Jesus Christus

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
This is a print from an anonymous painting that hangs in a Cathedral in England. My Grandmother had it hanging in the room where I slept 50 years ago, it used to scare the hell out of me because of the eyes. Now I see it as one of the finest paintings I have ever seen. His eyes are closed but in the right light they look open because of the shading the artist put on the eye lids. I scanned it and brought it into Photoshop to bring back some of the color that had been lost over the last 60 years and also to fix some of the wear and tear. When I brought it into Photoshop the shading on the lids became more pronounced and it is harder to see that the eyes are actually closed. I could lighten the lids but I wanted to show you guys what I saw as a kid.

This is a print from an anonymous painting that hangs in a Cathedral in England. My Grandmother had it hanging in the room where I slept 50 years ago, it used to scare the hell out of me because of the eyes. Now I see it as one of the finest paintings I have ever seen. His eyes are closed but in the right light they look open because of the shading the artist put on the eye lids. I scanned it and brought it into Photoshop to bring back some of the color that had been lost over the last 60 years and also to fix some of the wear and tear. When I brought it into Photoshop the shading on the lids became more pronounced and it is harder to see that the eyes are actually closed. I could lighten the lids but I wanted to show you guys what I saw as a kid.

They look closed to me. I think you did a good job.

Forum List

Back