Jesus and Family?

Gurdari

Egaliterra
Feb 2, 2007
the West
So I heard some news that turned out to be over twenty years old, that Jesus has sons, wife, etc. And James Cameron is going to film them.

maybe they were refering to Mohammed.

His followers think he was human. Not divine, just a chosen messenger, like they think of Moses, Jesus, many of the same great men of religious history.

In fact it's weird we don't hear as much about how Muslims revere Jesus.

I think Christians need not be worried about this one way or the other, I mean Jesus' greatness was in what he did and said, not who his Dad was...

His followers think he was human. Not divine, just a chosen messenger, like they think of Moses, Jesus, many of the same great men of religious history.

In fact it's weird we don't hear as much about how Muslims revere Jesus.

I think Christians need not be worried about this one way or the other, I mean Jesus' greatness was in what he did and said, not who his Dad was...

Yeah but this is kind of a sacred deal here. Jesus fell into the 3 in one as his life on earth as a man he certainly became very aware of our short comings! But interesting comment.
I highly disagree Jesus had a wife or anything like that because we as people want to be on the same level playing field for lack of better wording. So if Jesus was getting laid then why sweat us on human urges for example??? I mean accountably can’t be enforced.

What did he say regarding human urges? Thought we were supposed to procreate... heck, even God knocked up someone elses wife.

I don't think Jesus ever actually said he was the son of God, or God.
He referred to God as 'father' like all religious people (our father who art in heaven...).

He proclaimed to be the Son of God on the earth. But procreating is one thing but being married was the correct way to handle things. We as humans have added a lot of mixes to this idea with our own desires. I'm sure some could disagree on my account and that is fine. But I will say in minor defence how about STD and AIDS for staters.

I think James Cameron noticed how much money Dan Brown made off his fictional work and thought he might as well get some of that money coming his way. There's a large ignorant mass of people out there, just waiting to grab onto the latest "research" as put forth by Hollywood.

He proclaimed to be the Son of God on the earth. But procreating is one thing but being married was the correct way to handle things.

Do you know where he said he was the son of God? Chapter/verse/etc? I had a religious friend tell me Jesus never actually claimed he was divine, but if you have some info, please share.

When did marriage start? Tough to ascertain that Jesus did NOT marry, tough to prove what someone didn't do. After reading more about the 'discovery' someone made a goo dpoint: Jesus' followers who were promoting his divinity (whether you believe in him or not) would surely have scratched off his name from a tomb that was contrary to their goals, or buried him elsewhere so as not to upset the doctrine.

I think James Cameron noticed how much money Dan Brown made off his fictional work and thought he might as well get some of that money coming his way. There's a large ignorant mass of people out there, just waiting to grab onto the latest "research" as put forth by Hollywood.

I agree - espeially since the 'news' was from the 1980s...

I see this as entirely plausible. There is a huge gap between the birth of Jesus and the time of his ministry.
You have to remember that the Christian Bible was not written during the time of Jesus. It was compiled from stories and accounts almost 300 years later.
Jesus could have been married or unmarried. He could have had kids. He could have been gay for all we know. Look how much time he spent hanging out with his disciples. :cool:

Gurdari said:

Who are you speaking of when you say "His followers think he was human."? I think this might be your personal opinion and not backed up by Holy Scripture.

I don't think Jesus ever actually said he was the son of God, or God.

What is this, Clintonian questioning of what the definition of “is” is? The Bible is full of testimonies that Jesus is the Son of God, not only from those who were closest to him but also the demons declare such. How did so many-- even the demons--get this testimony if it was not true? Even God Himself declares that Jesus is his son (Matt. 3:17; 2 Peter 1:17-18) Would you question His testimony on the subject?

Who are you speaking of when you say "His followers think he was human."? I think this might be your personal opinion and not backed up by Holy Scripture.

Muhammed. That's who I was talking about. It's backed up by every Muslim I've spoken too.

What is this, Clintonian questioning of what the definition of “is” is? The Bible is full of testimonies that Jesus is the Son of God, not only from those who were closest to him but also the demons declare such. How did so many-- even the demons--get this testimony if it was not true? Even God Himself declares that Jesus is his son (Matt. 3:17; 2 Peter 1:17-18) Would you question His testimony on the subject?

No Clintonian whatever. I just asked if JESUS HIMSELF ever said that, as I had heard that he did not actually say it. I guess you are agreeing that Jesus did not say that? I mean other than the common 'lord is our father' talk that every believer says...

Demons were quoted? WHo was there with quill in hand (or stone and hammer)? Of course his followers after his death were promoting the notion of him being not-human but divine... hard to know where their agenda and the truth meet.

I am usually skeptical of people who claim to quote God.... unless he gave them permission to put words in his mouth, how can anyone know?

I am usually skeptical of people who claim to quote God.... unless he gave them permission to put words in his mouth, how can anyone know?

How can anyone know? Try reading the Bible, the source of God's messages to mankind through his personally selected prophets. Bet that's an idea you have never entertained.

How can anyone know? Try reading the Bible, the source of God's messages to mankind through his personally selected prophets. Bet that's an idea you have never entertained.

How can anyone know? They can't. They can only think, or think they know.

I think you just lost a bet.

Why do you think God changes his mind over time? Wouldn't a perfect being always make the right decision?
(regarding slavery, rape, genocide)

Don't think so. It's obvious your knowledge of the Bible is minimal--probably nonexistent would be a better descriptive.

Either back that up, or explain in anyway you can why it's ... "obvious my knowledge of the Bible is minimal or nonexistent".

Or, if you are feeling bold - answer my questions... take all the time you need.

Forum List

Back