Jesus ascended into Heaven but sent the Holy Spirit... You wonder if the Holy Spirit has now departed us...

hmmm... I wass w/ u until that last paragraph...

???

That paragraph, explaining the vision of a flying scroll, just shows that there are two sides to every word written on the scroll, a reference to scripture, two sides to every story which presents a test as to which way is the only right way to interpret and comply with the instruction that leads to eternal life and terrible and deeply disturbing real life consequences for failing the test, misleading the gullible to their demise, and robbing the dead by lying and beguiling in the name of the Lord.

Last edited:
Some of us talk of the Bible using the way it was intended to be

How many of you are there?

And what do y'all imagine is the way the Bible was intended to be used if not to teach through well known literary expressions designed to make the reader think and learn something of great value?

That paragraph, explaining the vision of a flying scroll, just shows that there are two sides to every word written on the scroll, a reference to scripture, two sides to every story which presents a test as to which way is the only right way to interpret and comply with the instruction that leads to eternal life and terrible and deeply disturbing real life consequences for failing the test, misleading the gullible to their demise, and robbing the dead by lying and beguiling in the name of the Lord.
well, i still don't get it but I won't trouble you any further. i guess it has to do w/ some religious belief I havne't heard of

well, i still don't get it but I won't trouble you any further. i guess it has to do w/ some religious belief I havne't heard of
OK. Read Zechariah 5-8, and see what you come up with...maybe this will help:

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

To Jesus, his disciples, followers, and authors of the flying scroll "the nations" were the enemy.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

The sword that Jesus said he came to bring is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword" :wine:

Take this Flesh and eat it. This is my Body. It explains everything.....All of the pieces fit perfectly.

Last edited:
How many of you are there?

And what do y'all imagine is the way the Bible was intended to be used if not to teach through well known literary expressions designed to make the reader think and learn something of great value?

I am not the one who changes the Scriptures to fit a narrative, that would be you and Surada. The vast majority of Christians regard the Bible as not needing modification.

God is patient. He is waiting for that last soul to be saved then the Rapture.
He is patient

but I don't know about the Rapture.. as explained by some who believe in it... depending on whom that is

not even biblical, much less Church-tradition

I am not the one who changes the Scriptures to fit a narrative, that would be you and Surada. The vast majority of Christians regard the Bible as not needing modification.

So let's just take what you profess to believe and talk about that.

Jesus, an innocent man (who was also fully God. derp) was ridiculed, despised, rejected, tortured, and crucified as a "perfect" (human) sacrifice to God which, in some mysterious way, is supposed to absolve you from bearing responsibility for the guilt of your own sins, a virtual impossibility.

Did you never consider the real possibility that this proposition was a test of your knowledge, belief, character, and love for Jesus and God? Why do you think Jesus warned his disciples to pray to be spared the test when he found them sleeping on the watch, three times, in Gethsemane?

Seriously, can you think of anything more reprehensible, more unethical, not to mention delusional and downright evil, to let an innocent man, or worse, God himself, suffer for your sins so that you don't have to and can even continue to sin with impunity for life as long as you believe that crap?

I hate to break the news to you sonny, you have failed miserably. Your own words condemn you.

You love Jesus and God? Bullshit....You only care about escaping accountability (in vain). Sucker.

Unless you bear fruit worthy of repentance, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Last edited:
So let's just take what you profess to believe and talk about that.

Jesus, an innocent man (who was also fully God. derp) was ridiculed, despised, rejected, tortured, and crucified as a "perfect" (human) sacrifice to God which, in some mysterious way, is supposed to absolve you from bearing responsibility for the guilt of your own sins, a virtual impossibility.

Did you never consider the real possibility that this proposition was a test of your knowledge, belief, character, and love for Jesus and God? Why do you think Jesus warned his disciples to pray to be spared the test when he found them sleeping on the watch, three times, in Gethsemane?

Seriously, can you think of anything more reprehensible, more unethical, not to mention delusional and downright evil, to let an innocent man, or worse, God himself, suffer for your sins so that you don't have to and can even continue to sin with impunity for life as long as you believe that crap?

I hate to break the news to you sonny, you have failed miserably. Your own words condemn you.

You love Jesus and God? Bullshit....You only care about escaping accountability (in vain). Sucker.

Unless you bear fruit worthy of repentance, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven.
i more agree than not

in fact i can't find anything i disagree with... It makes no sense to saythat Jesus did everything and so we dont' have to do anything except accept him as savior.

That is just the beginning of our journey.. Some people seem to think that their little sins are so little God couldn't care less about them. Meanwhile, the people in that person's life... care about them. They have to live with them.. and I know some of them are not happy at all... And then there's the thing about.. At what level is a sin not a big deal w/ God?

well, it is hard to know everything a bout God... that's why we need a Church... The original Church is... well, that's a long story... I guess I have said what i set out to say... more/less

i more agree than not

in fact i can't find anything i disagree with... It makes no sense to saythat Jesus did everything and so we dont' have to do anything except accept him as savior.

That is just the beginning of our journey.. Some people seem to think that their little sins are so little God couldn't care less about them. Meanwhile, the people in that person's life... care about them. They have to live with them.. and I know some of them are not happy at all... And then there's the thing about.. At what level is a sin not a big deal w/ God?

well, it is hard to know everything a bout God... that's why we need a Church... The original Church is... well, that's a long story... I guess I have said what i set out to say... more/less

Yes, well said, and although it may be impossible to know everything about God it is enough to know that the way to his level of existence, the kingdom of Heaven, has been clearly defined for human beings as codified instruction, law, easily understood by even the least intelligent person out there. The churches do not seem to understand that Jesus died trying to teach the right way to interpret the figurative words and hidden subjects of the law which have absolutely nothing whatever to do with clothing, sex, or food and that the way to eternal life is based on complying with the law, doing it, in the light of that revelation of Jesus Christ, receiving the Body of his teaching, and acting on it, eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Life is in the blood, in the doing.

Sin is disobedience to the law. Setting aside even the least of the divine commands is still breaking the law under penalty of death and since the churches teach that the law is obsolete, a lie, and the worship of a perfect sacrificial human being, a violation of divine law, is the way to eternal life they are in actuality leading people to their to death, deaf, dumb and blind, like sheep to the slaughter.

People need the truth. Only the truth satisfies, lies perpetuate evil, and unless the churches live up to their professed dedication and adjust to the truth as taught by Jesus and revealed by the Spirit of truth they can only lead people to death, hades, and, ultimately, destruction.

Who needs that?

If people want to remain in the confusion of a living hell and risk eternal destruction, go to church, defy the law of God, worship a trinity, and celebrate the death of Jesus. If not, then they must do what is right. Be kosher. It's easy. Seriously, how hard is it to not do stupid things, how hard is it to say bullshit when someone is lying in the name of God, country, vanity, or greed? Remember. "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." If you do not know what Jesus meant, read Genesis 3:14

Last edited:

Forum List

Back