Jo Jorgensen for President

that we should limit ourselves to only voting for D and R candidates in the meantime.
Then no, you aren't understanding. I am saying you ARE voting for them in the meantime, whether you want to or not. That is the nature of a binary choice and a vote tally. Try as you might, you are not going to talk your way out of this mathematical fact. The game is rigged, and you are playing even if you refuse to play.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
if trump and biden are tied at 99 votes and jo has 50, if i vote for jo she now has 51 and trump and biden are still tied.....the only one i helped would be jo....

Like it or not either Trump or Biden is getting elected. Voting for anyone else is a total waste
Oh, it is worst than "a waste". It is, ironically, a net vote for the one of the major candidates the voter prefers the least. Buying a lottery ticket is "wasting a dollar". This is more like picking the person you hate the most and giving them a dollar.

I agree. That’s why you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. However this time around the election is a choice between Bevis and Butthead. Who knows who is worse?
that old voting for the lessor of 2 evils shit is still voting for evil.....voting for Dracula over Lucifer means you are still going to get fucked....

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.
The ticket is EXTREMELY bottom heavy with Spike Cohen at VP.

1C5A2E26-916C-4329-A131-486ABA3F6DEE.jpeg

:woohoo:

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
if trump and biden are tied at 99 votes and jo has 50, if i vote for jo she now has 51 and trump and biden are still tied.....the only one i helped would be jo....
No. You haven't helped Jo do anything but spend her campaign money. You have helped the one of the major two candidates you least prefer by not voting for the only other person that can possibly win. That is the consequence of what is, essentially, your non-vote. The net result is the same as if you had stayed home.

Like it or not either Trump or Biden is getting elected. Voting for anyone else is a total waste
Oh, it is worst than "a waste". It is, ironically, a net vote for the one of the major candidates the voter prefers the least. Buying a lottery ticket is "wasting a dollar". This is more like picking the person you hate the most and giving them a dollar.

I agree. That’s why you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. However this time around the election is a choice between Bevis and Butthead. Who knows who is worse?
that old voting for the lessor of 2 evils shit is still voting for evil.....voting for Dracula over Lucifer means you are still going to get fucked....

And voting for some obscure candidate most of the country has never ever heard of won’t stop you from getting fucked.

No. You haven't helped Jo do anything but spend her campaign money. You have helped the one of the major two candidates you least prefer by not voting for the only other person that can possibly win. That is the consequence of what is, essentially, your non-vote. The net result is the same as if you had stayed home.
we can argue about this all day fort....i wont vote for someone i dont like....if the big 2 cant convince me to vote for one of them,thats on them,and i wont vote for the "lessor" of 2 evils bullshit.....voting for evil is still evil....a normal person would not vote for evil just because....

we can argue about this all day fort.
You can argue about it for eternity, and the mathematical reality of this will remain. You aren't going to talk your way out of it. It's not your fault. It is the result of a binary choice combined with a tally. You are in a rigged game, and you are playing it whether you want to play it or not.

"Evil"

Woah there, Shaman, slow down on the moon juice..

And voting for some obscure candidate most of the country has never ever heard of won’t stop you from getting fucked.
then going by your attitude you are going to get fucked no matter who runs....

You can argue about it for eternity, and the mathematical reality of this will remain. You aren't going to talk your way out of it. It's not your fault. It is the result of a binary choice combined with a tally. You are in a rigged game, and you are playing it whether you want to play it or not.

"Evil"

what moon juice?.....how many times have we seen right here in this forum from both sides about the "lessor" of 2 evils shit?...rocko just said it above....

"Evil"

what moon juice?.....how many times have we seen right here in this forum from both sides about the "lessor" of 2 evils shit?...rocko just said it above....
And I told him I hated that saying. It's simple.

As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.

As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.
And as i told you the first time, maybe that is true of you. Speak for yourself.

Haha...trust me, they wont be able to tell your vote from anyone else's. So again, that is you making the election more about feeling good about yourself than about what is best for the country.

Know what REALLY says, "Keep up the good work!"? Getting elected. Which is what you are going to help the major candidate that you least prefer do.

And as i told you the first time, maybe that is true of you. Speak for yourself.

Haha...trust me, they wont be able to tell your vote from anyone else's. So again, that is you making the election more about feeling good about yourself than about what is best for the country.

Know what REALLY says, "Keep up the good work!"? Getting elected. Which is what you are going to help the major candidate that you least prefer do.
I seriously doubt people who cast their vote for the Libertarian party would have otherwise voted for Biden. Those votes would have been Trump votes.

Your premise is false.

How does the mantra go? "I used to be a republican but now I'm going to waste my vote on a 3rd party". Yeah right.

Your premise is false.
What premise is that? I think you might have confused yourself there. I didn't make any partisan comments. What i am saying applies as it applies. If the result of me convincing everyone in this election is Trump winning, then so be it. Clarity is good.

How does the mantra go? "I used to be a republican but now I'm going to waste my vote on a 3rd party". Yeah right.
It is not a wasted vote any more than yours is.

It is retarded to expect someone should vote for someone they cannot stand. Flat out retarded.

Yours is the argument of a slave.

Your premise is false.
What premise is that? I think you might have confused yourself there. I didn't make any partisan comments. What i am saying applies as it applies. If the result of me convincing everyone in this election is Trump winning, then so be it. Clarity is good.
If you put a gun to my head and demanded I pick either Trump or Biden, I would say, "Pull the trigger."

This is how much I hate the both of them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back