Jimmy Carr sparked outrage on roma holocaust joke

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
I just found out what Jimmy Carr exactly said He said: "When we talk about the Holocaust we only mention the sad 6 million Jews but no one talks about the thousands of Gypsies because no one wants to mention the positive aspect" then laughing etc.

I dont know what Jimmy Carrs opinion is on Gypsies, or if he thinks that it is good to kill gypsies, but his joke reflects the opinions and views of mainstream in many countries, like i said killing a gypsy doesnt cause outrage in many places, it is like killing a feral rat or insect. His joke reflects also a critical view on society. I dont know if that is his intention behind the joke, but instead of sueing for hate speech I would use that joke as to educate the people about the critical part of society on that issue.

Sick humor and bad joke. But, even so: it was a joke. I don’t think it was meant literally.

I would use that joke to educate the people. Like "Thank you Mr. Jimmy Carr you brought up a sensitive issue and critical view of society in your joke". I would not sue him with hate speech. Also I believe in freedom of speech.

I would use that joke to educate the people. Like "Thank you Mr. Jimmy Carr you brought up a sensitive issue and critical view of society in your joke". I would not sue him with hate speech. Also I believe in freedom of speech.
I’ve harbored a different view of you. I am pleased to see I was mistaken. You seem like a pretty good man.

Punishment for 'hate speech' is a tool of control people. Society that calls itself free shouldn't have such a thing in its legal code.

When you watch a comedian, don't take jokes seriously, they're just a play on words and a laugh, and no need to analyse them.

And I suggest those who are 'sensitive' in nature, avoid Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle. If you don't mind swearing, Gary Delaney, and no swearing, Tim Vine.

Forum List

Back