Joe Biden IS Gutting Our First Amendment (Free Speech)

Feel free to start your own newspaper or website or rent a hall so you can say whatever you want. No one owes you a venue.

Exactly. Feel free to start your own newspaper or website or rent a hall so you can say whatever you want. No one owes you a venue. :itsok: :hyper: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

Let's take a look at the now becoming famous Politico story that broke the news a few days ago about Biden and the 1st Amendment (free speech). >> “Biden allied groups, including the Democratic National Committee, are also planning to engage fact-checkers more aggressively and work with SMS carriers to dispel misinformation about vaccines that is sent over social media and text messages.”

Jen Psaki, whose job as press secretary is devoted to making the outlandish sound routine, elaborated on the plan Thursday and confirmed it’s already in operation. Within the Surgeon General’s Office, we’re flagging posts for Facebook that spread disinformation,” Psaki said. “We’re working with doctors and medical professionals to connect medical experts with people, who are popular with their audiences, with accurate information and boost trusted content. So, we’re helping get trusted content out there.”

So the government is not only “flagging” people it doesn’t like, it’s also helping to “boost trusted content.”
“It’s important to take faster action against harmful posts,”
Psaki added. “As you all know, information travels quite quickly on social media platforms. Sometimes it’s not accurate, and Facebook needs to move more quickly to remove harmful violative posts.”

Her words,not accurate” and “harmful violative posts,” are so vague as to give the government an open-ended license to push Facebook and other platforms to censor almost anything somebody in the White House doesn’t like.

Sure, this all starts with disagreements over COVID, but why would it end there? Suppose there’s a story about, oh, let’s take a wild stab and say the foreign business interests of the president’s son that also implicate the president.

Might there be any pressure on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and others to block the story from being shared? Does any of this sound familiar? Psaki dug a deeper hole Friday by arguing that people banned from one social media platform should also be banned from others. Her proposal effectively urges the companies to create a unified ban against American citizens.

On top of Biden’s inflammatory accusation, her remarks and the government’s actions make it clear we are far down the slippery slope.

There’s already one example of the potential impacts. The Post’s expose on Hunter Biden’s laptop last October was blocked by Big Tech for two crucial weeks while voting in the presidential election was underway. Later, a poll found most voters were not aware of the stories, and some 8 percent said they would have voted differently had they known the facts. Most folks might not be seeing how huge this all is.

Thanks to Michael Goodwin at the New York Post for supplying this much of this harrowing information.

What? They're going to censor text messages?

Bullshit, man. That's WAY over the top.

I hope the new Congress shuts these assholes down. Like, the entire Executive branch. Defund them! lol :p

Yes
What is being implemented now is odious
I don’t know if USMB is under the gun yet but internet posting that are dismissive of Covid are disappearing in droves as this false premise of “you are killing people” is another emotional fiction that has gained traction. Pretty much comments or opinions that endorse the panic are the only ones that can remain
Very very very sinister and it’s lib loons faults for being such sheepish advocates of lockdowns and other freedom grabbing compliance.
Man that was good

I'm still waiting to see how the President is gutting our 1st amendment right to free speech.

Are we still talking about social media?

No, it isn't. If you come in my house demanding to be able to talk about what a great president Trump was, my throwing you out is not curtailing your free speech.

And the feds are not in control of the content of FaceBook, Twitter or any other social media.

Kind of like, if I come to your hotel and I'm black, you throwing me out is your prerogative.... Exactly the same principle.

Earlier in this thread it was about censorship on privately owned sites. That is why I asked.
The government is telling those privately owned sites what to censor. It amounts to fascism when business pushes government policies and does their bidding. It seems to be what we have.

whenspeech is impeded or bocked in the private sector, it becomes blocked in thepublic eventually

When a big tech co. is so big no one can get a word in edgewise to refute any bs it spoutates..

I'm thinking Monopoly, for one.. free speech impingement for another

The government is telling those privately owned sites what to censor. It amounts to fascism when business pushes government policies and does their bidding. It seems to be what we have.

Or the privately owned sites agrees with the gov't. If a liberal builds a massive company, should he be required to run it the way others think he should?

whenspeech is impeded or bocked in the private sector, it becomes blocked in thepublic eventually

When a big tech co. is so big no one can get a word in edgewise to refute any bs it spoutates..

I'm thinking Monopoly, for one.. free speech impingement for another

Free speech is one of our rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. But the Bill of Rights is about protecting our rights from infringement by the gov't.

Limiting your speech on a private platform is not violating your free speech.

Idiot, the government partnering up with or using big tech to censure you from talking about anything they do not like or want you to talk about is the very DEFINITION of exactly what the 1st Amendment was created for to PROTECT!

The first move of any tyranny is to first deprive its subjects from expressing any opposition to its own activities! This is no different from the state-run media of China, North Korea or elsewhere, asshole. WTFU.

As soon as the State is free from examination or scrutiny much less exposure by oppressing then criminalizing free dialog about their activities, they are free to do most anything.

This is SO unAmerican and undemocratic, it really pales in the light that all democrats rail about these days is threats to democracy!!! :1peleas:

History teaches that every takeover of a country begins with a thousand small steps.

Or the privately owned sites agrees with the gov't. If a liberal builds a massive company, should he be required to run it the way others think he should?
The government is picking favorites and they return the favor by pushing the woke agenda. Take Pay Pal fining customers for misinformation. Who do you think tells them that is misinformation? Our government does. The Executive branch is intimidating those who do not cooperate.

Forum List

Back