multiple people including myself have provided you with evidence.
You choose to deny.

Won't matter how many times you say it, or how loud you deny.
It is Republicans that have continuously advocated for the cutting of these programs.
Sorry..but thanks for playing anyway. :)
Sorry, you have provided no such evidence.

The closest thing you Clowns have is Rick Scott suggesting every program needs to be reviewed every 5 years.

You have nobody saying they want to cut SS and Medicare. Nobody.

Once again, abortion isn't a right. You just can't help yourself, can you.
During Gorsuch's confirmation hearing in early 2017, he refused to take a position on Roe. He told Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., that he "would have walked out the door" had Trump asked him to overturn Roe.

Gorsuch took the uncontroversial line that Roe is a precedent. Precedent is the "anchor of law," he said. "It is the starting place for a judge."

"I would tell you that Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court. It has been reaffirmed," he said. "A good judge will consider it as precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court worthy as treatment of precedent like any other."

Gorsuch acknowledged that the Supreme Court had held that a fetus is not a person for the purposes of the 14th Amendment's due process clause, a legal underpinning of Roe v. Wade.

"Do you accept that?" asked Durbin.

"That is the law of the land. I accept the law of the land, senator, yes," Gorsuch replied.

------------------------------

"much was made of a private meeting between Kavanaugh and Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who said the nominee had told her he considered Roe to be "settled law."

But Kavanaugh stopped short of repeating that line in his hearing, instead focusing on Roe's status as Supreme Court precedent.

"It is settled as a precedent of the Supreme Court, entitled the respect under principles of stare decisis," he said. "The Supreme Court has recognized the right to abortion since the 1973 Roe v. Wade case. It has reaffirmed it many times."

-----------------------------

Perhaps the most revealing moment for Barrett came as she was being questioned by Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., who asked if Barrett considered Roe to be a "super-precedent."

Barrett answered by defining super-precedent as "cases that are so well settled that no political actors and no people seriously push for their overruling."

"And I'm answering a lot of questions about Roe, which I think indicates that Roe doesn't fall in that category," she said.

"Roe is not a super-precedent because calls for its overruling have never ceased. But that doesn't mean that Roe should be overruled. It just means that it doesn't fall in the small handful of cases like Marbury v. Madison and Brown v. Board that no one questions anymore," she added.

But that was different, they're not really trying to gut SS and Medicare..............

During Gorsuch's confirmation hearing in early 2017, he refused to take a position on Roe. He told Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., that he "would have walked out the door" had Trump asked him to overturn Roe.

Gorsuch took the uncontroversial line that Roe is a precedent. Precedent is the "anchor of law," he said. "It is the starting place for a judge."

"I would tell you that Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court. It has been reaffirmed," he said. "A good judge will consider it as precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court worthy as treatment of precedent like any other."

Gorsuch acknowledged that the Supreme Court had held that a fetus is not a person for the purposes of the 14th Amendment's due process clause, a legal underpinning of Roe v. Wade.

"That is the law of the land. I accept the law of the land, senator, yes," Gorsuch replied.

"much was made of a private meeting between Kavanaugh and Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who said the nominee had told her he considered Roe to be "settled law."

But Kavanaugh stopped short of repeating that line in his hearing, instead focusing on Roe's status as Supreme Court precedent.

"It is settled as a precedent of the Supreme Court, entitled the respect under principles of stare decisis," he said. "The Supreme Court has recognized the right to abortion since the 1973 Roe v. Wade case. It has reaffirmed it many times."

Perhaps the most revealing moment for Barrett came as she was being questioned by Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., who asked if Barrett considered Roe to be a "super-precedent."

Barrett answered by defining super-precedent as "cases that are so well settled that no political actors and no people seriously push for their overruling."

"And I'm answering a lot of questions about Roe, which I think indicates that Roe doesn't fall in that category," she said.

"Roe is not a super-precedent because calls for its overruling have never ceased. But that doesn't mean that Roe should be overruled. It just means that it doesn't fall in the small handful of cases like Marbury v. Madison and Brown v. Board that no one questions anymore," she added.

But that was different, they're not really trying to gut SS and Medicare..............

Not a Roe thread, Troll.

You lost that one because of the Constitution. Deal with it.

Yeah, so what's your point?

You have provided exactly ZERO EVIDENCE of any Republican trying to gut SS and Medicare, liar.
SHORT MEMORY,
only have to go back as far as G bush, start there.
Its not about bashing Any political party.
its about not making things worse by abandoning seniors.

Trust fund reserve = Treasury Account, is valued at about 2.8 trillion dollars. Use to be over 4 trillion before the babyboomers started drawing benefits.

You should try reading your link sometime.

"But as we have seen, there is no trust fund to be looted, only a Treasury account. And Congress is only doing what the Social Security law requires."

Joe's 87000 irs agents are not going after the rich...they are going after waiters, waitresses AND bartenders for their unreported tips. Was Joe lying last nite?
Who they would have really went after is small businesses. By design.
The Corporate Democrats and Republicans want small businesses to go away. PERIOD.
No matter what they say. Small business revenue/profits are not investable. And that is how ALL of these people make most of their money.
The fewer small businesses there are, the more money that goes to corporations, the more return on share values.

Trust fund reserve = Treasury Account, is valued at about 2.8 trillion dollars. Use to be over 4 trillion before the babyboomers started drawing benefits.

You should try reading your link sometime.

"But as we have seen, there is no trust fund to be looted, only a Treasury account. And Congress is only doing what the Social Security law requires."
You referenced a trust fund. There is none.

All the account has is IOUs. Congress has pissed it away.

That's what they said about Roe v Wade. It's settled law, we're not trying to take that right away from women.
um you don’t have a constitutional right to SS or Medicare either

both programs have good benefits though, amd the gop wants to keep them around…they need major reform…and have…even your current cult leader xiden realized that when he wasn’t a demafasict puppet

Forum List

Back