Joe Biden Invites Family of George Floyd To the White House; Could Have Been Holte Family

Maybe what we SHOULD do is address the root causes of crime, such as poverty, racism, mental illness, the proliferation of guns, addiction.
1. Most people living in poverty do not commit crime. If they can be law-abiding, so can the criminals.

2. The primary victims of racism are whites (Affirmative Action discrimination), yet whites commit less crime than blacks.

3. Proliferation of guns REDUCES crime. Every mass shooting in America over the past 10 years, has been in a gun-free zone. A green light invitation to the mass shooter.

My first impression was that the cops murdered George Floyd via positional asphyxiation, and I said so with some pretty strong words here at USMB.

However, things are not always as they seem at first glance. Weeks later after thoroughly examining the full bodycam videos and the toxicology report, I realized that I was wrong and had to eat my initial hasty words and change my opinion regarding the matter.

George Floyd clearly overdosed.

In political parlance that's apparently called "flip-flopping". From a philosophically reasonable and rational standpoint, that's simply admitting that you made a mistake and changing your viewpoint accordingly in light of more complete information.
I found myself in exactly the same situation. And you and I are not alone. As I stated in the OP the % of Americans who think that George Floyd was murdered, went from 60% in late 2020, to 36% in March, and it's probably less than that now,

1. Most people living in poverty do not commit crime. If they can be law-abiding, so can the criminals.

Most people in poverty are probably breaking some kind of law, they probably don't realize it.

2. The primary victims of racism are whites (Affirmative Action discrimination), yet whites commit less crime than blacks.

The primary beneficiaries of AA have been white women.
No, AA does not make up for the levels of racism that exist in the workplace.

3. Proliferation of guns REDUCES crime. Every mass shooting in America over the past 10 years, has been in a gun-free zone. A green light invitation to the mass shooter.
Uh, guy, we have 39,000 gun deaths a year. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

I found myself in exactly the same situation. And you and I are not alone. As I stated in the OP the % of Americans who think that George Floyd was murdered, went from 60% in late 2020, to 36% in March, and it's probably less than that now,

Uh, sorry, dude, you're just plain wrong.

Three in four Americans think the jury reached the right verdict in which former police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murder in the death of George Floyd, a majority view that spans across all racial, age and partisan groups.

The survey found 71% of Americans agreed Chauvin was guilty, and most Americans surveyed followed at least some coverage of the three-week trial. When participants were identified by political affiliation, Democrats strongly concurred, at 85%, with Republicans at 55% and independents at 71%. The results were based on an online survey of 1,000 American adults from all states.

More than three-quarters of Americans say they are satisfied with the guilty verdict in the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd last spring in Minneapolis, according to a CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. Just 16% are dissatisfied with the outcome.

Joe Biden is inviting the family of George Floyd to the White House. This is despite the fact that only a relatively small minority of Americans (36%) now think that George Floyd was murdered. This according to a USA TODAY/Ipsos poll taken in March, and the % might be even lower now, as the trend has been downward from 60% in late 2020.

Why doesn't Biden invite the family of Cody Holte to the White House ? Never heard of Cody Holte ? Oh, how surprising! Cody Holte was the white police officer who was gunned down by a worthless, black dirtbag, Salamah Pendelton, a 20 time arrested, criminal, scofflaw, trashbag nuisance.

View attachment 492113

Cody Holte also was a 1st Lieutenant in the Army Reserve and Army National Guard, having served for 10 years. He was in an Army Corps of Engineers unit, a detachment commander, and was a paratrooper.

This guy was an immense credit to his community, who leaves behind a wife and infant son.

View attachment 492114

Joe Biden once again shows how he is so good at doing things exactly the wrong way.
Biden wants to keep priming the racial pump and make sure that everyone thinks he gives a damn.
Floyd's family has been treated like royalty, buried him in a golden coffin, gave him $27 million, Biden claims George Floyd was more important than MLK, Nancy Pelosi thanked GF for dying for their causes.

Forum List

Back