Jo Jorgensen for President

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

Unless she completely goes off the rails in the next few months, she's got my vote.

What a waste. We should be focusing our energy on public financing of elections, so that there can be viable 3rd party candidates. Until we do, a vote for a 3rd party candidate is just a vote for the least preferred of the two major candidates.

Unless she completely goes off the rails in the next few months, she's got my vote.
She went off the rails when she had her Ayn Rand epiphany, as far as I am concerned.

She went off the rails when she had her Ayn Rand epiphany, as far as I am concerned.

Cool story, bro. I'm voting her.

Good for you! Which of the 2 major candidates do you least prefer? Because you are also casting a net vote for him. Ironic, eh?

Good for you! Which of the 2 major candidates do you least prefer? Because you are also casting a net vote for him. Ironic, eh?

That old horeshit? Seriously, that con doesn't work on me.

That old horeshit? Seriously, that con doesn't work on me.
It's a mathematical reality. A tantrum isn't going to change that. You aren't going to put words in just the right order to slither out from under a mathematical fact.

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.
That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.

The primary directive in this election for all Americans should be to remove the Democrats and their likeminded from power.

Once done, we can discuss any other differences without their nonsensical drive to Communism.

The VP on Jo's ticket has set an agenda that the Democrats will find hard to beat.

Meet Jeremy "Spike" Cohen

"And so, when running for the veep nomination, Cohen trumped Supreme’s free-pony promise (politicians promise people everything, you see) with an extra offer of free cheesy bread and Waffle Houses on every corner. He also added to Supreme’s long-standing pledge to fund time-travel research and then go back to kill Baby Adolf Hitler with a pledge to kill Baby Woodrow Wilson, too."

"Let’s just stipulate that Spike Cohen, like Vermin Supreme, is at best an acquired taste. Aside from all the aggressive trolling, he self-identifies as an anarchist. On the positive side, from a seriousness point of view, he does not wear a boot on his head."

What's not to like????

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.
That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse. How did we get to a place where most voters are voting, on purpose, for a bad candidate? How do we expect that kind of idiocy to produce anything but bad results?

Someone once said that if you don't see a candidate on the ballot you can vote for, pick the one you like the least and vote for the candidate most likely to defeat them. It's sounds reasonable. But the idea is poison, and it's destroying democracy. If you really love your country, find a candidate you can vote for, and do so. Or write someone in. But for fuck's sake don't vote for a bad candidate on purpose!

I'm not particularly a fan of big L libertarianism, I'm pretty much a small l libertarian. There's a lot of problems with the party platform, and that's a reflection of the big tent.

But I'll likely vote for her just as a non-consent vote.

The main thing is getting a third party on the debate stage. Both sides of the party of one have worked hard, changed rules, cheated and stolen in years passed in order to keep them off the debate stage. The two big parties don't wanna talk about the real critical issues of the day anymore. They're afraid of it. They;re afraid of it because they both share all of the responsibility for the mess the country is in. Without a reasonable third party voice on the debate stage, there just won't be any semblance of debate any deeper than a mud puddle.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back