Jets/Packers Negotiations

Once again the Packers don't need to trade Rodgers.
Depends on what you mean by need. They need him off the roster. They need the cap space. They need him away from the organization. They need the draft capital regardless of what that is. Does the franchise cease to exist if they don’t trade him? No. But they are in a significantly better spot if they do. You keep acting like the Packers are in the same spot whether they trade Rodgers or not and that’s not remotely true.

Depends on what you mean by need. They need him off the roster. They need the cap space. They need him away from the organization. They need the draft capital regardless of what that is. Does the franchise cease to exist if they don’t trade him? No. But they are in a significantly better spot if they do. You keep acting like the Packers are in the same spot whether they trade Rodgers or not and that’s not remotely true.
Why are you so concerned with Rodgers? Are you a Jets fan?

No. You're delusion about this trade is far more interesting to me than the actual trade. I don't think Rodgers is nearly as good as people tend to believe.
If Rodgers isn't that good then why are the Jets pursuing him? Are they making a mistake?

If Rodgers isn't that good then why are the Jets pursuing him? Are they making a mistake?
In a word yes. Though I guess it depends on what they have to give up. If it's their extra 2nd rder this year? Ok. The reality is having Rodgers doenst make the Jets good enough to win a SB or even get there. Not in the AFC.

In a word yes. Though I guess it depends on what they have to give up. If it's their extra 2nd rder this year? Ok. The reality is having Rodgers doenst make the Jets good enough to win a SB or even get there. Not in the AFC.
The Jets are a poorly run organization.

yeah. Doesn't mean they should give the Packers their 1st round pick this year, nor that the Packers have any leverage to demand it.
The Jets could have signed either Jimmy Garoppolo or Derek Carr as free agents. Both are younger and more inexpensive than 40 year old Rodgers.

My point is why pay for a one or two year rental on an old QB when there were younger and cheaper options available.
It’s a good question. They went after Carr but FAs get a vote. Carr took the Saints offer. Garappalo is a game manager who’s been been hurt a lot.

If I were the Jets GM I’d be going after Lamar after the draft

It’s a good question. They went after Carr but FAs get a vote. Carr took the Saints offer. Garappalo is a game manager who’s been been hurt a lot.

If I were the Jets GM I’d be going after Lamar after the draft
Lamar Jackson would be a logical target for the Jets. He is only 26 and a top five QB.

Forum List

Back