Jesus - A Jew, Prophet of Islam, Deity to Christians

R

rdean

When I pointed out that Jesus is an important religious figure to both Islam and Christianity, the Christians become outraged. I'm curious why that is.

When I pointed out that the Old Testament, written in Hebrew and Aramaic, is almost completely Jewish. And since Jesus was supposedly Jewish, why do Christians get upset when it's mentioned that religious figure is also a prophet of Islam?

10 brief points Christians should know about Muslims and Jesus

Muslims believe that Jesus was born miraculously of a virgin mother and no father.

Jesus will return before the end of the world.

It's perfectly clear that I have no "mystical" beliefs. I view Judaism, Islam and Christianity as very similar. All religions claim theirs is a religion of "peace". Until you read stuff like:
Jeremiah 48:10 NAB
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.

I know from the violence of the Old Testament, Jews aren't any more peaceful and in the Koran, it's almost a study of violence and torture.

The bottom line, all three religions hate being compared to the other two. Why is that?

Dont know anyone who would become outraged by it except in your own mind.

Exactly! rdean making shit up. What an unusual notion. :lol::lol::lol:

Newsflash:

every rational Christian on Earth is fully aware that Jesus was Jewish. In fact, he was a rabbi. His parents were Jewish. The Mohammedans do recognize Jesus as a Prophet, but not as being at all a deity.

There is no truth to the rumor that Jesus was a Catholic or an Episcopalian or a Baptist or a Seventh Day Adventist or a Mormon.
He may have had some knowledge of some Eastern religious beliefs, however.

Why does rdean find it necessary to make such obviously stupid and dishonest shit up?

:confused:

One is forced to wonder if rdean is anything but a fucktarded shithead.

Last edited:
Dont know anyone who would become outraged by it except in your own mind.

Exactly! rdean making shit up. What an unusual notion. :lol::lol::lol:

Newsflash:

every rational Christian on Earth is fully aware that Jesus was Jewish. In fact, he was a rabbi. His parents were Jewish. The Mohammedans do recognize Jesus as a Prophet, but not as being at all a deity.

There is no truth to the rumor that Jesus was a Catholic or an Episcopalian or a Baptist or a Seventh Day Adventist or a Mormon.
He may have had some knowledge of some Eastern religious beleifs, however.

Why does rdean find it necessary to make such obviously stupid and dishonest shit up?

:confused:

One is forced to wonder if rdean is anything but a fucktarded shithead.

trying to figure out what the fuck he is. he's like a disease that can't be diagnosed.

JESUS CHRIST!!!

I didn't know he was a rabbi.

I thought it was a carpenter.

JESUS CHRIST!!!

"it" ??

You are beginning to sound like one of the assholes.

Jesus was raised as the son of a carpenter and was very likely taught carpentry.

But Jesus was also a rabbi. You do know what a rabbi is, right?

Carpenter and rabbi: not mutually exclusive.

JESUS CHRIST!!!

"it" ??

Jesus was raised as the son of a carpenter and was very likely taught carpentry.

"it" - that was a mistake.

JESUS CHRIST!!!

"it" ??

"it" - that was a mistake.

Yeah. I kinda assumed that -- belatedly. Sorry to sound all preachy. I was just surprised that you would speak like that. I should have known better.

-Joos view Jesus as "bastard"
-Christians see him as divinity, but there is no single verse in Bible who prove this claim, he 's human who eat and prostrate and get tired, trinity was invented lately in 325.
-Muslims venerate Jesus as a prophet who came as israelite savior but he has abolished some jewish rules like some hard "eating rules".

Islamic view is the moderate opinion.

When I pointed out that Jesus is an important religious figure to both Islam and Christianity, the Christians become outraged. I'm curious why that is.

When I pointed out that the Old Testament, written in Hebrew and Aramaic, is almost completely Jewish. And since Jesus was supposedly Jewish, why do Christians get upset when it's mentioned that religious figure is also a prophet of Islam?

Muslims believe that Jesus was born miraculously of a virgin mother and no father.

It's perfectly clear that I have no "mystical" beliefs. I view Judaism, Islam and Christianity as very similar. All religions claim theirs is a religion of "peace". Until you read stuff like:
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.

I know from the violence of the Old Testament, Jews aren't any more peaceful and in the Koran, it's almost a study of violence and torture.

The bottom line, all three religions hate being compared to the other two. Why is that?
Because all 3 groups are brainwashed assholes who feel their way is the only way.
They're destroying their lives because of fairy tales.

I was just reading this yesterday and it might fit:

Easter has been and gone and I imagine that the Sadducees and Pharisees are still a bit of a mystery.

We think we know that they are the evil Christ Killers of the bible and are deserving of our detestation. We don’t really know what the differences between them are but that somehow they are shadowy and malevolent. In Mel Gibson’s movie, the leaders of the two groups look like psychopaths in stupid hats. They might have had a weakness for funny hats, but they were far from wicked.

Indeed, I consider my godless self to be a modern inheritor of the Sadducees’ mantle. And so I regard these two enigmatic groups of the Passion story with much affection.

In the time of Jesus, it was a crowded scene of Jewish parties, groups and movements which included Pharisees, Sadducees, Zealots, Essenes and many leaders, false Messiahs, prophets and pseudo prophets. Thus, the only hope for the Jesus cult was to define itself as different.

Whilst ostensibly every Jew believed the same things about the same God, if one tried to map the geography of belief of a community, one would find it a very complex terrain. For even in the most spiritual and mystical society, there can be found a sceptical minority. These sceptics inevitably are to be found no matter how credulous the world in which they live. In the Hellenistic world, the sceptics included the atheistic Epicureans who were materialists, dubious of divinities.

The Sadducees were such a group of Jewish priests. They diluted their beliefs to something that was not too demanding. They rejected the existence of angels and spirits and had no belief in the afterlife and immortality of the soul. They rejected divine intervention. Their creed was very human centred. They were not atheists. They were not even agnostic. They knew there was a God. But they did not test their God by believing that He could do too much. The Sadducees mixed their religion with reason and doubt. They were the party of the sceptics. Thus, I feel a sense of communion with this mob even though they were theists.

Sadducees And Pharisees

Freud called this phenomenon the narcissism of small differences, where people or groups exaggerate, differences in order to preserve a feeling of separateness and self.

More at the link but the point he makes about Freud's comment is what I was getting at.

Which Christians became outraged?

Because most of us are already aware of this so if they became outraged, it might be cuz some asshole was thinking he knew something they didn't.

Really, rdean, are you gonna be a moron all your life?

Abraham was the father of Ishmael and Issac. Ishmael was the child of Abraham and one of Sarah's handmaidens, who later was kicked out of the tribe and she went to Egypt.

From that line, Mohammed said he was descended, which is why Islam reveres quite a bit of the Old and New Testaments, as well as many of the prominent figures.

Only thing is, Islam thinks they are the only religion that is "fully correct" as Judaism and Christianity are supposed to be (according to Islam) "corrupted".

American Christians have an unreasonable fear of anything Islamic, because of 9/11 and the constant scaring of them by Cheney and Bush Jr. Because of that fear, they won't acknowledge Islams claim to Yeshua. Additionally, because of the Catholic church and their Bible re-writes, they focused the OT to point towards the birth of Yeshua, and then used the rest of the NT as a way to focus it on the return of Yeshua in Revelation.

Jews acknowledge Yeshua as a prophet and a rabbi, but because He didn't complete all the prophecies, He's not really the Messiah.

But..........they should realize that was because Rome and the Jewish Priests conspired against Him, resulting in His crucifixion before He could complete the prophecies.

And........if you want to know why I call Him Yeshua, it's because that's His name. My name is Robert, but if you called me Roberto or some other stuff, I'd correct you, as I'm American.

Yeshua is Jewish. That is what His name is.

Last edited:
Because all 3 groups are brainwashed assholes who feel their way is the only way.

Except that rdean is completely wrong with his assessment. And if you agree with him, my only conclusion is you have some incorrect premises.

Tell me, why would people follow a religion if they believed it was false?

Moreover, how does asserting that a religion is true make it false?

Except that rdean is completely wrong with his assessment. And if you agree with him, my only conclusion is you have some incorrect premises.

Do people really believe in Christianity, or do they hope that if they follow its tenet they will be rewarded? In this case, I would say those people do not believe, but they hope for some paart of it is true so they can learn what happiness is.

Can a sane person die for a lie. Yes, if that lie is tied to some hope!!

Will a sane person believe in Fairy tales? Yes, if those fairytales give that person hope.

See, the problem with atheists and agnostics is simple. They argue against god--argue against hope instead!!:cuckoo:

I don't know that they believe it's false, as people who are part of the faith tend to not look too closely at it.

In Islam, they state that the angel Gabriel dictated the Koran to Mohamed, which is what they believe happened.

The truth? After Mohamed died, his friends and followers all got together to remember his sayings and quotes and stories. Gabriel couldn't have dictated it to Mohamed, as Mohamed was illiterate. Furthermore, Gabriel is one of God's archangels which means he's very close to God. God puts order to things, which is one of the things that is said at the beginning of Genesis.

So.......if God puts order to things, and Gabriel is one of God's top angels, how can it be possible that Gabriel would dictate something like the Koran to Mohamed all mixed up?

You can see lies in Christianity as well.......Easter has nothing to do with rabbits or eggs. Those are pagan symbols of fertility that Rome mixed in with Christianity to make it more appealing to the pagans. Same thing with the reason Christmas is tied to the Winter Solstice and the Spring Solstice is tied to Easter, because Yeshua was actually born around 31 October.

Yeah.........if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe the lie.

Christians and Muslims are afraid to examine their Scripture for the truth about the Messiah and they both follow tradition rather than their respective Scripture when having to face their differences in the name of the Messiah and whether he was crucified or not.
Muslims accept the confirmation of the Quran that the Messiah was not crucified but they reject the confirmation of the same Quran that the Messiah's name was Isa and not Jesus and so they falsely preach a prophet Jesus of Islam.
Christians reject Islam's view on the crucifixion but they seem to accept that Jesus was a prophet of Islam who is not considered by the Muslims to be the son of God.
The Quran is quite clear about the Messiah and the Bible actually agrees with the Quran that there was a hoax to the crucifixion and also a hoax to the name Jesus as applied to the Biblical Christ, but Muslims and Christians are extremely fearful about opening the Scriptures to see this agreement as it exposes the both sides of being astray from the Scriptures and from the truth.
The Age Of Reason by M A Raheem and Mervyn C Charles examines the Scriptures and arrives at proof of the truth of the hoax of the name of Jesus and the crucifixion but Muslims and Christians turn away from being faced with the reality.
The Quran puts its confirmation in the words of the translation as, "That they said, we killed the Messiah Isa, the son of Mariam, the Apostle of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for a surety they killed him not" Quran 4:157

To say that Jesus was crucified would be wholly true according to the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John of the New Testament of the Bible, and this would depend on the true identity of Jesus.
To say that the Messiah or Christ was crucified would definitely be false and misleading and contrary to the claim of the Quran, and the evidence of Scripture as contained in the Bible.
The name of Jesus is a New Testament name that is nowhere to be found in the Old Testament, so that the Old Testament of the Bible disagrees with, or, it cannot be said to be in total agreement with this name that is used to identify the Messiah in the New Testament, but the Quran confirms the Hoax of the crucifixion and the Bible reveals the intricacies of the Hoax for all who wish to see truth.
The Quran never uses the false name of Jesus and, try as you can; there is no way that Isa can be turned into Jesus or can you force Allah to say what He did not.
The four Gospels are the claimants of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, and they are the Gospels of the crucifixion by four, that is to say, that they are used in repetition of the alleged crucifixion, but they are certainly not the Gospels of the fulfillment of the prophecy of the child as named in the prophecy and command of the Lord God of Israel of the Book of Isaiah (Isaiah 7:14) of the Old Testament of the Bible.
Two of the four Gospels (Matthew and Luke) make mention of the naming of the infant Messiah with the name of Jesus, which name defies the prophecy and command of the Lord God of Israel. (Isaiah 7:14)
Jesus of the Gospels replaces Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14), which is referred to as Emmanuel (Matthew1: 23). This represents an annulment of the command of the Lord, by an angel of the Lord, after the child was conceived in the mother’s womb (Matthew 1:20-21).
Matthew attempts to justify this annulment of the command of the Lord as a fulfillment of the prophecy as “spoken” by the prophet (Matthew 1:22), but the prophecy is again altered, with the authority for naming the child being shifted from the virgin to “they,” whoever they may be.
The prophecy and command of the Lord, was one of conception without a father, “a virgin shall conceive” (Isaiah 7:14), which is repeated in Matthew’s reference, with what seems to be a slight twist to the original prophecy, becoming The prophecy and command of the Lord, was one of conception without a father, “a virgin shall conceive” (Isaiah 7:14), which is repeated in Matthew’s reference, with what seems to be a slight twist to the original prophecy, becoming, “a virgin shall be with child.” (Matthew 1: 23)
Luke reports that an Angel of God, Gabriel by name, appears to the virgin before conception (Luke 1:26-31), which would be before Matthew’s angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph “in a dream,” after conception. (Matthew1: 20)
Luke appears to be reading his command to the virgin from the prophecy of Isaiah (Isaiah 7:14) as he states, “And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.” (Luke 1:31) Here, Luke agrees with the earlier prophecy that the virgin shall name the son, with the exception and/or alteration of Immanuel, (Isaiah 7:14) and/or Emmanuel. (Matthew 1:23) with the insertion of JESUS.
Luke goes one step further and reports the naming of the child eight days after his birth, at his circumcision, at which time, “his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.” (Luke 2:21)
Luke comes after the duplicated crucifixion of Jesus in the Gospels of Matthew and Mark, by which time Matthew has already named the child, who has twice gone through the crucifixion of Jesus King of the Jews.
Luke introduces a different chronological order of events that does not help to remove uncertainty and confusion, so that the breach of the command of the Lord God of Israel comes from what can be said to be:
• One or two different angels (the angel is not named in Matthew while Gabriel is the angel of Luke),
• In two different locations, (to Joseph, after he became conscious of her pregnancy, while he slept, in Matthew, and to Mary, before conception in Luke),
• On two separate occasions, (which is quite obvious, being before and after conception).
We are informed by Luke that the mother was aware that “that which was conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 1: 20), before she conceived and after she “was espoused to a man named Joseph” (Luke 1: 27), and yet Joseph was not considered until after he contemplated putting her away for being unfaithful. This confusion and scandal must be viewed as no more than a sacrilegious distortion of Scripture.
We have Joseph being authorized to name the child Jesus in Matthew by the angel (Matthew 1:21) to which he complied (Matthew 1: 25). The mother is authorized to name the child Jesus in Luke (Luke 1:31), to which Luke offers no evidence that she did comply. Both Gospels therefore do agree that the virgin was in no way responsible for the alteration of the name of her child nor for the confusion in the naming of the child with an improper name.
Muslims and Christians conceal their misunderstanding in Yeshua and Joshua as Jesus when Yeshua or Joshua translates Yah or Jah is Salvation.
The four Gospels also carry the Hoax that far while it is left to the reader to bring the Hoax into the open by bringing the Gospels together into one story and bringing the jigs of the jig-saw puzzle in place to show the chronology of events and the truth of the beautiful planning and the execution of the plan and the two thieves named Jesus.

There is no Jesus in Islam.

Forum List

Back