Joe Biden During Remarks on Texas Mass Shooting: “The Second Amendment is Not Absolute” (VIDEO)

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
Yeah- said we weren't allowed to own cannon.

The hell we weren't.

The man knows nothing.

He'd stutter and droll if you asked him what size shoe he wore.

You know what? IF the first amendment right to free speech isn’t an absolute (and I hesitantly agree that it isn’t), then I’m okay with seeing the 2d Amendment as something other than absolute, too. In each instance, however, those Constitutionally guaranteed rights are close to absolute. And to the extent that some exceptions must exist, they need to be very precisely carved-out and the rights need to be treated very deferentially.

I’m not sure the Alzheimer’s Patient in Chief is up to the important task of helping to define those very limited exceptions. But I’d be willing to give my assent to a discussion by and between the proponents and opponents of “gun control.” Like a real President once said, in sum and substance, we should never fear to negotiate but we should never negotiate out of fear. — JFK.

That said, I get it: Very reasonable fellow conservatives fear the slippery slope. Give the gun-grabbers an inch, and they’ll demand the rest of the mile. So agreeing to even discuss it or concede that it might be subject to negotiations does pose the risk that they will eventually erode the 2d Amendment to the point of effectively repealing it. Guards and barriers would need to be set up so clearly and firmly that no further incursions could even be sought.

Is it possible? I don’t know. I personally don’t trust liberal Democrats. I saw what they did with the Reagan compromise on illegal immigrant amnesty. They can’t be trusted. But it might nevertheless still be appropriate to at least meet with them. Then we can see if they are of a kind to be realistic.

Our Natural Rights, including the Right to keep and bear arms... any arms... is inalienable. Shall not be infringed is absolute and clear as the inside of Biden's hollow skull.

The courts have ruled otherwise....you can be limited or infringed if you want to call it that, in your right to bear arms, and it's constitutional according to settled Supreme court cases brought over the years.

Our Natural Rights, including the Right to keep and bear arms... any arms... is inalienable. Shall not be infringed is absolute and clear as the inside of Biden's hollow skull.

Already is…

You can’t own a Uzi without a special permit and FBI clearance, so yeah it isn’t absolute…

Machine guns, grenades, nukes and the like.....
Machine guns aren't illegal they are just crazy expensive. I have no reason to own grenades right now unless the Government unconstitutionally decides to come for my guns. The nuke thing is the fucking stupidest argument in the history of gun control nobody but billionaires could afford to buy and maintain them.

The courts have ruled otherwise....you can be limited or infringed if you want to call it that, in your right to bear arms, and it's constitutional according to settled Supreme court cases brought over the years.
The Supreme Morons have been wrong more than they've been right.

“When in God’s name will we do what needs to be done to, if not completely stop, fundamentally change the amount of the carnage that goes on in this country?” said Biden, a lifelong grifter who spent 50 years of his life in government.

“I’m just sick and tired,” he added.
I can agree with that.
Biden attacked the Second Amendment as he delivered remarks on the Texas shooting.

“The Second Amendment is not absolute. When it was passed, you couldn’t own a cannon…there’s always been limitations,” said Biden.
This is a treasonous statement, in my opinion. He took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the USA including the Bill of Rights. If he is suggesting that the Second Amendment is something that he can ignore, he is wrong.

The fact that a teenager was mentally ill and went on a killing spree has nothing to do with the Second Amendment. Instead, it is a symptom of the failed policies of an increasingly liberalized education system. If that young man was taught about spirituality and encouraged to study the proven benefits of the Word that has been handed down to us for thousands of years (from practically any of the great religions), he might have had better tools to cope with life's challenges. Instead, our government is teaching our kids that they are just animals: any old morals or behavior they choose to believe is ok.

THAT is what needs to be done, and Biden needs to read his own remarks: "in God's name" is the answer, not screwing around with the peoples' means of self-protection.

New Topics

Forum List

Back