Jindal angry at BP and feds

It is a natural thing, but this is getting bad. I don't understand where or what the Feds have been doing. I can't believe we do not have the Technology to handle this mess.

Gov. Jindal was critical of the amount of boom his state received to ward off the oil seeping toward the coastline. But his major gripe comes at the expense of the Army Corps of Engineers, who have yet to give the go-ahead for the building of sand booms to protect the Louisiana wetlands. He used photographic evidence of oil breaking through hard booms, soft booms and another layer of protection, before being finally being corralled by a sand boom built by the National Guard.

"It is so much better for us. We don't want oil on one inch of Louisiana's coastline, but we'd much rather fight this oil off of a hard coast, off of an island, off of an island, off of a sandy beach on our coastal islands, rather than having to fight it inside in these wetlands," Gov. Jindal said, making the case for sand booms.

The governor said he has been forced to protect Louisiana without the approval of the Army Corps of Engineers, which is weighing the ecological impact of the construction of more sand booms.

"We are not waiting for them. We are going to build it," Jindal said.

"We can either fight battle -- we can fight this oil -- on the Barrier Islands 15 to 20 miles off of our coast, or we can face it in thousands of miles of fragmented wetlands," Gov. Jindal said, clearing favoring the first option. "Every day we're not given approval on this emergency permit to create more of these sand booms is another day when that choice is made for us, as more and more miles of our shore are hit by oil."

The oil spill, which has lasted 33 days since the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, has yet to be stopped by British Petroleum at the source. The situation is dire for Gulf coast states.

Jindal tired of waiting for approval, to build sand booms

Evidently, Jindal does not listen to Lush Rimbaugh. If he did, he would just sit back and relax, realizing that the oil would miraculously go away. It is a natural thing, you know. The face and voice of the Republican Party said so! Just chill out Jindal!

"It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."
quote Lush Rimbaugh
Many people don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Apparently you, though, do. Do you enjoy his show?

This is such a disaster, I don't think many really grasp how far reaching this could be. What appears to be is that the corporations and industry and running our country. They laugh in the face of oversight, because they've dimantled our oversight agencies, and own our elected officials. Campaign finance reform is needed immediately and surely. Then maybe we can break the hold they have on our lawmakers and alleged problem solvers.

It is a natural thing, but this is getting bad. I don't understand where or what the Feds have been doing. I can't believe we do not have the Technology to handle this mess.

Ollie, millions of gallons of oil pumped into the Gul is not natural. Limbaugh is referring the natural seaping of underground oil into the oceans.

Evidently, Jindal does not listen to Lush Rimbaugh. If he did, he would just sit back and relax, realizing that the oil would miraculously go away. It is a natural thing, you know. The face and voice of the Republican Party said so! Just chill out Jindal!

quote Lush Rimbaugh
Many people don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Apparently you, though, do. Do you enjoy his show?

Don't be a jackass. His guotes are all over the web.

quote Lush Rimbaugh

Don't be a jackass. His guotes are all over the web.

So, you enjoy the internet, eh? Do you do a lot of online research in your spare time?

quote Lush Rimbaugh

Atta boy Piyush!!!! Keep this shit up and you may be the first Republican to ever get my vote!

Ollie, millions of gallons of oil pumped into the Gul is not natural. Limbaugh is referring the natural seaping of underground oil into the oceans.

It is natural spread out over a year or more. But this should have been fixed long ago. Why was it allowed to get this bad? Yet not a word about the Federal Government not taking any action, yet Bush was crucified for Katrina.

Where is the Fed on this? Why hasn't Obama motivated more response? And why are the Obamabots ignoring it?

Forum List

Back