Jewish prayer songs and Hebrew songs (popular/classic)

2015: May 23–25

Shavuot: Today You Become a Nation

Baruch Hashem...

Shavuot, the day that The Almighty gave the Ten Commandments to Moses on Mount Sinai, is in essence the birthday of the Jewish people. Every year, for a birthday present, we receive the Torah with a renewed freshness, just as the day it was given on Sinai

Last edited:
Shavuot in Jerusalem w/Carol Cantrell singing, Western Wall

Inspiring music video with clips at the Western Wall in Jerusalem on Shavuot, the Feast of Weeks. This Jewish pilgrimage gathers tens of thousands of worshipers from all over Israel at the Wall plaza where they pray and read the Torah all night. At sunrise, the traditional Amidah prayer is recited in unity with passion.

Inspiring music video with clips at the Western Wall in Jerusalem on Shavuot, the Feast of Weeks. This Jewish pilgrimage gathers tens of thousands of worshipers from all over Israel at the Wall plaza where they pray and read the Torah all night. At sunrise, the traditional Amidah prayer is recited in unity with passion.

Thank you.

I am sorry I haven't been on much. That was great.

I kind of like this one.

The MI Supreme Court gave our shul a win over Chabad of Michigan.

Lawsuit Dismissed in Michigan Chabad Feud - Chabadinfo.com

I was also quoted in this week's Jewish News. They had an article about the win and they quoted me in the last paragraph.

I'm Ilan Aldouby

Thank you.

I kind of like this one.

I was also quoted in this week's Jewish News. They had an article about the win and they quoted me in the last paragraph.

I'm Ilan Aldouby

That's great news!

Thank you.

I kind of like this one.

I'm Ilan Aldouby

Congratulations!

Tisha B'Av (help·info) (Hebrew: תשעה באב‎ or ט׳ באב, "the Ninth of Av,") is an annual fast day in Judaism, named for the ninth day (Tisha) of the month of Av in the Hebrew calendar. The fast commemorates the destruction of both the First Temple and Second Temple in Jerusalem, which occurred about 490 years apart, but on the same Hebrew calendar date.[1] Although primarily meant to commemorate the destruction of the Temples, it is also considered appropriate to commemorate other Jewish tragedies that occurred on this day, most notably the expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492.[2] Accordingly, the day has been called the "saddest day in Jewish history".[3]
Tisha B'Av falls in July or August in the western calendar. When the ninth of Av falls on Saturday (the Sabbath), the observance is deferred to Sunday the tenth. While the day recalls general tragedies which have befallen the Jewish people over the ages, the day focuses on commemoration of five events: the destruction of the two ancient Temples in Jerusalem, the sin of ten of the twelve scouts sent by Moses, who spoke disparagingly about the Promised Land, the razing of Jerusalem following the siege of Jerusalem in 70 CE, and the failure of Bar Kokhba's revolt against the Roman Empire.
The fast lasts about 25 hours, beginning at sunset on the eve of Tisha B'Av and ending at nightfall the next day. In addition to the prohibitions against eating or drinking, observant Jews also observe prohibitions against washing or bathing, applying creams or oils, wearing leather shoes, and engaging in sexual activity. In addition, mourning customs similar to those applicable to the shiva period immediately following the death of a close relative are traditionally followed for at least part of the day, including sitting on low stools, refraining from work, and not greeting others.
The Book of Lamentations is traditionally read, followed by the kinnot, a series of liturgical lamentations. In many Sephardic and Yemenite communities, and formerly also among Ashkenazim, it is also customary to read the Book of Job

Forum List

Back