Zone1 Jesus foretold by the old Prophets in the Old Testament / Hebrew Bible

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
That is definitely proof Jesus was the Son of God...

338380911_1651084445325392_5898051619626756931_n.jpg

1. you won't be sent to hell for being the pigs you are! Just for being pigs.
2. God won't destroy you as a species because you're pigs! But he also won't answer any of your prayers and literally doesn't care anymore about you or your troubles. Cry me a river!
3. You weren't healed but forgotten until you die. You can't heal or forgive the stink off your filthy species. Only once you're dead and your soul becomes an angel can that happen and then yes you become whole. And that is what you gained by this act of pure ungratefulness. The chance.

or could the new testament just have been written to fulfill the prophecies of the old testament
I believe something much simpler took place. Almost every 'prophecy' that took place in the Old Testament was fulfilled in the Old Testament. I think Matthew was a brilliant author. He noticed how the pattern of Jesus' life was the pattern of the events of the Old Testament (Jewish history).

Matthew used the Old Testament as a foreshadowing of the life of Christ. Someone who knows both Judaism and Christianity can see that the story of Jesus mirrors the story of the Jews; the story of the Jews foretells the story of Christ.

Those prophets were more like political pundits of today. They did not try to predict 100s of years in the future. It was more of a if you keep doing this, bad shit will hapen. Isaiah in particular used a lot of familial imagery in the relationship of Israel and God. It was stylistic, not literal predictive.

Daniel 7:9-10
13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a son of man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 And to Him was given dominion,
Honor, and a kingdom,
So that all the peoples, nations, and languages
Might serve Him.

I believe something much simpler took place. Almost every 'prophecy' that took place in the Old Testament was fulfilled in the Old Testament. I think Matthew was a brilliant author. He noticed how the pattern of Jesus' life was the pattern of the events of the Old Testament (Jewish history).

Matthew used the Old Testament as a foreshadowing of the life of Christ. Someone who knows both Judaism and Christianity can see that the story of Jesus mirrors the story of the Jews; the story of the Jews foretells the story of Christ.
But, you are of course, wrong. It's much simpler and correct that Jesus fulfilled prophecy and fulfilled the Law of Moses. Plain and Simple.

But, you are of course, wrong. It's much simpler and correct that Jesus fulfilled prophecy and fulfilled the Law of Moses. Plain and Simple.
The Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) stands beautifully on its own, as does the New Testament. Yes, the first is a foreshadowing of what is to come, and the second provides great insight into how God has always been/is always in our midst.

One like a son of man was coming,
14 And to Him was given dominion,
Honor, and a kingdom,
So that all the peoples, nations, and languages
Might serve Him.

again, when was the command from the heavens made for a religion of servitude, the desert religions - even their misguided interpretation of the beginning, a&e - was a refutation of servitude that in fact was not a sin but an affirmation for self determination ...

not to mention the center of civilization was rome - not a dust bowl in the middleast or even rome would not have satisfied all of civilization - for their boy king of the world to serve.

- mortimer needs to grow up stop living like a dependent child. for the sake of others and for a wholesome society than a tyrannical monarchy.

The Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) stands beautifully on its own, as does the New Testament. Yes, the first is a foreshadowing of what is to come, and the second provides great insight into how God has always been/is always in our midst.
Yes, they do. And, they testify of Jesus Christ as well. Jesus also used the OT to teach with in his parables as well. But, he also pointed out the errors of the Sadducees and Pharisees and their pollutions of the words of the Prophets as well, including Moses.

1Pe 1:10

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: :

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of the Anointing / CHRIST - which was IN them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of the Anointing / CHRIST - and the glory that should follow.

Forum List

Back