Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly Amid Labor Shortage: 412,000 Americans filed for initial jobless benefits, a month-long high.

Most of this is surrounding the changing economy as brought about by the home office worker.
Meaning that high skill and educated workforce is still employed and has a huge shortage of qualified labor.

Lower skilled labor is indifferent about working as unemployment benefits are equal to paychecks. But the fly in the ointment is that many low skilled jobs are evaporating. From the office supply delivery person to the office lunch caterer....their jobs have vanished. Not coming back. Everything is online...no need for a paper filled office with office politics.
No need for conference room equipment as they don't need a conference room anymore.
This is what is coming...and nobody really wants to recognize it. Denial is a river in Egypt type mentality is fully in force here.

So adjustments are needing to be made. The office supply delivery person needs to sign up for Uber Eats and call it a day. (And get a new attitude while at it)

Sure, the food processing industry is desperate...but that has more to do with wages and productivity and spacing out of employees than anything else. And many are enjoying their unemployment benefits. The mortgage payment on deferment as well as their student loans for an unfinished degree.

The disparity between the upper middle class and poor just got wider with the evaporation of lower middle class.

Most of this is surrounding the changing economy as brought about by the home office worker.
Meaning that high skill and educated workforce is still employed and has a huge shortage of qualified labor.

Lower skilled labor is indifferent about working as unemployment benefits are equal to paychecks. But the fly in the ointment is that many low skilled jobs are evaporating. From the office supply delivery person to the office lunch caterer....their jobs have vanished. Not coming back. Everything is online...no need for a paper filled office with office politics.
No need for conference room equipment as they don't need a conference room anymore.
This is what is coming...and nobody really wants to recognize it. Denial is a river in Egypt type mentality is fully in force here.

So adjustments are needing to be made. The office supply delivery person needs to sign up for Uber Eats and call it a day. (And get a new attitude while at it)

Sure, the food processing industry is desperate...but that has more to do with wages and productivity and spacing out of employees than anything else. And many are enjoying their unemployment benefits. The mortgage payment on deferment as well as their student loans for an unfinished degree.

The disparity between the upper middle class and poor just got wider with the evaporation of lower middle class.
You definitely have intelligence rookie and welcome.

Can you try to sum up a post in 3 sentences. Lot of people don't have the time or IQ to read long posts.

More people will read short posts. Looks like you have 4 good posts in your novel.

Just a suggestion

The office scene is a vital part of the business.

Especially watching the red head and blond all day wishing you could get them in a closet

Can you try to sum up a post in 3 sentences. Lot of people don't have the time or IQ to read long posts.

More people will read short posts. Looks like you have 4 good posts in your novel.

Just a suggestion
I wish I could explain it in a sound byte...but economics is a somewhat complicated subject.

And I play with stocks and commodities based on these economics. (And several people follow my advice doing the same)

I'm not exactly political as much as just trying to navigate my friends and family through it.

Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly Amid Labor Shortage: 412,000 Americans filed for initial jobless benefits, a month-long high.​

All the while that piss poor excuse of a president keeps feeding them free money, what a worthless man.

Just a suggestion
I wish I could explain it in a sound byte...but economics is a somewhat complicated subject.

And I play with stocks and commodities based on these economics. (And several people follow my advice doing the same)

I'm not exactly political as much as just trying to navigate my friends and family through it.
I just come here to bust balls, laugh, and be a real prick while doing it

The office scene is a vital part of the business.

Especially watching the red head and blond all day wishing you could get them in a closet
LoL...but very much so. And a lot of that portion of the economy is gone. Crushed out of existence.

That blonde and red head don't buy clothes and make-up anymore (to get your attention) like they used to. They don't drive their cars into yours.

There are lawn signs all over the city advertising high paying blue collar jobs.Your analysis is a joke. Setting up office equip doesn't pay crap.

There are lawn signs all over the city advertising high paying blue collar jobs.Your analysis is a joke. Setting up office equip doesn't pay crap.
Blue collar jobs doesn't mean unskilled and uneducated...

Electricians are considered blue collar...but that doesn't mean that they are uneducated or low skilled by any means. A three pole two throw switch is not for the uneducated to wire up. Nevermind the building codes that a construction worker has to comply with.

Just saying... blue collar work is NOT synonymous with low skilled or uneducated.

The jobs you described as going away are blue collar ......your entire logistics system is freezing up due to lack of help.

The jobs you described as going away are blue collar ......your entire logistics system is freezing up due to lack of help.
Logistics employs low skilled labor but there is a top of that which is not low skilled. The top of that which is highly skilled and educated is still in high demand. There's a shortage of those people. The guy who drives the delivery van...those we got plenty of. But both are considered blue collar jobs.
Nursing is a blue collar job...but not uneducated or unskilled.
I understand that you are trying to create a "sound byte" here but that is not going to solve the real problems facing us.

I've found that when blue and red actually work together for a reasonable solution (instead of just finger pointing) some really good things can happen.

Logistics employs low skilled labor but there is a top of that which is not low skilled. The top of that which is highly skilled and educated is still in high demand. There's a shortage of those people. The guy who drives the delivery van...those we got plenty of. But both are considered blue collar jobs.
I understand that you are trying to create a "sound byte" here but that is not going to solve the real problems facing us.

I've found that when blue and red actually work together for a reasonable solution (instead of just finger pointing) some really good things can happen.
Not talking package delivery. Talking freight.

My starter went out on my Explorer... it has been sitting a week. And will be sitting for several more, everywhere are waiting lists up to 6 weeks out.
Never experienced this before. The place I normally go told me 4 to 5 weeks. So I asked "is there that many people with car problems?" - she said no. They only have 2 guys in the shop, where before they had 6. They can't find anyone to hire.
Meanwhile... every fucking day I see young males riding around in mopeds, walking along the streets... all hours of the day. They have no intention of getting a job when they receive an equivalent of $12/hr in unemployment checks for doing nothing.

Operating a forklift or lull isn't high skilled either. But organization of the yard to be distributed is.

Just a suggestion

We don't have a character limit here. If you cannot follow long posts go to twitter.

Not talking package delivery. Talking freight

Operating a forklift or lull isn't high skilled either. But organization of the yard to be distributed is.
You really are a know nothing idiot.

My starter went out on my Explorer... it has been sitting a week. And will be sitting for several more, everywhere are waiting lists up to 6 weeks out.
Never experienced this before. The place I normally go told me 4 to 5 weeks. So I asked "is there that many people with car problems?" - she said no. They only have 2 guys in the shop, where before they had 6. They can't find anyone to hire.
Meanwhile... every fucking day I see young males riding around in mopeds, walking along the streets... all hours of the day. They have no intention of getting a job when they receive an equivalent of $12/hr in unemployment checks for doing nothing.
Good mechanics have become high skilled labor... automobiles are not as simple as they once were. They might have grease under their nails but they aren't cheap like they used to be. The oil change guy? He is low skilled.

Forum List

Back