Jobless claims drop to lowest level since 2008

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits dropped to a 4-1/2 year low last week, suggesting that hiring may be picking up after stalling since the spring.

The Labor Department reported Thursday that new jobless claims dropped a seasonally-adjusted 30,000 to 339,000, the lowest since February 2008. The four-week moving average, considered a more accurate gauge of labor market conditions, slid 11,500 to 364,000.

The report is the second slice of good news for the ailing job market in less than a week. President Barack Obama is in an increasingly close battle with GOP rival Mitt Romney with less than a month to go until the presidential election and upbeat data on housing and jobs recently could help boost Obama's chances.

Jobless claims drop to lowest level since 2008 - Economy Watch

Sure - and Obama is doing a wonderful job too.

The "Labor Dept." ????

Who heads that?

Isn't' that a political appointee job (Obama)?

Sure it is.

Well it would be great except that ONE very LARGE State didn't report....ya oughta do your homework.

I knew I'd get some ridiculous responses from the right. You're the first one!!! That's the best you can do??

there will be another UE Report Nov. 2 the Friday (4 days) before the elections - that one should settle the matter.

OOPS!!

They forgot California.....that's not a large "blue" state is it? I'm sure it was a harmless, unintentional error. They weren't hiding a thing, nothing to see here......move along.

On
-Part time jobs
-People leaving the work force
-Receiving benefits

We would be better off doing what China is doing and putting together thousands of projects to promote employment. I'd much rather let the private sector do it, but what the hay.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, so if the employment number comes out, and it's a bad number for Obama the story is buried. If the number is a good number for Obama its followed by an 'Ooops' we made a mistake of forgot something ... We will correct it with the next report

Got it

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits dropped to a 4-1/2 year low last week, suggesting that hiring may be picking up after stalling since the spring.

The Labor Department reported Thursday that new jobless claims dropped a seasonally-adjusted 30,000 to 339,000, the lowest since February 2008. The four-week moving average, considered a more accurate gauge of labor market conditions, slid 11,500 to 364,000.

The report is the second slice of good news for the ailing job market in less than a week. President Barack Obama is in an increasingly close battle with GOP rival Mitt Romney with less than a month to go until the presidential election and upbeat data on housing and jobs recently could help boost Obama's chances.

Jobless claims drop to lowest level since 2008 - Economy Watch

Shameless of you people to help Obama Mislead America. California was not counted.

That's not spin honey, that's a fact. The Largest State Economy in America Failed to Report it's Numbers. Which makes this week's Numbers appear much better than they really are.

Last edited:
Well it would be great except that ONE very LARGE State didn't report....ya oughta do your homework.

I knew I'd get some ridiculous responses from the right. You're the first one!!! That's the best you can do??

Really?

I am sorry sweetie but you really are stupid.

Its out there...the truth that is.

First of all, I am not your sweetie. Secondly, I am not stupid. You are. Yes, the truth is out there. So I repeat. Is that the best you can do??

Forum List

Back